Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imagine you are Cam Taylor-Britt or Dax
And you are thrown day 1 in training camp and you now have to guard Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Hurst.

Jesus Christ they must be having a fun camp. Because knowing Bell, and Hilton, they aren’t cutting these kids much slack on picking up the coverages. They’ve been Bengals for months now i hope they were asking about that playbook.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 08:11 PM)Housh Wrote: And you are thrown day 1 in training camp and you now have to guard Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Hurst.

Jesus Christ they must be having a fun camp. Because knowing Bell, and Hilton, they aren’t cutting these kids much slack on picking up the coverages. They’ve been Bengals for months now i hope they were asking about that playbook.

Going against the best everyday in practice, makes the games easier.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
Reply/Quote
CTB is definitely not lacking confidence. He’s already said he can’t wait to pick off Joe and hand him the ball lol.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 10:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

Does this belong in Politics/Religion? :)
Reply/Quote
It's a situation where it can make or break some guys.  Hold them in check and your future looks bright. If they blow right by them it's another story entirely.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
To beat the best you have to go against the best. So they've got a leg up in that area.
Reply/Quote
That's why I was excited about our draft. We have an excellent young QB and WRs and drafted some top notch athletic ability DBs to learn the NFL ropes practicing against those talented offensive players. Recipe for success if their minds are in the right place imo.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 10:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

You left out the John Facenda voice!
Reply/Quote
couldn't be any worse than Chase getting more space from Apple than the hubble or Webb telescopes.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 09:33 PM)basballguy Wrote: couldn't be any worse than Chase getting more space from Apple than the hubble or Webb telescopes.

Tbf it’s Ja’Marr Chase. He’s made some of the best CB’s in the league (Humphrey, Ramsey, etc) look silly.

Reply/Quote
I thought this was going to be a thread about practicing hard knowing you might get benched when Bates comes back!

Like people said, practicing against the best only makes people better and it makes good players take their game to another level!

When they get to play against other NFL receivers, they'll think that they're easy to guard since they played against tougher competition in practice!
Reply/Quote