Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im still convinced on Lazor
the following numbers are the Bengals point total at the end of the 1st and 2nd halves
Ive omitted the defensives TDs ( 4 thru 8 games)

Colts. 10. 17
Ravens  28. 6

Panthers 14. 7
Falcons  28. 9

Dolphins 0. 10
Steelers. 14. 7

Cheifs 7. 3
Bucs. 27. 10

those numbers tell me while Lazor can put together a 1st half gameplan.
however in the 2nd half Lazor is having issues adjusting to the adjustments made on him.
the Bengals offense is averaging only 8.5 pts after half time.
thats not going to get it done when now defenses are starting to gel and get cohesive.

Lazor playing calling in the 2nd half is borderline conservative at times.
I could be wrong. but when the pt average is less than 10 in the 2nd half,its cause for concern.
he likes to run screens but rarely have i seen him run counters or misdirections.
hes not one run any flea flickers or gadgetry from time to.time.
his wheel.route to Franks was refreshing but for some reason he never went back to Franks after that opening play.
I get he is without Bernard Eifert Ross.
but the trend is showing hes getting out schemed in the 2nd half.
your teams that can score  even their 4th WRs are getting  30 40 50 yds in receiving
he better start learning how to make it happen in the 2nd half.
he doesnt even go up.tempo in the 2nd half
Reply/Quote
I feel like when we have a lead he slows our pace and calls plays differently and that hasnt done well for us at all. We score points late in the game by playing faster it seems, and also using the pass to setup the run instead of vise versa. It seems to me like our O does better doing it that way. Playing to chew up clock doesnt fit us well. Maybe its because our OL cant really dominate. Imagine how good we would be with a really good OL. It would be scary.
Reply/Quote
The offense only scored 3 in the 2nd half today
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
i meant to.say IM NOT CONVINCED
Reply/Quote
Seeing as this has happened under four OCs and two different starting QBs the only common element is Marvin. I have to think he tells the OC not to go uptempo when they come out of halftime with a lead because they always come out slower paced and try to play ball control offense. And we don't have the OL to do that yet.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Marvin ever asks himself
"how can I be a better coach?"
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:32 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I wonder if Marvin ever asks himself
"how can I be a better coach?"

Then he tells himself "I just have to coach better" *claps* "Let's go!"
Reply/Quote
If we make the playoffs it will be a nightmare if we keep this pace since its very likely the other team will make a 2nd half comeback and win and be the darling of the NFL and nation. DID YOU SEE THAT COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? type of scenario.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: Seeing as this has happened under four OCs and two different starting QBs the only common element is Marvin. I have to think he tells the OC not to go uptempo when they come out of halftime with a lead because they always come out slower paced and try to play ball control offense. And we don't have the OL to do that yet.

Well said. When it's gone on for like 16 years now you look at the common link.

I'm not 100% on Lazor, but I think he's done a decent job at getting around the fact that they have an a terrible OL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Terrible O- line plus know one outside of AJ can go deep on a consistent basis hurts mor than Anything else.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:36 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Then he tells himself "I just have to coach better" *claps* "Let's go!"

Marvin pre-game:

[Image: stuartsmalley.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:13 PM)impactplaya Wrote: i meant to.say IM NOT CONVINCED

You do realize you can change the name of the title don't you?

As to the subject: I think we're OK. Losing Eifert and Gio has hurt
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: Seeing as this has happened under four OCs and two different starting QBs the only common element is Marvin. I have to think he tells the OC not to go uptempo when they come out of halftime with a lead because they always come out slower paced and try to play ball control offense. And we don't have the OL to do that yet.

Agree, not a Marvin hater like many. But he likes to try and milk that clock in 2nd half if he gets any kind of lead instead of going for the kill. 

Plus OL is just horrid. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize you can change the name of the title don't you?

As to the subject: I think we're OK. Losing Eifert and Gio has hurt

Think we are ok as well with all the injuries we have had. 

5-3 and should be 6-2 if not for handing the steelers a game and are far from playing our best. 

Need to get healthy on this bye week somehow as to finish off the second half of this brutal schedule and get in playoffs. . 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 11:42 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Terrible O- line plus know one outside of AJ can go deep on a consistent basis hurts mor than Anything else.

Lazor has done a good Job with what he has had.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
As it has been pointed out, Marvin Lewis is the same factor after all these years. He is the same man who said halftime adjustments are something made up by the media.
Reply/Quote
Miami fans complained Bill never took his foot off the gas, causing them to take chances that led to losses. Other than the Chiefs game we are generating enough offense that I find it hard to criticize him. Yes there is an argument to be made that with less time of possession he is making it harder on the defense but regardless, the defense is supposed to be better than this. That is where I'll focus my attention. Fix that and if we still don't struggle in some games we can talk about fixing other stuff.

Reply/Quote

Others have agreed and I'll add we don't have the D to play this style, either. Marv is just not a good ingame coach He's good strategically, but not in the heat of the moment. Im not hating, Im the same way...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
2nd and 12, 2nd and 10, 2nd and 14 on first 3 drives….. got to win on 1st down to move ball. I don't want to look up all the other post half-time, but think when we fail or lose yards on first down, we've stalled.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Our running game is our major problem in my opinion. The OL does not run block well for a Mixon style, he likes to wait to find holes and our OL simply can't maintain blocks. The OL also struggles in pass protection. The root of the issue is the OL, hopefully we get Price back soon (and he helps) and also Boling injury is not serious.

The defense has many holes, but a better run game would help ball control and keep them off the field.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote