Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Imagine if we could get announcers who actually know our team?
(12-18-2022, 11:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hilarious. Bengals beat Brady, and Romo was still gushing over the first half Bucs’ offense

CBS was assuming they make the PO's and asking IF they beat Dallas. The question should be IF they even make it. 

At AZ, Carolina, at ATL ain't exactly a tough schedule. But 2 are on the road, and they have a 1 game lead over 3 teams. One of them could certainly win 2 of 3. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No excitement whatsoever for Bengals plays. At least it didn’t seem that way.

I used to like Romo but he's been absolutely horrible this year. 

That said, watching it live I thought that was an incomplete pass as well and didn't get super excited until after the replay. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:02 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Romo always does this.  He rides a team or player's jock no matter what.  He'll ride that crap into oblivion. No conceding even in obvious failure.

When Evan made the FG in the AFCCG in OT he did finally concede the Bengals were going to the Super Bowl.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:36 AM)TheFan Wrote: I used to like Romo but he's been absolutely horrible this year. 

That said, watching it live I thought that was an incomplete pass as well and didn't get super excited until after the replay. 

Same here, from that first angle it does look like it hit the ground, so it didn't bother me that they said it did. Thankfully the replay showed it was actually an insane catch by Pratt. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
I tune Romo out for the very reason this thread exists, but at one point I thought he was talking about Zac Taylor as if Zac has only coached the team two seasons. I'm hoping I didn't hear, "The last two seasons..." or something similar because that would be bad prep work by Romo.
Reply/Quote
I like listening to Romo during the games. Just not Bengals games.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:43 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote:
This one stuck out a bit

And the lousy analysis of this play went on for some time, as the announcers expressed surprise that Brady was leaving the field. 

They didn't point out all the holding of Chase. As several pointed out, they were still praising the Bucs offensive play design after they'd lost. The announcers went to an injury time out when CTB went down, and when Bengals fans waited with bated breath to find out CTB's status, when the game came back from commercial it was completely ignored. You had to be a Bengals fan to figure out who was playing CB after CTB went out.

Hey, but thank goodness Irwin was a child actor or the Bengals might have been ignored.
Reply/Quote