Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iloka Deserves Some Props
The Steelers knocked Burfict out with a dirty hit. They scored a TD. You already lost. What do you have to lose at that point? And Iloka went helmet to helmet on Brown.

I'm not saying these hits should be in football...but you can't be pushed around.

It's like a pitcher in baseball throwing at the other teams batter after your best player gets hit.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Steelers knocked Burfict out with a dirty hit. They scored a TD. You already lost. What do you have to lose at that point? And Iloka went helmet to helmet on Brown.

I'm not saying these hits should be in football...but you can't be pushed around.

It's like a pitcher in baseball throwing at the other teams batter after your best player gets hit.

We showed more fight in that playoff loss to the Steelers than we did this past Sunday.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Out of every player on the team, Iloka deserves the very least amount of props based on his play on Monday. He gave up an interception in favor of a big hit more than once in the game, and got himself suspended with his dangerous play.

We roast Marvin Lewis for running an undisciplined team....we cant give props to the players when they play without discipline.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:56 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Out of every player on the team, Iloka deserves the very least amount of props based on his play on Monday.  He gave up an interception in favor of a big hit more than once in the game, and got himself suspended with his dangerous play.  

We roast Marvin Lewis for running an undisciplined team....we cant give props to the players when they play without discipline.

Agreed without the Iloka retaliation the Bengals played a very clean game, but now we have the "Both teams were so dirty" narrative. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Steelers knocked Burfict out with a dirty hit. They scored a TD. You already lost. What do you have to lose at that point? And Iloka went helmet to helmet on Brown.

Yeah but he also had a boneheaded play earlier where he had an easy INT and went for the hit instead he actually had to run past the ball which hit him in the shoulder to make the late hit.. which luckily didn't get called.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I have to agree with the no props thing. Ignoting that pick at the end of the first half so he could smack Brown was a bonehead play.

Like it or not, Burfict has legit earned much of his reputation. He's a big boy, he can handle himself. Knocking Brown (who is admittedly annoying immatre brat) unconscious, who I might add has never laid a dirt hit on a Bengal, seemed silly. You want to hurt the Steelers. Man up, and win the games. Because the Steelers don't treat the Bengals like respected rivals. And they shouldn't at this point. I would love the next head coach who comes in to say, "Our immediate goal is to beat Pittsburgh twice every year we play them"to
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:54 AM)PhilHos Wrote: We showed more fight in that playoff loss to the Steelers than we did this past Sunday.

If the rumors are true that Marvin is planning to retire from coaching after this year, it would fit his attitude this year that he just flat out has a lack of interest.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If you want to give props to Iloka then fine, but at least demand the hit to hurt. Brown was up celebrating as if nothing happened. If anything Iloka FAILED!

Either way we all know that wasn't a retaliation hit. Iloka makes that hit all the time. Sometimes he gets flagged for it, sometimes he doesn't.

As long as we keep losing there is no true retaliation. They keep getting the last laugh. And we are the little brother swinging and crying as the older brother holds us by the forehead just out of arms reach.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:54 AM)PhilHos Wrote: We showed more fight in that playoff loss to the Steelers than we did this past Sunday.

I usually agree with you, but I can't here. The results obviously weren't what we wanted, but we played a pretty clean game instead of us getting into a bigger wanker competition.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 12:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I usually agree with you, but I can't here. The results obviously weren't what we wanted, but we played a pretty clean game instead of us getting into a bigger wanker competition.

We played clean, sure, but we showed little to no fire. Sure, in the playoff game the players were out of control, but they at least showed a passion and were determined to not be bullied (even if they failed at it). This past Sunday, their seemed to be no intensity - aside from a play or two. Where was the pushing and shoving after Burfict was knocked out (and I don't mean immediately, I mean during and after every play that occurred after that)? I'm not saying I want them to play dirty, but I want them to get in the Steelers faces. I want them to let them know that we aren't scared of them.

Instead, we went right back to playing like we have been this season and laid down. It's no wonder the Steelers don't respect us. They openly show their lack of respect and we're just like "Oh well." This is why we have such a horrible record against them under Lewis.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
He isnt getting props from me.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

I agree with you 100%. IF... IF someone were a fan of self policing yourselves in a sport, the timing of when he decided to lay into Brown was much better than in the playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:56 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Out of every player on the team, Iloka deserves the very least amount of props based on his play on Monday.  He gave up an interception in favor of a big hit more than once in the game, and got himself suspended with his dangerous play.  

THIS.
Iloka goofed bad. 
His refusal to play the ball twice put this team in bad positions twice. It's selfish football. It's bad football.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 01:39 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: THIS.
Iloka goofed bad. 
His refusal to play the ball twice put this team in bad positions twice. It's selfish football. It's bad football.

Totally agree !

It's the complete lack of any discipline, me first football that is the downfall of this team.

Zero Accountability
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 01:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Totally agree !

It's the complete lack of any discipline, me first football that is the downfall of this team.

Zero Accountability

Yep. You know what would be a great way to show up the Steelers? WIN THE ***** GAME.

Instead they make dumb selfish football decisions and lose. But we should celebrate that?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 02:14 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yep. You know what would be a great way to show up the Steelers? WIN THE ***** GAME.

Instead they make dumb selfish football decisions and lose. But we should celebrate that?

Oh winning the game wasn't going to happen. If the defense played well, we would have gave up a punt return or a Pick 6.

The Bengals find ways to lose.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 02:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh winning the game wasn't going to happen. If the defense played well, we would have gave up a punt return or a Pick 6.

Yeah like selfishly choosing to hit over make the smart play on the ball. 
Iloka screwed up and it hurt the team. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 02:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh winning the game wasn't going to happen. If the defense played well, we would have gave up a punt return or a Pick 6.

But they did give up a TD on a return. We can thank whoever #27 is on their shitty team for the holding calls!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 04:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yeah like selfishly choosing to hit over make the smart play on the ball. 
Iloka screwed up and it hurt the team. 

Harsh considering the ball should have never been thrown where it was. Ben threw it inside and Brown expected in outside where he was open so did Iloka who was coming down hill to get a stop on 3rd down.

Fact is Iloka quickly diagnosed the play on 3rd and short and was in position to make the stop.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Boy Iloka's stock sure has fallen since Nelson left. I remember when people were saying Iloka was better than Kam Chancellor.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote