Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iloka Deserves Some Props
For what? Drawing a flag and doing **** all to prevent the catch?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 05:31 PM)Synric Wrote: Harsh considering the ball should have never been thrown where it was. Ben threw it inside and Brown expected in outside where he was open so did Iloka who was coming down hill to get a stop on 3rd down.

Fact is Iloka quickly diagnosed the play on 3rd and short and was in position to make the stop.

False. If he had his head up, he could have made the play on the ball. He was eyeing the receiver the whole way. He should have played the ball. 
You have to be aware of the way football is called now. It's almost always the correct call to play the ball. It was a bad throw. It should have been picked off. That's what you do to bad throws. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:05 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: False. If he had his head up, he could have made the play on the ball. He was eyeing the receiver the whole way. He should have played the ball. 
You have to be aware of the way football is called now. It's almost always the correct call to play the ball. It was a bad throw. It should have been picked off. That's what you do to bad throws. 

I agree.  I recall watching those plays and thinking to myself, "Why is he not even looking at the ball?"  It was blatantly obvious that his attention was purely focused on hitting the receiver, no matter what.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree.  I recall watching those plays and thinking to myself, "Why is he not even looking at the ball?"  It was blatantly obvious that his attention was purely focused on hitting the receiver, no matter what.

I disagree because that's was supposed to be quick throw to the outside Iloka read the play. If the ball was placed right he had no chance at it whatsoever and Iloka knew that why he keyed in on making the stop.

His primary job was to stop the receiver from converting a 3rd short. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Iloka is one of my favorite players on this team, and he played like absolute shit.. no props. Forgot how to tackle, cover and looked blind Monday.
Reply/Quote