Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Impeachment Hearings
We all must remember that the last impeachment was over a BJ.

The video's of these same politicians talking about that impeachment compared to now is damning. Not a good look at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(12-18-2019, 05:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: We all must remember that the last impeachment was over a BJ.

The video's of these same politicians talking about that impeachment compared to now is damning. Not a good look at all.

I thought the last impeachment was about POTUS lying under oath. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

About a BJ.

Americans aren't falling for that being worse than constantly trying to get foreign countries to attack America's Democracy and fellow Americans to help someone win an election.

That's Republicans problem with these Clinton impeachment videos circulating.

Can we agree we prefer our Presidents regardless of party to be able to win an election without requesting foreign countries to attack America and her citizens?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-18-2019, 06:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought the last impeachment was about POTUS lying under oath. 

Indeed!

About an affair! 

I'm old enough to remember when the gop cared about truth enough to impeach over it even when it had nothing to do with the security of the nation.

Good times.

Republicans really think Trump is Jesus......

My goodness. I've never seen such blasphemy.

(12-18-2019, 06:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Republicans really think Trump is Jesus......

My goodness. I've never seen such blasphemy.

Pretty wild stuff suggesting Jesus had more due process than Trump.

Especially since, you know, the WH is refusing to allow people to testify who would presumably exonerate him if he is telling the truth and declined to have Trump himself testify after he was invited to. They also get to set up the trial and the jurors are allowed to openly state that they will side with whatever Trump wants and won't look at any evidence. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-18-2019, 06:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Indeed!

About an affair! 

I'm old enough to remember when the gop cared about truth enough to impeach over it even when it had nothing to do with the security of the nation.

Good times.

I remember it as well. Despite having the Majority in the Senate the Articles failed because 10 GOP Senators voted against impeachment. I'll let you guess how many of those "caring about truth" Dems voted for impeachment.

Here's a hint: It's less than 1. 

Let's not try to perpetuate the assertion that this is nothing more than partisan politics and either could give a care less about "truth".  

(12-18-2019, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember it as well. Despite having the Majority in the Senate the Articles failed because 10 GOP Senators voted against impeachment. I'll let you guess how many of those "caring about truth" Dems voted for impeachment.

Here's a hint: It's less than 1. 

Let's not try to perpetuate the assertion that this is nothing more than partisan politics and either could give a care less about "truth".  

Or... Possibly... The Republican party has fallen so far that they don't care anything about the truth, only about protecting the power to give themselves tax breaks, raises, pardon buddies, hand out no bid contracts, etc.

I've been fairly middle of the road in this issue. I think trump has done impeachable things, but I think several past presidents did and weren't impeached. But the GOP has come of out this looking like Glorified Ol' Protectionists. They don't appear concerned with the truth, only with trying to deify Trump.

That's dangerous.
(12-18-2019, 09:08 PM)Benton Wrote: Or... Possibly... The Republican party has fallen so far that they don't care anything about the truth, only about protecting the power to give themselves tax breaks, raises, pardon buddies, hand out no bid contracts, etc.

I've been fairly middle of the road in this issue. I think trump has done impeachable things, but I think several past presidents did and weren't impeached. But the GOP has come of out this looking like Glorified Ol' Protectionists. They don't appear concerned with the truth, only with trying to deify Trump.

That's dangerous.

Oh, I have 0 doubt you (aka Mr Middle or the road) think the Dems are right and the GOP is wrong. Of course that does in no way address the point I made.

(12-18-2019, 09:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I have 0 doubt you (aka Mr Middle or the road) think the Dems are right and the GOP is wrong. Of course that does in no way address the point I made.

That Dems are bad.

Which, in many cases, is correct. Just not necessarily in this case.
(12-18-2019, 09:26 PM)Benton Wrote: That Dems are bad.

Which, in many cases, is correct. Just not necessarily in this case.

Guess we'll find out.

I'm just not really to assert one side is "dangerous". It's partisan, it's been partisan, and if nothing changes it will continue to be partisan.

I'll assert that's dangerous, not just one side. 

Nadler's supposed to be the Chair in this thing; yet he accused a peer of "spouting Russian Propaganda" when that peer made his address to the floor. Is that dangerous?

(12-18-2019, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  

This is the sentiment that really gets me going. 

We have a system of checks and balances. We have damning evidence from a Trump appointee ( pay for playno less) in his testimony that it was a tit for tat. Leans me to believe the abuse of power. 

Then nothing but obstruction from the executive branch for any other info. 

How in the world is obstruction partisan politics? At this level it goes against everything our government was designed for. People who identify as R are totally ok with an executive branch with no checks?

My god. If Hillary did this shit... Wowza
(12-18-2019, 09:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess we'll find out.

I'm just not really to assert one side is "dangerous". It's partisan, it's been partisan, and if nothing changes it will continue to be partisan.

I'll assert that's dangerous, not just one side. 

Nadler's supposed to be the Chair in this thing; yet he accused a peer of "spouting Russian Propaganda" when that peer made his address to the floor. Is that dangerous?

Oh I'm not asserting one side or the either is skirting dangerous. The issue is both sides are putting their own self interests out front. One side is just doing it with a very dangerous tactic: this guy is Jesus, y'all, they're trying to re-crucify Jesus!

That's dangerous and abhorrent.
(12-18-2019, 09:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This is the sentiment that really gets me going. 

We have a system of checks and balances. We have damning evidence from a Trump appointee ( pay for playno less) in his testimony that it was a tit for tat. Leans me to believe the abuse of power. 

Then nothing but obstruction from the executive branch for any other info. 

How in the world is obstruction partisan politics? At this level it goes against everything our government was designed for. People who identify as R are totally ok with an executive branch with no checks?

My god. If Hillary did this shit... Wowza

You applaud a system of checks and balances, then accuse one of those branches of doing it wrong.

Does that get you going?

(12-18-2019, 09:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Oh I'm not asserting one side or the either is skirting dangerous. The issue is both sides are putting their own self interests out front. One side is just doing it with a very dangerous tactic: this guy is Jesus, y'all, they're trying to re-crucify Jesus!

That's dangerous and abhorrent.

When did the "other side" start their crucifixion? 

Answer that honestly and you might see what others find dangerous and abhorrent. 

Personally, I have 0 issue with Congress bringing articles of impeachment. I just have been entertained about the Constitutionlist Dems starting off with how "sad" of a day this is and then getting a chubby when they exclaim: Impeach. impeach, impeach. PVT Trip had it right.

(12-18-2019, 09:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nadler's supposed to be the Chair in this thing; yet he accused a peer of "spouting Russian Propaganda" when that peer made his address to the floor. Is that dangerous?

Yes, Rep. Gohmert spouting Russian propaganda is dangerous.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

As someone who has an odd zeal for the chaotic, Trump winning and then being impeached would make for the most oddly entertaining course of action.
(12-18-2019, 10:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yes, Rep. Gohmert spouting Russian propaganda is dangerous.

Of course that was not the question posed. But that has never stopped anyone in this forum.