Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image hosting
I don't post a lot of photos here, but I just attempted to post a photo here from photobucket and was informed that I have to pay $8 per month for hosting through photobucket. That seems way too high.

How else can I post images from my phone/computer without paying a fee like that?

If I remember correctly most places where I have posted photos recently (ebay, graigslist) don't require that they come from a host site, but I honestly am a bit tech ignorant on this issue.

All I know is that I should not have to pay $100 per year just to post photos on the internet.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 04:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't post a lot of photos here, but I just attempted to post a photo here from photobucket and was informed that I have to pay $8 per month for hosting through photobucket.  That seems way too high.

How else can I post images from my phone/computer without paying a fee like that?

If I remember correctly most places where I have posted photos recently (ebay, graigslist) don't require that they come from a host site, but I honestly am a bit tech ignorant on this issue.

All I know is that I should not have to pay $100 per year just to post photos on the internet.

imgur.com is the best image host out there and completely free to use.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 04:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: imgur.com is the best image host out there and completely free to use.

Thanks

Rep
Reply/Quote
I use flickr.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 04:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: imgur.com is the best image host out there and completely free to use.

Yeah I use imgur now.

It's a shame cause a lot of my sigs people have made me over the years were hosted on Photobucket. Sad
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
You can also use the "new attachment" tool, in the attachments box, directly below the your post window. This allows you to add photos directly from your phone or computer files. Note, it is two step. After selecting your attachment, you also have to look on the right side of the attachments box and select "add attachment".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I use my own website which is little more than a few silly stories I tell I doubt anyone here would be interested in, but i do have an image storage area complete with links for each image.. I had considered making it available to the board, but the bandwidth fees for me would suddenly go through the roof. Perhaps this board could open a section for board related image hosting since many of us pay to use the board anyway as long as they're just board related subject matter. There are plenty of php image hosting scripts available I'm sure one of the website geniuses could figure out how to install. it's nothing to pw protect each account (and make em available by request ONLY) and make them so only board members can use it and restrict hot linking while you're at it.. Just my idea..

See how easy this is? POOF!  Note my pristine perfectly clean driveway in the background?
[Image: 20200613_132248-scaled.jpg]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote