Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ima say this and it is what it is
I don’t like Carmen not practicing at if his elbow isn’t drastically hurt….

You are being gifted the opportunity to be the pencilled in starter based off NOTHING but your draft status. And you tweak your elbow a little bit and you have the nerve to take a practice off and allow Volston to get YOUR 1st team reps?

Carmen is looking to me like he doesn’t really care about working for his spot.

I don’t know him, idk how hurt his elbow is but I’m sorry.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 10:42 AM)Housh Wrote: I don’t like Carmen not practicing at if his elbow isn’t drastically hurt….

You are being gifted the opportunity to be the pencilled in starter based off NOTHING but your draft status. And you tweak your elbow a little bit and you have the nerve to take a practice off and allow Volston to get YOUR 1st team reps?

Carmen is looking to me like he doesn’t really care about working for his spot.

I don’t know him, idk how hurt his elbow is but I’m sorry.

Here's the thing with Carman.
There's only one starting spot available for him.
All the other spots are taken by proven vets who cost (a lot) more money than Carman over the next 2-3 years.
If he ends up losing LG to someone else, he's probably never getting a true starting role in CIN again (aside from possibly injury).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
for players not named Joe Burrow post appendectomy, the decision to practice due to injury generally rides with the trainers not the player, especially in preseason. I know he needs the reps but why risk further injury at this point of the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Carman has done nothing in his career so far for me to think he isn't a turd.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It’s the trainers decision, but I’m not thrilled with Carman right now.

Cordell Volson played better than Carman did. So he deserves the reps and starts as of today
Reply/Quote
Our O/L gave the Rams a SB ring. If that isn't important enough for him to give his all? F him! Mad 

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:20 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Our O/L gave the Rams a SB ring. If that isn't important enough for him to give his all? F him! Mad 

But, but this is the guy that dOmInAtEd Chase Young, remember??  C'mon, show some love for the hometown guy..  

He'll get it together and be a perennial Pro-Bowler, just you wait and see!  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Jackson Carman had some good games last year. Yes he was awful preseason week one but he needs to get back into the lineup and play the last 2 pre-season games.

Still a competition is warranted D'Ante Smith and Cordell Volson...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:20 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Our O/L gave the Rams a SB ring. If that isn't important enough for him to give his all? F him! Mad 

(08-15-2022, 11:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But, but this is the guy that dOmInAtEd Chase Young, remember??  C'mon, show some love for the hometown guy..  

He'll get it together and be a perennial Pro-Bowler, just you wait and see!  Ninja

Decision not to practice was trainers', not Carman.

What I see here is they guys who already didn't like Carman taking a premature victory lap.  Reminds me of the Sewell fans when Chase had so many drops in preseason last year
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 10:46 AM)pally Wrote: the decision to practice due to injury generally rides with the trainers not the player

(08-15-2022, 11:17 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: It’s the trainers decision

Are we choosing to believe that an NFL player can't convince a trainer that a little soreness isn't a problem if he really wanted to? If a guy really wants to be on the field, barring a cognition-hindering concussion or a overtly broken bone, he can get onto the field. 

If he's only going to miss a couple days anyway, I am also a bit surprised that he's allowing his chief competition to take his snaps to try to steal his starting spot after he himself put up bad film.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:52 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Are we choosing to believe that an NFL player can't convince a trainer that a little soreness isn't a problem if he really wanted to? If a guy really wants to be on the field, barring a cognition-hindering concussion or a overtly broken bone, he can get onto the field. 

Can't go down that road because fan favorites also miss practice sometimes.

So you end up just picking your favorites when choosing which guys are really injured and which guys are faking.
Reply/Quote
I doubt that Carman is 1 or 2 practices away from turning the corner if he's getting beat by 3rd stringers.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:52 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Are we choosing to believe that an NFL player can't convince a trainer that a little soreness isn't a problem if he really wanted to? If a guy really wants to be on the field, barring a cognition-hindering concussion or a overtly broken bone, he can get onto the field. 

If he's only going to miss a couple days anyway, I am also a bit surprised that he's allowing his chief competition to take his snaps to try to steal his starting spot after he himself put up bad film.

I’m not there, but I can’t imagine a player who’s supposed to be a starter week 1 letting someone else take your reps over a little soreness in an elbow. You start to wonder about a guy with all that talent but doesn’t have the drive to really want it.
Reply/Quote
As has been said before, it’s a trainer decision. I don’t think he’s a good lineman or has shown he’s capable of being the guy this year but not practicing with an elbow injury isn’t something to get after the guy for.
Reply/Quote
This pretty much solidifies Volson as the week 1 starter. Carman blew it on friday, and now there’s this setback with the elbow

Bengals gotta grab somebody off FA
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Decision not to practice was trainers', not Carman.

What I see here is they guys who already didn't like Carman taking a premature victory lap.  Reminds me of the Sewell fans when Chase had so many drops in preseason last year

Your way off base. I've had hopes for Carman and still do and was happy when we drafted him. In the context of this thread though, if he is not giving his all? F him!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I doubt that Carman is 1 or 2 practices away from turning the corner if he's getting beat by 3rd stringers.

Yep. Possibly looking like we may have to polish the turnstile memes and get them ready for the season.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Can't go down that road because fan favorites also miss practice sometimes.

So you end up just picking your favorites when choosing which guys are really injured and which guys are faking.

Except how many of those fan favorites are in danger of losing their job to their backups due to poor performance?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 12:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except how many of those fan favorites are in danger of losing their job to their backups due to poor performance?

Thanks for proving my point.

Every star player that misses practice time is justified.

But if a player that is struggling with his game misses practice it is because he is a lazy POS who just does not care.
Reply/Quote

No disrespect but not sure you or anyone else really has any idea how things actually work in a professional sports organization. On the contrary, they're going to actually take far more precaution whatever the issue actually is with JC because it is just a week plus and one game into a preseason. Last thing they want/need is the injury (or boo boo as many of call it) to get worse. A couple days off is what they're banking on here.
Reply/Quote