Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im tired...
(09-21-2017, 10:58 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So far it's been a 26 year ride...

I'm 26 years old imagine how my life's been as a bengals fan
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 10:43 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm waiting to see what happens this offseason. If, as I suspect, Brown half-asses the coaching search by re-hiring Lewis or replacing him with Guenther, then I'm done with this team.

I'd agree with this.

Also if Dalton continues to play like crap, we need to finally replace him. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 10:58 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So far it's been a 26 year ride...

50... It's been 50 years. The Bengals weren't world beaters before 1991 either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 04:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: LA's attendance is proving that fans aren't stupid. They aren't going to get excited just to have a team of their own (especially when they can be moved at will), and they realize when a team is crap and will likely remain crap. The Chargers and Rams have a combined 1 championship in 92 total seasons since the merger.

People have entertainment options in LA. On top of that, it's a fickle city. There is no Glitz on either of those teams. When one of them starts winning, people will start showing up. Until then they are little more than a novelty. The Lakers and Dodgers are the only constants there.

Plop either of those teams in Salt Lake City, and they'd do fine.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 06:26 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: I'm 26 years old imagine how my life's been as a bengals fan

Wait a  minute...you're the curse?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 08:27 AM)jason Wrote: People have entertainment options in LA. On top of that, it's a fickle city. There is no Glitz on either of those teams. When one of them starts winning, people will start showing up. Until then they are little more than a novelty. The Lakers and Dodgers are the only constants there.

Plop either of those teams in Salt Lake City, and they'd do fine.

Yeah the Rams did fine in St Louis for a few years (while they were winning). Then suddenly they didn't (while they were losing).

St Louis is a fantastic sports town with passionate fans, but they aren't dumb. The Rams are a loser franchise and everyone recognized that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I was a fan for nearly 20 years before "Mikey" took the reins. I'm not gonna stop being a Bengals fan. But I'm also quite sure I will not sign up for another season of the ML/PA show.
Reply/Quote
I would like a coach who does'nt stand  on the sidelines and just claps his hands and says "Lets Go,Lets Go" I want a coach who isn't  afraid to get in the players faces and bench the player if he screws up. Right now, my feeling is,we don't have that coach. Somehow our team doesn't seem to get the big picture on winning .
This team is getting complacent and just kinda playin middle of the road football! This is just me talking and I don't know what the answer is!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 04:11 PM)McC Wrote: The thread title immediately made me think of this.  Don't know how to post it directly, so I'll just post the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uai7M4RpoLU

as long as all of you keep showing up at the stadium,nothing will change.again this organization will maybe win 7-8 games.most of these dudes on both lines would not start for anybody else in nfl,I know there are exceptions,like 97.COACHING is one of the biggest problems,and if marvin has not figures it out after 15 years he is the problem,and mikey will hire from within which is another huge problem.Jim HASSlet will probably get the nod and he is not the answer.need new blood everywhere.will not happen.believe me this is going to be another long long season of LOSING.AND players are once again wanting to get the hell out of dodge.So much wasted talent,its just insane.Think of this folks,50 years of losing and guess what,we are honoring a bunch of losers every home game,now that is insanity.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 03:15 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: as long as all of you keep showing up at the stadium,nothing will change.again this organization will maybe win 7-8 games.most of these dudes on both lines would not start for anybody else in nfl,I know there are exceptions,like 97.COACHING is one of the biggest problems,and if marvin has not figures it out after 15 years he is the problem,and mikey will hire from within which is another huge problem.Jim HASSlet will probably get the nod and he is not the answer.need new blood everywhere.will not happen.believe me this is going to be another long long season of LOSING.AND players are once again wanting to get the hell out of dodge.So much wasted talent,its just insane.Think of this folks,50 years of losing and guess what,we are honoring a bunch of losers every home game,now that is insanity.

Coaching is clearly a problem, but I could not tell you exactly how or why.  Too much goes on behind the scenes to really assess things with total accuracy.

But if you look back over time you see that coaches like Paul Brown, Bill Walsh, Forrest Gregg, Hank Bullough, Sam Wyche, Mike Zimmer and Hue Jackson (though I still have reservations) have made a significant impact on this team.  And to a degree you have to include Marvin Lewis in that group.   You have to be doing something right to have taken a loser team and taken us to the playoffs 5 times

But there is always a ceiling and always a shelf life.   I believe Marvin has reached both of these.  

I don't know about Guenther, because from the outside in it always has seemed that Marvin meddles in the coaches' business too much (I mean I know he IS the head coach, but you have to know not to meddle).   I think he's demonstrated that he's willing to meddle with Guenther. 

He did not do that with Zimmer

So I wouldn't be distraught if they promoted Guenther.   But I will be angry if they keep Alexander.   I have no doubt but that he has really good qualities as an OL coach.  He's just had too much success.  But he has been messing up badly really since Whit, Zeitler and Boling.

And I don't know if letting Whit and Zeitler was a joint decision or the owner's.   But if you're in win now mode it was a colossally bad decision to let both of those guys go.   Really the only wise decision for win now was to keep both and develop Fisher and Og as a backup.

We are not going to have a decisive change in direction until Mr. Brown passes away or is just incapable of performing his job.

But I believe that his daughter is more flexible a thinker than he is, and I believe she has his ear. 

Here's hoping that there are changes on the horizon - regardless of the record.   And I think there will be because I have a hard time believing that we can get out of the situation we're in.   I would be shocked if we are a .500 team this  year.   if not we'll have some fun along the way.  If so we should have some changes to look forward to.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, it seemed like just yesterday when the Bengals sent goons to my house and told me that if I don't keep the Bengals faith they would slaughter my family in front of me. I've been loyal ever since.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 03:15 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: as long as all of you keep showing up at the stadium,nothing will change.again this organization will maybe win 7-8 games.most of these dudes on both lines would not start for anybody else in nfl,I know there are exceptions,like 97.COACHING is one of the biggest problems,and if marvin has not figures it out after 15 years he is the problem,and mikey will hire from within which is another huge problem.Jim HASSlet will probably get the nod and he is not the answer.need new blood everywhere.will not happen.believe me this is going to be another long long season of LOSING.AND players are once again wanting to get the hell out of dodge.So much wasted talent,its just insane.Think of this folks,50 years of losing and guess what,we are honoring a bunch of losers every home game,now that is insanity.

Damn buddy. You used to be as rah rah as could be. The negativity is suffocating the fanbase as well as the players.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I have been a Bengal since the mid 70's, if i had a nickel for every time i was frustrated over this team i would buy it and fix it myself. It takes a whole lot of patience to be a Bengals fan, it also takes a whole lot of patience not to choke the sh*t out of band-wagon Steelers fan after another horrible season. But at the end of the day, no matter what happens, no matter who the coaches are, players, etc., we always come back next season. So, this is looking like it's probably going to be another bad season and i look forward to collecting more frustration nickels and waiting for the next draft. Maybe, just maybe one day again we will make it to another championship game, and who knows.... maybe actually win one.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 03:47 AM)The_WiseOne Wrote: Now you must be young because I have been a Bengals fan all my life since 1968!!
I'm not going to be able to see my team win a championship just like my dad didn't get to see one he died in 2001.
 You saying that just made me sick !! 
I WANT A FVCKING CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE I DIE !!!!!!!!!!!
This owner named Mike Brown has made my football life so miserable !
Everytime we get close to a championship team they start letting our good players leave in FA.
It's really simple to keep your good players you don't let them even get to FA and if they get there you have tags to keep them here!!!
While keeping coaches that are way past there time three rebuilds is enough and now we have to start for the fourth time in the M. Lewis era .
 Alexander is another one way past his time this is his hand picked offensive line and they svck!!
On run blocking their way to high haven't seen any of them be the low man they should be aiming for the waist of the defensive lineman but everytime you see them up around the shoulder pads guess they never heard of low man wins!!!
Well I'm done venting !!! I guess I'm getting sick of the shit too!!!!

I want change I want a head coach with fire in him not one that giggles!!!

it's not personal.....
it's business....

sometimes vets have to walk & rooks need to step up....
sh*t happens.....I am not going to have a heart attack over it or rip Mike Browns azz...or Marvin's....do I agree w/ everything...no....
but in general they probably know more than either of us, as they're w/ the team a lot more than us....
I want a championship too....but I also want to go back in time & make out w/ a 18 yr old Jenny McCarthy, then hit a big lotto.....but whatever....
point is relax bro & enjoy what we have....a pro team....
rant over....haha
ps. I am 60 yrs young Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 09:37 AM)McC Wrote: Wait a  minute...you're the curse?

The thoughts definitely already been in my head a few times I thought it was over against Pitt January 2016 but Jeremy hill fumbled and it continued
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote

What?  You got all this from a video of a Mel Brooks movie?  It's my fault?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 06:23 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: The oline is trash.  We knew it and did nothing.  This season was done before it started.  I'm so effing tired of the same half ass bullshit.  Then add to that the blatant NFL preference for teams that have a national following, I'm about to tap out.  Why should one second of my life be wasted on this bullshit?  Cuz I'm a fan, a fanatic as they say?....I was once.  This team and the whole league is so different from what I love, so awful imo....the whole bit can just **** rt off.

Just laugh. Better than getting all upset. The Bengals can help you if you are in a suicide pool - just pick the teams playing against them.

There will be a time when the management and coaching staff will be gutted. And only when that happens there will be hope.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote