Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Immigrants as scapegoats
(01-03-2019, 10:21 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So when the majority blames the 1%ers for all their ills, is that the same thing?  Ninja

When any group blames another there needs to be some proof.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-02-2019, 07:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't say it was unexpected

Then what were your intentions when you made comments that flew in the face of the OP nd knew what the result would be?
(01-03-2019, 10:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then what were your intentions when you made comments that flew in the face of the OP nd knew what the result would be?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c2e197d41776552735f8e78]
(01-03-2019, 01:44 AM)Dill Wrote: Er, which paradigms?

The paradigms of the white male outwardly claiming scapegoats; while inwardly realizing; he has no one to blame but himself for their failure(s). As the only one(s) that are telling them they have someone else to blame is their own population. Every other population has member(s0 from an outside population stating someone else is holding them down.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-03-2019, 10:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then what were your intentions when you made comments that flew in the face of the OP nd knew what the result would be?

Nope, when I saw your username I knew what the result would be. #whiteprivelege.

(01-03-2019, 11:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c2e197d41776552735f8e78]

(01-03-2019, 12:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, when I saw your username I knew what the result would be. #whiteprivelege.

See?

(01-03-2019, 12:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: See?

Desi Arnaz represents #whiteprivelage?  Mellow
(01-03-2019, 12:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Desi Arnaz represents #whiteprivelage?  Mellow

Nah, it's more about knowing what to expect when you see the username.

(01-03-2019, 12:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, it's more about knowing what to expect when you see the username.

You expected to make judgements and then make false associations?
(01-03-2019, 12:36 AM)Dill Wrote: I don't think "both sides" keep us divided or benefit from division. 

What is your view on universal human rights? 

Should these be respected by US law or replaced by some version of "national" rights?

You don't think they do? If Repubilicans tried to change something that helps people in poverty, the Democrats will say it's a bad thing and slander it to death. Same if positions are reversed. Neither wants the other doing good things to their voting base.

We are not leaders anymore in much of anything, education, health etc.

The politicians have the ability to make changes to the US and raise the standards here and in turn we can lead by example so other countries will strive to match us.

Face the facts, we can't control other nations. We have tried and tried and it backfires more often than not because WE HALF-ASS IT, we simply do not follow thru because we had no plan to begin with and politicians always change their minds every voting cycle.  
So we need to find a way thru trade etc to boost the economies of people that are making progress with their own nations human rights and those that continue to violate them, well blacklist them.
(01-03-2019, 12:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, when I saw your username I knew what the result would be. #whiteprivelege.

I ask what your intentions were when you made the post, not later when you saw my reply.  But I fully understand why you knew I would point out the flaw in your argument.
(01-03-2019, 03:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You don't think they do? If Repubilicans tried to change something that helps people in poverty, the Democrats will say it's a bad thing and slander it to death. Same if positions are reversed. Neither wants the other doing good things to their voting base.

I guess we'll never know about that one..... Mellow
(01-03-2019, 03:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess we'll never know about that one..... Mellow

C'mon, you know all about the massive tax cuts for corporations and wealthy individuals.  Democrats strongly opposed that plan to help the poor.
What I think BFine is saying is that when something happens to whitey, he only has himself to blame but when a minority has something happen, it's whiteys fault. That's why the #whiteprivilage tag is put in.

Its not immigrants who are scapegoats though, it's illegal immigrants that are blamed for whiteys problems.

Now, I bet someone will come in and say something stupid like, "You mean brown illegal immigrants"
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Wait. I thought whitey said brownie was doing a heck of a job
(01-03-2019, 03:26 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: What I think BFine is saying is that when something happens to whitey, he only has himself to blame but when a minority has something happen, it's whiteys fault. That's why the #whiteprivilage tag is put in.

Its not immigrants who are scapegoats though, it's illegal immigrants that are blamed for whiteys problems.

Now, I bet someone will come in and say something stupid like, "You mean brown illegal immigrants"

I think you might want to check on the attacks on legal immigration that have been called for, and put in place, in the last two years. And I'm not just talking about the anti-refugee movements that are being disguised as anti-illegal immigration.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
[Image: 49315675_2941708102506815_87225525735312...e=5C8DD212]
(01-03-2019, 03:26 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: What I think BFine is saying is that when something happens to whitey, he only has himself to blame but when a minority has something happen, it's whiteys fault. That's why the #whiteprivilage tag is put in.

Pretty much. The cognitive dissonance often felt when the white male is a failure (in his mind) and the rest of the population are saying "you are privileged'. At best he's going to dismiss it, often he's going to rebel against it, and at worst he's going to accept it as fact and often encounters feelings of "It's all my fault". 

(01-03-2019, 03:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think you might want to check on the attacks on legal immigration that have been called for, and put in place, in the last two years. And I'm not just talking about the anti-refugee movements that are being disguised as anti-illegal immigration.

And you might want to check on the suicide rate for white males; which is all the other points in that post you chose not to address.

No other population tells whitey he's a victim of another group. Every other group gets told that (often the white male) another population is to blame for them not achieving their full potential 

(01-03-2019, 04:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty much. The cognitive dissonance often felt when the white male is a failure (in his mind) and the rest of the population are saying "you are privileged'. At best he's going to dismiss it, often he's going to rebel against it, and at worst he's going to accept it as fact and often encounters feelings of "It's all my fault". 

And you might want to check on the suicide rate for white males; which is all the other points in that post you chose not to address.

No other population tells whitey he's a victim of another group. Every other group gets told that (often the white male) another population is to blame for them not achieving their full potential 

Would it not be more accurate to say minority populations have been held back by those in power...which, in this country, tends to me white people?

I'm not talking yesterday but over the course of the history of the US.

Whereas white people tend to not have to face that restriction from the get-go.  

Meanwhile white people, who hold the vast majority of "power" in the US blame minorities for all problems like crime, drugs, etc.
(01-03-2019, 03:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think you might want to check on the attacks on legal immigration that have been called for, and put in place, in the last two years. And I'm not just talking about the anti-refugee movements that are being disguised as anti-illegal immigration.

Examples?
I want to see what you call an attack on "legal immigration"