Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im still convinced on Lazor
(10-28-2018, 10:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: Seeing as this has happened under four OCs and two different starting QBs the only common element is Marvin. I have to think he tells the OC not to go uptempo when they come out of halftime with a lead because they always come out slower paced and try to play ball control offense. And we don't have the OL to do that yet.

Yes, i was hoping it would be different with Lazor and he would have complete control of his unit, but once again it seems
Marv is sticking his nose where it shouldn't be. In the Offense where he knows nothing about how to call plays.

Marv is a Defensive coach, let him stay there. Lets fire Austin and have Marv just call the Defense eh?

Would keep him out of the Offense if he had too much to think about on D. Don't know if he would do it though.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:42 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree, not a Marvin hater like many. But he likes to try and milk that clock in 2nd half if he gets any kind of lead instead of going for the kill. 

Plus OL is just horrid. 

That's been one of the biggest problems of the Merv era.

(10-29-2018, 09:09 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Miami fans complained Bill never took his foot off the gas, causing them to take chances that led to losses. Other than the Chiefs game we are generating enough offense that I find it hard to criticize him. Yes there is an argument to be made that with less time of possession he is making it harder on the defense but regardless, the defense is supposed to be better than this. That is where I'll focus my attention. Fix that and if we still don't struggle in some games we can talk about fixing other stuff.

You could also make an argument that the defense isn't getting off the field quickly, allowing 1st downs and long drives, increasing the T.O.P. discrepancy and giving the offense fewer possessions. Keep in mind that our defense ranks dead last in 3rd down %.

The biggest stat of all is that our defense is also dead last in plays per drive (6.7) while our offense ranks 13th in the same stat. Kinda proves that the defense is more to blame for our time of possession problem.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote