Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immigration Reform
How about this, would this work?

If you are a business, company, corporation, homeowner, whatever and you hire an illegal immigrant, you lose your business, to be sold to the highest bidder, have to pay a fine that is the equivalent of 75% of you companies Net Worth and you as owner or CEO or whoever runs the place will automatically recieve a five year prison sentence.

If you take away the jobs, then maybe those here will go back home and come to this country the legal way and those trying to illegally come here will think twice about it.

Then there will be the criminal element that comes here illegally but I don't think there are that many. If they are arrested for criminal activity, they automatically recieve a 25 year sentenced added onto whatever sentence they recieve for the crime committed.

You have to make the punishment so severe that no one even wants to take that chance.

Ok, now that you've read this, rather than say "THAT'S STUPID" or whatever if you don't agree with it, how about you say "That would never work and here's why" then tell us what you think should be done.
(03-10-2016, 12:02 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: How about this, would this work?

If you are a business, company, corporation, homeowner, whatever and you hire an illegal immigrant, you lose your business, to be sold to the highest bidder, have to pay a fine that is the equivalent of 75% of you companies Net Worth and you as owner or CEO or whoever runs the place will automatically recieve a five year prison sentence.

If you take away the jobs, then maybe those here will go back home and come to this country the legal way and those trying to illegally come here will think twice about it.

Then there will be the criminal element that comes here illegally but I don't think there are that many. If they are arrested for criminal activity, they automatically recieve a 25 year sentenced added onto whatever sentence they recieve for the crime committed.

You have to make the punishment so severe that no one even wants to take that chance.

Ok, now that you've read this, rather than say "THAT'S STUPID" or whatever if you don't agree with it, how about you say "That would never work and here's why" then tell us what you think should be done.

A bit harsh don't you think?
(03-10-2016, 12:14 AM)Vlad Wrote: A bit harsh don't you think?

Meh, if illegals are half as bad as Trump says they are then people who hire them to mow their lawns may as well be funding terrorists!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
This sounds quite authoritarian. Pass.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-10-2016, 12:14 AM)Vlad Wrote: A bit harsh don't you think?
but would have prevented
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Illegal-Mexican-murders-5-in-killing-spree

I wouldn't be in favor though, as it's too far. We've got fines in place, but the problem is we don't put any money to enforcing them. We've got laws about immigration, but don't fund enforcement.
(03-10-2016, 10:17 AM)Benton Wrote: but would have prevented
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Illegal-Mexican-murders-5-in-killing-spree

I wouldn't be in favor though, as it's too far. We've got fines in place, but the problem is we don't put any money to enforcing them. We've got laws about immigration, but don't fund enforcement.

Yup, Congress doesn't appropriate the funds for the enforcement of laws, and then complains when the Executive doesn't enforce the laws they pass.

It's a right good shit show.
(03-10-2016, 10:35 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup, Congress doesn't appropriate the funds for the enforcement of laws, and then complains when the Executive doesn't enforce the laws they pass.

It's a right good shit show.

that's what cracks me up when people run on platforms of less regulation. We've already got it. Since at least the 80s we've stopped fully funding legislation.
Yikes.... That's a harsh punishment

How about we just severely restrict borders and immigration. Especially from certain areas.
I'm fine with it, but how do you plan to stop pregnant ones?
(03-13-2016, 04:40 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'm fine with it, but how do you plan to stop pregnant ones?

lassos? They run slower, should be easy to do a drive by and hog tie.
(03-13-2016, 04:40 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'm fine with it, but how do you plan to stop pregnant ones?

We insist they may not be pregnant, and they are suspected of being implanted with explosives. 
We then require extensive testing, including x-rays. 
Ninja
(03-13-2016, 09:34 AM)Benton Wrote: lassos? They run slower, should be easy to do a drive by and hog tie.

(03-13-2016, 04:36 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: We insist they may not be pregnant, and they are suspected of being implanted with explosives. 
We then require extensive testing, including x-rays. 
Ninja

Joke all you want, but it's estimated that 400k anchor babies are born annually in the US.

Considering it costs about 15k to have a baby... that's 15k * 400k annually = 6 Billion annually in medical bills not being paid.
Now we have a national average of $12,401 per student for grades k-12. So for 13 years that 1 anchor baby will cost us: $161k * 400k = $64.485 Billion
Total costs so far to the US tax payer: $70.485 Billion
Now because their parent(s) are here illegally, they are not allowed an Income, so the babies get
Medicare
SNAP
and things I have no clue about.
Most likely their parents aren't educated, so there's that as well and what ever they do earn, they will send a portion of it back to their home country.