Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iloka and Others Return to Practice
This doesn't mean that he'll play, but Iloka was practicing on Friday:

Quote:The Bengals got good news on Friday regarding their secondary, according to ESPN's Coley Harvey.

Friday's practice saw the return of safety George Iloka, who's been hampered with a groin injury. Iloka missed last Sunday's win over the Cleveland Browns as well as the last two days of practice.

The news doesn't confirm Iloka will play on Sunday against the Steelers, but it means hope remains alive. Fridays stay pretty light for the Bengals, and so it doesn't exactly prove he's game ready. However, if had missed on Friday, he almost certainly wouldn't see the field this week.

Also seen practicing was cornerback Leon Hall. He practiced for his second consecutive day. Tight end Tyler Eifert notched his his third straight day on the practice field.

As expected, cornerback Adam Jones did not practice. He's not been ruled out officially for the game but told ESPN on Wednesday that he wouldn't go. He hasn't practiced all week so there's no reason to doubt his proclamation.

Friday's injury report will shed light on the status of the Bengals ailing secondary when it comes out later today.

I'm relieved that at least Hall looks to be full-go, Iloka might be playing, and I saw somewhere that Jones had his boot off, which doesn't mean he'll play, but it's at least a possibility. He said Wednesday(?) that he wouldn't play, but he might have just been expecting the worst or throwing a curveball to keep everyone on their toes (I know there's rules against teams falsifying injury reports, but don't think there's anything against a player misdirecting).

Our secondary is the one group that especially needs to play out of their minds with all the weapons that the Steelers have, and our pass rush also needs to have a big day.

Good news to see Eifert again because the Steelers are vulnerable to the tight end, so I hope we see sets with him and Kroft on the field at the same time.

It's Steelers week, people!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 06:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This doesn't mean that he'll play, but Iloka was practicing on Friday:

I'm relieved that at least Hall looks to be full-go, Iloka might be playing, and I saw somewhere that Jones had his boot off, which doesn't mean he'll play, but it's at least a possibility.  He said Wednesday(?) that he wouldn't play, but he might have just been expecting the worst or throwing a curveball to keep everyone on their toes (I know there's rules against teams falsifying injury reports, but don't think there's anything against a player misdirecting).

Our secondary is the one group that especially needs to play out of their minds with all the weapons that the Steelers have, and our pass rush also needs to have a big day.

Good news to see Eifert again because the Steelers are vulnerable to the tight end, so I hope we see sets with him and Kroft on the field at the same time.

It's Steelers week, people!

Im really worried about the secondary.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 06:32 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Im really worried about the secondary.

Well the bright side is if we have to play Shaw and Hill for extended amounts of time. This will be a great test to see what we have.
Reply/Quote
If I recall, Marvin and Tomblin, both played this injury rumor mill game, in high gear, before our last meeting. Seems to be a lot of bluffing in the week heading up to these Bengal/Steeler games. I won't be surprised at all if Jones plays and sits out for 49er game. Keep your roll of gauze close because this game is gonna be a gaping, grizzly, bloodstained RUCKUS!
Reply/Quote
Sit the questionable guys. The more important game is the Broncos game. Don't risk further injury for the sake of rivalry, especially when a groin injury (Iloka) can get to be nagging
Reply/Quote
Their status has to progress. I bet they all play. It's just the stupid NFL rules on what a guy can be labeled .

Besides all the backup DB's have gained expierence. This has been a plus. I would also expect a lot of these younger guys playing vs the 9ers and Ravens as well. A shame about Dennard but it just means Shaw gets more run . Which can only help.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 06:40 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Sit the questionable guys. The more important game is the Broncos game. Don't risk further injury for the sake of rivalry, especially when a groin injury (Iloka) can get to be nagging

Not just a rivalry, this is a chance for the Bengals to secure the Division AND to knock Shitsburgh out of the playoffs..... like them or hate them, if they get in the playoffs they are a different team.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 12:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not just a rivalry, this is a chance for the Bengals to secure the Division AND to knock Shitsburgh out of the playoffs..... like them or hate them, if they get in the playoffs they are a different team.

I don't think they are a different team. Since '11, they've made the playoffs twice. Once as a wildcard and once as divisional champs. Both times they've lost in the first round. 

That whole "don't want to play them" and "different in the playoffs" is a myth.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote