Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im cool with it.
(12-07-2017, 01:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The league knows exactly what's going on and they love it. How hard is it to make sure the best, most experienced group of refs are scheduled for the biggest games (playoffs, primetime), and tell them to call it tight BOTH WAYS. They could also watch a little game tape and see ALL the cheap shots that are doled out like candy from both teams.

Since they don't, they obviously want it. 

"Love me, hate me, just don't ignore me"

Exactly, which is why I added the caveat at the end of my post.  I don't think they really care.  Gronkowski should have been ejected, and suspended.  Iloka's suspension should have been upheld.  It was a bang bang play, as was JuJuBead's, but you can't go in there high, leading with your helmet.  I'd have to watch the replay, but it seems he could've aimed at the torso, and had a better shot dislodging the ball.

They secretly LOVE the violence between these teams.  Otherwise, they wouldn't schedule a prime time game between them, knowing full well what the outcome, and the nature of the matchup will be.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This was making the rounds the last couple days but I didn't see the need to share since everyone got a suspension.  That changed.

That's from last weekend.  I suppose the difference is no one watched that game. 

Edit to add the commentary from the game:

[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: This was making the rounds the last couple days but I didn't see the need to share since everyone got a suspension.  That changed.

That's from last weekend.  I suppose the difference is no one watched that game. 

Edit to add the commentary from the game:

The difference is, he was in front of him and didn't hit him in the head. 

What is your question?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 03:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The difference is, he was in front of him and didn't hit him in the head. 

What is your question?

Yes, JuJu was in front of Burfict and it appears Jones didn't have an H2H just a right to the neck area with his shoulder.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: Exactly, which is why I added the caveat at the end of my post.  I don't think they really care.  Gronkowski should have been ejected, and suspended.  Iloka's suspension should have been upheld.  It was a bang bang play, as was JuJuBead's, but you can't go in there high, leading with your helmet.  I'd have to watch the replay, but it seems he could've aimed at the torso, and had a better shot dislodging the ball.

They secretly LOVE the violence between these teams.  Otherwise, they wouldn't schedule a prime time game between them, knowing full well what the outcome, and the nature of the matchup will be.

That's exactly right.  Why else would you have the Bengals on MNF?  Unless they have become like TNF where every team plays at least once.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Consistency in the penalties is my biggest issue. It just seems like the Wild West with what the punishment from Goodell is going to be.
[Image: 6zwk79.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 01:44 PM)CB3UK Wrote: Consistency in the penalties is my biggest issue.  It just seems like the Wild West with what the punishment from Goodell is going to be.

Flagged...no suspension.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 11:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Flagged...no suspension.

Count me as one who prefers the college rules for unsportsmanlike penalties.  Juju should have been tossed on Monday.  But that rule is a whole different issue.
[Image: 6zwk79.png]
Reply/Quote