Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im not sure how you can justify NOT trading Mccarron at this point
(11-21-2016, 02:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The counter to your counter is that both McCarron and Pittsburgh were prepared for their 2nd match and we all saw what happened.  

Against Denver, Mac went for 200 yards on 35 attempts (5.71 yards per attempt), with 1 TD and one very crucial turnover. Not sure what that proves. His other matchups were against SF, Baltimore and Pitt. Hardly a murderer's row of defenses, yet he put up similar inefficient numbers.

SF - 15/21 for 192 yards and 1 TD with a 119 passer rating and a win. 

Baltimore - 17/27 160 yards 2 TD with a 103 rating and a win. 

Those are hardly " inefficient" numbers.

Its obvious last year that the coaching staff protected Mccarron by making him more of a "game manager" type of quarterback by limiting his deep throws and how many times he threw the ball. Our team last year was good enough where he didnt need to throw the ball 40 times down field to win. Mccarron can be a capable quarterback in this league given a real chance and im betting a team is willing to trade a second round pick for this chance. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Our next head coach may not think that highly of Dalton. Mike Brown had to be coaxed in to drafting him. Jay Gruden is gone and fought to draft him. His QB coach and our OC will hopefully be gone. If we start a rebuild AJMC could be our guy.

Dalton is more expensive and will have more trade value.

Not saying Dalton is bad. He is a good QB. But he can not carry us.

I am 100% certain if AJMC was our starting QB this year he could have gotten us to 3-6-1.

If we are not blown away by a trade offer before the draft the next head coach needs to have an open QB competition. When teams get hit by injuries we ship out the loser of that competition.

AJMC essentially won a playoff game for us. At least he has gotten us closer than Dalton has.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 03:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Our next head coach may not think that highly of Dalton. Mike Brown had to be coaxed in to drafting him. Jay Gruden is gone and fought to draft him. His QB coach and our OC will hopefully be gone. If we start a rebuild AJMC could be our guy.

I am 100% certain if AJMC was our starting QB this year he could have gotten us to 3-6-1.

If we are not blown away by a trade offer before the draft the next head coach needs to have an open QB competition. When teams get hit by injuries we ship out the loser of that competition.

AJMC essentially won a playoff game for us. At least he has gotten us closer than Dalton has.

Except McCarron is only 3 years younger than Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 03:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: SF - 15/21 for 192 yards and 1 TD with a 119 passer rating and a win. 

Baltimore - 17/27 160 yards 2 TD with a 103 rating and a win. 

Those are hardly " inefficient" numbers.

Its obvious last year that the coaching staff protected Mccarron by making him more of a "game manager" type of quarterback by limiting his deep throws and how many times he threw the ball. Our team last year was good enough where he didnt need to throw the ball 40 times down field to win. Mccarron can be a capable quarterback in this league given a real chance and im betting a team is willing to trade a second round pick for this chance. 

When you're touting a 192 yard game and a 160 yard game against poor teams as pro-McCarron evidence, you know we're really reaching. You say the team was good enough to win without McCarron throwing much, yet we lost twice when McCarron was forced to throw 35+ times, and he didn't look good in either instance.

I promise to eat crow if he's traded for a first or maybe even a second rounder. Hopefully you do the same if he's traded for a 3rd or later. In my honest opinion, I don't think he'll be traded at all, and that alone will be evidence that no one offered a 2nd or higher.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
You pro-AJM guys seriously crack me up. A FIRST rounder for a weak-armed guy that played mediocre at best against terrible teams last year?!

What are you guys smoking and where did you get it?
Reply/Quote
No. Bench or trade Dalton and rebuild around AJM. That's the most logical explanation.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:33 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: He is gone after next year regardless, so I would think they take the best possible offer going into next year's draft.  He put up some good tape and this team has a lot of holes to fill.  I would think a third, or possibly second round pick, but not a first.

You never know. I didn't think Sam Bradford was worth a first round pick but Zimmer was desperate.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 03:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Our next head coach may not think that highly of Dalton. Mike Brown had to be coaxed in to drafting him. Jay Gruden is gone and fought to draft him. His QB coach and our OC will hopefully be gone. If we start a rebuild AJMC could be our guy.

1. Mac wouldn't have won the game where Dalton was sacked 7 times and threw for 366. McCarron never threw for more than 212 yards in a start, and that was when the team was good. Mac wouldn't have gotten the tie against the Skins, either.

2. The defense "essentially" won that playoff game. Mac essentially played like poo.

3. I like how you say that a rebuild would get rid of everyone that liked Dalton, but you somehow think Mac would be immune to the same circumstances. A new coach will keep Dalton. Book it. If he somehow wants to start over from scratch at QB, it would be with his own guy. Not Mac.

4. Why do anti-Dalton guys love McCarron? He's a poor man's Dalton, with a weaker arm, less athleticism and far worse pocket awareness. If I hated Dalton, I wouldn't want a less talented clone of him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Like it or not AJ McCarron will be your Quarterback, if you don't like it LEAVE!!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 03:42 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Like it or not AJ McCarron will be your Quarterback, if you don't like it LEAVE!!!!

I'm Fresno B and I approve this message. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 03:42 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Like it or not AJ McCarron will be your Quarterback, if you don't like it LEAVE!!!!

....false. Dalton will be the QB for the foreseeable future. McCaron gets traded or walks in the off season after next season.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 03:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: ....false. Dalton will be the QB for the foreseeable future. McCaron gets traded or walks in the off season after next season.

He's just trying to stir the pot.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 03:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Mac wouldn't have won the game where Dalton was sacked 7 times and threw for 366. McCarron never threw for more than 212 yards in a start, and that was when the team was good. Mac wouldn't have gotten the tie against the Skins, either.

2. The defense "essentially" won that playoff game. Mac essentially played like poo.

3. I like how you say that a rebuild would get rid of everyone that liked Dalton, but you somehow think Mac would be immune to the same circumstances. A new coach will keep Dalton. Book it. If he somehow wants to start over from scratch at QB, it would be with his own guy. Not Mac.

4. Why do anti-Dalton guys love McCarron? He's a poor man's Dalton, with a weaker arm, less athleticism and far worse pocket awareness. If I hated Dalton, I wouldn't want a less talented clone of him.

1. AJMC came off the bench and threw for 280 in his first real NFL action when he got sacked 3 times. And had a QB rating against the Steelers that was better than all but one of Daltons game against the Steelers. In the games against the same opponents AJMC did better and we had a better chance of winning in the games against Denver and Pitt last year when he was starting compared to the games Dalton started against them this year. 

2. Except when the game was on the line with barely any time left and he led us on a scoring drive to take the lead in shitty weather conditions.

3. Dalton costs 15.7mil next year. AJMC costs 735k. 

4. I'm not anti-Dalton. I like him. He is a decent NFL QB. I don't think he is irreplaceable. New coach usually means new starting QB. I think the logical choice is the guy on the last year of his rookie contract who looks like he could be a starting NFL QB. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 04:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 3. Dalton costs 15.7mil next year. AJMC costs 735k. 

One thing about this, Dalton is the last of the cheap deals. AJM may be 735k next year, but the following year he will cost more than Dalton. The market is completely boned post Osweiller deal heading into what could be an absurd Cousins deal. I look at Dalton's contract as advantage Dalton now based on the changing landscape.
Reply/Quote
We missed our chance to trade him. His value is down and will be WAY down next season.

Here's some QBs next season that are going to be on the trading block or free agents:
Kirk Cousins
Tony Romo
Sam Bradford
Jay Cutler
Jimmy Garropolo

They all have higher trade value than McCarron. Plus, you have other guys that are going into their last year of their contract.

We missed our chance at a higher pick. We could still trade him, but unsure due to some teams higher up needing QB in a weak class.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
What teams will need a QB?

Maybe the Jets but they hack Hackenberg who they just drafted.
The Browns perennially do.
The Bears will likely move on from Cutler.
I doubt the Jaguars decide to move on from Bortles this quickly. Same with the Texans on Osweiler.
The 49ers might depending on how they view CK.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 04:46 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We missed our chance to trade him. His value is down and will be WAY down next season.

Here's some QBs next season that are going to be on the trading block or free agents:
Kirk Cousins
Tony Romo
Sam Bradford
Jay Cutler
Jimmy Garropolo

They all have higher trade value than McCarron. Plus, you have other guys that are going into their last year of their contract.

We missed our chance at a higher pick. We could still trade him, but unsure due to some teams higher up needing QB in a weak class.

Kirk cousins is staying put in DC
Romo has a bad back 
Sam Bradford might be staying 
Cutler will be a backup 
And Jimmy G is probably staying put as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 05:47 PM)J24 Wrote: Kirk cousins is staying put in DC
Romo has a bad back 
Sam Bradford might be staying 
Cutler will be a backup 
And Jimmy G is probably staying put as well.

Throw in CK as well.

As a head coach and you see all those guys as back ups, including McCarron, who do you trade for?

I'll take out Cousins.

So you have Romo, Bradford, Cutler, Jimmy G, Kaepernick, and McCarron. All back ups. Which do you take? Because all are very likely on the trading block in 2017.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 05:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What teams will need a QB?

Maybe the Jets but they hack Hackenberg who they just drafted.
The Browns perennially do.
The Bears will likely move on from Cutler.
I doubt the Jaguars decide to move on from Bortles this quickly. Same with the Texans on Osweiler.
The 49ers might depending on how they view CK.

Bills, Jets, Niners, Cardnals,Texans, Bears, Broncos,and Browns.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 05:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Throw in CK as well.

As a head coach and you see all those guys as back ups, including McCarron, who do you trade for?

I'll take out Cousins.

So you have Romo, Bradford, Cutler, Jimmy G, Kaepernick, and McCarron. All back ups. Which do you take? Because all are very likely on the trading block in 2017.

I am touching CK, Romo has a bad back no way I touch him unless I am in Superbowl or bust mode, Cutler maybe but then again he has a lot of issues, Bradford I would take  but again doubt he would be available , Jimmy G I would take but I think there trading Brady(Which makes him #1 on the Qb list). If I were a coach/GM I wouldn't be that keen on any of them but then again I am not a GM. Why I think AJ would be very Valuable to teams is 1.) He's only 27, 2)Has a cheap contract , and 3.) Is a somewhat talented Qb who has played well in both preseason and regular season when given the chance. Also factor in a bad QB draft class, a not so impressive free agent class, and franchises do stupid stuff for Qbs then there is a chance we hit a home run with a trade.
J24

Reply/Quote