Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Impeachment Hearings
You know how I know Trump didn't give two shits about corruption in Ukraine? The insistence on the public announcement of an investigation.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-15-2019, 01:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You know how I know Trump didn't give two shits about corruption in Ukraine? The insistence on the public announcement of an investigation.

Not that he never mentioned corruption?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Not that he applauded and threw his support behind a corrupt Ukraine prosecutor?!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(11-15-2019, 01:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not that he never mentioned corruption?

He mentioned corruption at different points, but the whole requirement of a public announcement being a condition signals more concern over the optics.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-15-2019, 01:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He mentioned corruption at different points, but the whole requirement of a public announcement being a condition signals more concern over the optics.

In the "not a transcript" transcript?  I guess I missed it.

But I was just having fun because we all know Trump doesn't care one iota about corruption.
"if the Founding Fathers were SOOO smart why didn't they mention this?!?!?  Checkmate libs!   Ninja

(11-15-2019, 01:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: "if the Founding Fathers were SOOO smart why didn't they mention this?!?!?  Checkmate libs!   Ninja

If liberals stopped watching Fox their ratings would probably be cut in half.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-15-2019, 01:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If liberals stopped watching Fox their ratings would probably be cut in half.  

Hehe, I actually wouldn't be surprised if half of Fox's ratings were people watching them to hear all the absurd shit they say.
(11-15-2019, 01:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If liberals stopped watching Fox their ratings would probably be cut in half.  

There's a comedic effect that I admit is interesting...but luckily others watch for me so I can share without the pain. Smirk
Even Ken Starr....

Another day another bad day for DJT and the GOP who not only have no answers for what Trump said but now have to deal with him trying to intimidate a witness while she was testifying.

I'll be working on my dad jokes all weekend in preparation for the next round of public hearings.   Cool
So, as for the biggest disgrace in the history of your country... move along, slavery! Make room, indian slaughter! The most disgraceful event in the whole US history is when Adam Schiff did not allow republicans to speak when it was not their turn to speak. So says Trump, the stable genius.

Also I have to say, I don't know what to make out of impeachment, but what Trump and Republicans do is a shameful and disingenuous thing, and that they are even physically capable to do that is astonishing. First-hand witnesses are ordered to refuse a subpoena, and then they complain about hearsay from the witnesses that do appear. Then they claim that only the whistleblower's appearance can bring anything of value to the whole procedure, while everything that whistleblower said already was confirmed. And also while he is a hearsay witness himself, which they do not fail to point out even though it directly contradicts their other line of argument about how his illegal outing is necessary to proceed. They intentionally interrupt multiple times just to later complain about that many times they were called to order. And meanwhile the beloved president tweets out absurd insults against the witness. Oh, we are not here to talk about tweets, they are usually not universally liked and that's that, we're here to talk about what scandalous numbers of times we were told not to speak out of term! Then they complain how they are headed for the bunker, letting the american people in the dark about what's happening, oh scandal. But in open hearing, they claim that this is all a ridiculous show trial not worth anyone's time. They make Ukrainian election meddling a topic and undermine that with the marvellous proof that the Ukrainians really did not particularly like the candidate that wanted to hand Crimea to Russia. Gotcha, libs! Gotcha, irrelevant witness! Not to forget they claim that Adam Schiff knows the indentity of the whistleblower and pursued naked pictures of Donald Trump for reasons beyond my imagination.
I mean, I am used to much sorrow from my own politicians, but this is really a new kind of low. Do these people have no honor, no personal or intellectual pride at all.

And then the propaganda tool declares a disaster and total humiliation of the democrats for hours after hours while playing grandstanding clips like of this guy Jim Jordan. Who has nothing but a prepared rant to contribute that has nothing to do with any substantial matter at hand. Oh yeah, the dems got destroyed by that guy. For real. You better belöieve it, FOX viewer!

Bäh, that is appalling.
(11-15-2019, 05:50 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

The DEEP STATE stands united Lalala !
(11-15-2019, 06:43 PM)hollodero Wrote: So, as for the biggest disgrace in the history of your country... move along, slavery! Make room, indian slaughter! The most disgraceful event in the whole US history is when Adam Schiff did not allow republicans to speak when it was not their turn to speak. So says Trump, the stable genius.

Also I have to say, I don't know what to make out of impeachment, but what Trump and Republicans do is a shameful and disingenuous thing, and that they are even physically capable to do that is astonishing. First-hand witnesses are ordered to refuse a subpoena, and then they complain about hearsay from the witnesses that do appear. Then they claim that only the whistleblower's appearance can bring anything of value to the whole procedure, while everything that whistleblower said already was confirmed. And also while he is a hearsay witness himself, which they do not fail to point out even though it directly contradicts their other line of argument about how his illegal outing is necessary to proceed. They intentionally interrupt multiple times just to later complain about that many times they were called to order. And meanwhile the beloved president tweets out absurd insults against the witness. Oh, we are not here to talk about tweets, they are usually not universally liked and that's that, we're here to talk about what scandalous numbers of times we were told not to speak out of term! Then they complain how they are headed for the bunker, letting the american people in the dark about what's happening, oh scandal. But in open hearing, they claim that this is all a ridiculous show trial not worth anyone's time. They make Ukrainian election meddling a topic and undermine that with the marvellous proof that the Ukrainians really did not particularly like the candidate that wanted to hand Crimea to Russia. Gotcha, libs! Gotcha, irrelevant witness! Not to forget they claim that Adam Schiff knows the indentity of the whistleblower and pursued naked pictures of Donald Trump for reasons beyond my imagination.
I mean, I am used to much sorrow from my own politicians, but this is really a new kind of low. Do these people have no honor, no personal or intellectual pride at all.

And then the propaganda tool declares a disaster and total humiliation of the democrats for hours after hours while playing grandstanding clips like of this guy Jim Jordan. Who has nothing but a prepared rant to contribute that has nothing to do with any substantial matter at hand. Oh yeah, the dems got destroyed by that guy. For real. You better belöieve it, FOX viewer!

Bäh, that is appalling.

LOL sounds like someone hates us for our freedom! LMAO
(11-15-2019, 01:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: "if the Founding Fathers were SOOO smart why didn't they mention this?!?!?  Checkmate libs!   Ninja

I just checked. They are RIGHT!

Why aren't Dems reading the constiution? 

Nothing about Ukraine in the Constitution either. I have read the whole thing.
(11-15-2019, 06:55 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL sounds like someone hates us for our freedom! LMAO

Sure I do, but I hate everyone for something, so no big deal. About your freedom. This current display is actually gruesome to watch. Not just Trump and all these Grahams. But how those people could completely distort the truth and narrate an alternate reality. How effective this is in combination with the republican trumpet that is FOX. Where people get actually lied to and left in the dark about the most basic facts. It's distressing that this actually works. And how in a blink the whole republican network switched to full-blown Trump apologists, and the people, and then the Grahams. So many of those Grahams despised him, now they bow to him because FOX does. That's the reason. And there's no backbone that holds them back. The original Graham refuses to even register evidence, because no way. Superb.

Which leads me to the weird situation that the only solution to that whole dilemma seems that Trump behaves so utterly outlandish and indefensible that FOX  and FOX hosts can no longer go along. Like shooting someone or what. Things one would actually not really hope for.

But yeah, FOX is obviously free. Here, they'd have loads of lawsuits against them, because our gagged news hosts can't call someone an idiot or a SOAB or things like those in their shows. The idiots and SOABs would sue them, they'd get rebuked by selfregulatory oversight, they'd have to pay hefty fines, there are actually laws against that. Yeah, you're more free to do whatever. 
Maybe you overdid it.

And yeah... CNN or god forbid MSNBC are "just the same". FOX has even a "bias alert", the most bizarre thing I have ever seen. Oh, except for Donald jr. slamming Hunter Biden maybe. And thousand other things. Whatever.

Sorry for these responses, but today's events and the recent Trump/GOP/FOX shitshow has left me too stunned to keep it short. "Dumb, annoying media - we're not here to discuss tweets - what gives if Trump's slandering an impeachment witness? WE WERE NOT ALLOWED TO SPEAK out of turn because Schiff is a DICTATORMONSTER, that's the real story!

Regarding lawsuits, serious question: How come Rand Paul is not in danger of a lawsuit? He demanded media reveal the identity of the whistleblower. That has to be against some kind of law, does it not? 
^
Welcome to hell?

Ive been shitting my pants over foxnews bullshit since i cared enough to want to turn on the "news" and saw the shit coming out of bill oreilly and glenn becks mouth.

And people were sorry enough to vote for a dumbass silverspoon conman who built his political position around fox news divisive horseshit clickbait/views/tabloid propaganda.
(11-15-2019, 09:49 PM)hollodero Wrote: Sure I do, but I hate everyone for something, so no big deal. About your freedom. This current display is actually gruesome to watch. Not just Trump and all these Grahams. But how those people could completely distort the truth and narrate an alternate reality. How effective this is in combination with the republican trumpet that is FOX. Where people get actually lied to and left in the dark about the most basic facts. It's distressing that this actually works. And how in a blink the whole republican network switched to full-blown Trump apologists, and the people, and then the Grahams. So many of those Grahams despised him, now they bow to him because FOX does. That's the reason. And there's no backbone that holds them back. The original Graham refuses to even register evidence, because no way. Superb.

Which leads me to the weird situation that the only solution to that whole dilemma seems that Trump behaves so utterly outlandish and indefensible that FOX  and FOX hosts can no longer go along. Like shooting someone or what. Things one would actually not really hope for.

But yeah, FOX is obviously free. Here, they'd have loads of lawsuits against them, because our gagged news hosts can't call someone an idiot or a SOAB or things like those in their shows. The idiots and SOABs would sue them, they'd get rebuked by selfregulatory oversight, they'd have to pay hefty fines, there are actually laws against that. Yeah, you're more free to do whatever. 
Maybe you overdid it.

And yeah... CNN or god forbid MSNBC are "just the same". FOX has even a "bias alert", the most bizarre thing I have ever seen. Oh, except for Donald jr. slamming Hunter Biden maybe. And thousand other things. Whatever.

Sorry for these responses, but today's events and the recent Trump/GOP/FOX shitshow has left me too stunned to keep it short. "Dumb, annoying media - we're not here to discuss tweets - what gives if Trump's slandering an impeachment witness? WE WERE NOT ALLOWED TO SPEAK out of turn because Schiff is a DICTATORMONSTER, that's the real story!

Regarding lawsuits, serious question: How come Rand Paul is not in danger of a lawsuit? He demanded media reveal the identity of the whistleblower. That has to be against some kind of law, does it not? 

Well, on the positive side you have developed a kind of fan base here on Bengalsboard--letting us some of us know how all this looks from the "outside" and that we're still probably sane, despite what we are seeing in these hearings every day.

I am shocked as you when I watch a decent, honorable person, who gets a deserved standing ovation when she leaves the hearing room, get maligned by a president who witness intimidates in real time, and then I turn to Fox and hear what a DISASTER all this was for the desperate Democrats. Cut to William Barr presenting alternative facts at the Federalist Society about the WAR ON TRUMP which has been waged in on every level in every corridor of power to take down a duly elected president, but current investigation is soon bringing the perps to light (as he has been saying for months). 

The "bias alert"--I think I can explain that. Bias hunting sounds critical, but it is really an appeal to prejudice, to pre-judgment. Fox commentators move the analysis away from facts and law and towards who belongs to what party or was a never Trumper or is a globalist or deep-stater because maybe his wife contributed to a Democrat, and that seals it.  Your complaint that Trump laughs at "ugly" women accusing him of rape, or that his Syria mis-step killed 300 of our Kurdish allies in a day, immediately signals your bias. Mentioning that he lied about what was on his first phone call to Ukraine just confirms what we already know about your hate. You got that from the NYT, right? Trump supporters can discount people with your biased facts all day. Trust Barr and Hannity on the Mueller Report, though. Why read something you KNOW is biased?

It was the opposite when Obama was president: rumors and "hearsay"circulated AS fact. Trump is elected and fact is suddenly hearsay. Or just not fact. And it's working. ("Read the transcript" lol)   Hillary's careless email use violated our NATIONAL SECURITY and the Clinton Foundation peddled influence!!! But Trump is elected and suddenly, WEEKLY red flags on security/clearance protocols and conflicts of interest signal a "coup d'etat" to undo an election. Like a school of minnows all together suddenly changing direction.

You seem overly puzzled that slander and lies bring no consequences in our great nation. That has me wondering if Austria is maybe like Germany, with people cited and sued for tapping their forehead at someone.  Tap all you want here. lol We have FREEDOM!  It makes us great!