Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iloka surprising PFF #S - Monster Safety
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 2h2 hours ago
Throwing at Bengals S George IIoka was a mistake last year. Allowed 0 TDs, and a QB rating of just 18.4, NFL best.

Thats just awesome. I really hope they re-sign him.
He may not be a crazy safety like Polamalu but he's played brilliantly
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 01:12 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF  2h2 hours ago
Throwing at Bengals S George IIoka was a mistake last year.  Allowed 0 TDs, and a QB rating of just 18.4, NFL best.

He's more Ed Reed than Troy Polamalu.

He's a rangy centerfielder who can lay some wood. 

Troy was always more down hill, who relied on his athleticism to make up for coverage flaws.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 01:15 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's more Ed Reed than Troy Polamalu.

He's a rangy centerfielder who can lay some wood. 

Troy was always more down hill, who relied on his athleticism to make up for coverage flaws.

indeed! 
I know a lot of people think he will come cheap with an extension. I don't think he will. He won't command elite money, but he will get a significant pay raise.
TBH if he hits the open market...Bengals won't be able to compete with other offers.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 01:17 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: indeed! 
I know a lot of people think he will come cheap with an extension. I don't think he will. He won't command elite money, but he will get a significant pay raise.
TBH if he hits the open market...Bengals won't be able to compete with other offers.

They could easily compete. It just might mean someone else doesn't get signed...and as long as that someone isn't Kevin Zeitler, I'm okay with that. Only other person it would really suck to lose that much is Marvin Jones, but you can't keep everyone. 
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 01:12 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 2h2 hours ago
Throwing at Bengals S George IIoka was a mistake last year. Allowed 0 TDs, and a QB rating of just 18.4, NFL best.

He played much better year 2 with both hands healthy...

Hopefully he doesnt go around a punch any more helmets this year.

Shawn Williams has work to do.... Im not sure who will take over for Nelson
Reply/Quote
I hope he is one of those guys we sign in August to a long term deal. The guy is the perfect Safety for todays NFL he can cover a ton of ground and has the length to contest passes.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 01:21 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They could easily compete. It just might mean someone else doesn't get signed...and as long as that someone isn't Kevin Zeitler, I'm okay with that. Only other person it would really suck to lose that much is Marvin Jones, but you can't keep everyone. 

Zeitler is playing for the Bengals in 2016 regardless. They picked up his 5th year option.
Zeitler won't see an extension this year or next summer since they have him through 2016 season.

I predict you will see a lot of front loaded money in AJ, M. Jones, possibly Sanu and Iloka contracts.
Bengals like to do that and then clear the cap space for more players the following year.

Bengals Own Dre and Zeitler through 2015 so don't worry on them yet.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 02:54 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Zeitler is playing for the Bengals in 2016 regardless. They picked up his 5th year option.
Zeitler won't see an extension this year or next summer since they have him through 2016 season.

I predict you will see a lot of front loaded money in AJ, M. Jones, possibly Sanu and Iloka contracts.
Bengals like to do that and then clear the cap space for more players the following year.

Don't think they don't want to lower those 2016 cap hits though.

They don't want to pay him 8 million that year, no way.
Reply/Quote
Best safety Marvin has had since he's been here.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 02:58 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Don't think they don't want to lower those 2016 cap hits though.

They don't want to pay him 8 million that year, no way.

they have until near the beginnnig of the season to work out a long term deal and remove those option year Tags....
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 03:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they have until near the beginnnig of the season to work out a long term deal and remove those option year Tags....

Beginning of the 2016 season or this season?

I think regardless they plan on keeping Zielter here long term, and bu doing that they can save cap room by extending him sooner than later.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 03:08 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Beginning of the 2016 season or this season?

I think regardless they plan on keeping Zielter here long term, and bu doing that they can save cap room by extending him sooner than later.

i think this season.

Id love to see them ink Big Z..

But that all but puts the writing on the wall for our two OTs.... unless one of the picks dont pan out from this season its gonna be hard to sit a 1st or 2nd round OT/OG for to long. (if they all stay in their current positions IE no one slides to C to make room for one of the draft picks to play OG till an OT spot opens)
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 01:17 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: indeed! 

I give why could they not compete?
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 06:11 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I give why could they not compete?

My guess is that the Bengals have never been a team to spend a ton of money at the safety spot.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 02:54 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Zeitler is playing for the Bengals in 2016 regardless. They picked up his 5th year option.

Zeitler is not a guarantee...The Bengals can drop that option at any time before the start of the 2016 NFL League season (sometime in March next year)...They just used it to be abe to negotiate a long term contract...The Bengals are not going to pay a RG 8 million per season, even just one season...If they do not get a good extension with him then they will probaby cut bait and move on...  They have Hopkins that they were very high on and just drafted the one kid that can play any position....IMO..

Have a great day!!
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 01:12 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF  2h2 hours ago
Throwing at Bengals S George IIoka was a mistake last year.  Allowed 0 TDs, and a QB rating of just 18.4, NFL best.

Perfect timing. I just watched him slam into Delaney Walker, causing the football to deflect into Robert Geathers arms.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He's kind of the quiet, unsung hero (not that he's played well enough to be the hero, even in those terms, but you get what I'm saying), and I always wanted a Troy P or Ronnie Lott-type guy that's in-the-box and laying the wood, but the NFL is evolving so much that a guy with the type of range that Iloka has and can lay the wood deeper in the secondary is completely fine.

Our backers, especially if Burfict is out even longer, along with our free safety position, look like our only weaknesses on the team, but, otherwise, I'm PUMPED about this D.
Reply/Quote
He'd be as well regarded as Kam if he were in Seattle's D. They aren't the same exact player with Iloka playing more coverage but they are similarly built and lay the wood like monsters
Reply/Quote
he is a beast
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
This is further proof that Vance Joseph and Mark Carrier are some of the best at what they do. Hats off to them and Iloka for keeping the D respectable without a great pass rush last season. Scary to think what that secondary would do with better play up front.
Reply/Quote