Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dispute or Agree?
(12-07-2017, 01:47 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Lawson at #30 edge?   No way on that one.  He's much higher than that with the limited time he plays.

Yeah I think so too...but he's not that good against the run so I'm sure that knocks him down some too.

From a sheer pass rushing standpoint, he's at the top of the list.
Reply/Quote
You know, 2-3 years ago before free agency ripped this team apart...we probably only had 2-3 starters rated Poor and more average and above average guys.

That makes a difference.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 10:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You know, 2-3 years ago before free agency ripped this team apart...we probably only had 2-3 starters rated Poor and more average and above average guys.

That makes a difference.

....especially seeing that you're approach is draft and develop, you have to hit on the draft. They haven't recently thus the decline
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 11:03 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: ....especially seeing that you're approach is draft and develop, you have to hit on the draft. They haven't recently thus the decline

Yeah. I don't think we have great coaching...but we've lost a lot of talented players over the past 2 years...and we haven't brought in many via the draft.

That's the simple reason for the decline.

Losing good coordinators too.

Marvin gets blame for the offense and defense...but it's the coordinators who run those shows.
Reply/Quote
No knock on Mixon, but how is he above average with the way the year started?

I'd say the rest are pretty well on point.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick and Jones took a huge step back this year. Jones can be explained by age, but Kirk has no excuse. I don't know how much guaranteed Kirk has left, but if he doesn't show improvement in the offseason/preseason he should be on the bubble.

Also, we need 4 new starters on the oline next year. I'd honestly be totally fine if every single one of our draft picks was an offensive lineman.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote