Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Impeachment Inquiry vote coming soon
The house is getting closer to voting on an impeachment inquiry. Why now? The committees feel the have enough smoke to dig deeper into the Biden family's business conducted outside of the US with foreign countries.

This is important as it gives the committee more power to use subpoenas and warrants to gather more information.

I see a mountain of evidence coming out each day Joe Biden was involved or knew his son was using Biden's status as a VP to extort money out of of Ukraine, China, Russia and others to be a conduit to DC and our government getting them help when they needed it.

Influence peddling is not permitted by family members of high ranking government officials, the official is guilty if he does not take one penny if it is proven his family or others were compensated.

My question is do you think any Democrats in Congress will vote for the impeachment INQUIRY? This is the next step prior to voting for the President to be impeached as the committees continue to gather evidence to make a decision not to impeach or to impeach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm confused.

Nancy just announced an impeachment inquiry when Trump (the Russian pawn) was trying to blackmail the president of Ukraine (now at war with Russia) into rigging the 2020 election for himself by making up lies about his opponent.
https://www.npr.org/2019/09/24/763700264/trumps-ukraine-call-may-be-game-changer-on-impeachment

And even McCarthy announced one into Biden earlier this year.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/top-us-house-republican-mccarthy-calls-biden-impeachment-inquiry-2023-09-12/

So is this just a dog and pony show?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 03:00 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The house is getting closer to voting on an impeachment inquiry. Why now? The committees feel the have enough smoke to dig deeper into the Biden family's business conducted outside of the US with foreign countries.

This is important as it gives the committee more power to use subpoenas and warrants to gather more information.

I see a mountain of evidence coming out each day Joe Biden was involved or knew his son was using Biden's status as a VP to extort money out of of Ukraine, China, Russia and others to be a conduit to DC and our government getting them help when they needed it.

Influence peddling is not permitted by family members of high ranking government officials, the official is guilty if he does not take one penny if it is proven his family or others were compensated.

My question is do you think any Democrats in Congress will vote for the impeachment INQUIRY? This is the next step prior to voting for the President to be impeached as the committees continue to gather evidence to make a decision not to impeach or to impeach.

There is not a chance in hell, any Democrat will vote for an inquiry. There may be evidence but none of it actually connects Joe Biden directly to any potential criminal action. Hunter may be a different story but in the US, a father isn’t guilty of his son’ crimes just because his political opponents want it to

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Clinton and Trump both became more popular after being impeached...when was the last time a president being impeached actually hurt him?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Clinton and Trump both became more popular after being impeached...when was the last time a president being impeached actually hurt him?

That's my thing. The GOP impeaching Biden is a surefire way to get the Democratic voter base to rally behind him.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:23 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's my thing. The GOP impeaching Biden is a surefire way to get the Democratic voter base to rally behind him.

That's what baffles me about the OP and resident "circle jerk preventer" positing all this stuff.  It's always....

1.  here is a post about how Biden is amazingly terrible and is going to lose to Trump in a landslide
2.  here is a post about how Biden needs to be thrown in jail/removed from office/taken out to pasture and removed from the 2024 election

If all the polls say Biden is going to be voted out of office in 2024, what's the point of doing anything to give a democrat who isn't going to be 82 and insanely unpopular a shot at beating Trump?  Let the voters decide and vote Biden out of office.  Don't kick a turd and make it stink.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Clinton and Trump both became more popular after being impeached...when was the last time a president being impeached actually hurt him?

Not true, Trump lost an election in 2020. If losing is your definition of being more popular, so be it. Clinton was in second term.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:43 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Not true, Trump lost an election in 2020.

Honest question, I get that you don't want a democrat in office but how do you square voting for a guy who says 2020 is rigged when you know it isn't?  Do you argue with other Trump supporters who believe it was rigged or do you just smile and nod? Or is "Trump won in 2020" like a Jets fan holding up the "NUMBER 1" sign when they score a touchdown...they know they aren't #1 but ehh it feels good to be happy with a group?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:23 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's my thing. The GOP impeaching Biden is a surefire way to get the Democratic voter base to rally behind him.

Good luck with that, a Joe Biden impeachment is closer to Nixon than Trump (BS and along political lines).

I love how you and others ignore Biden may have been involved in the biggest political influence peddling scheme in history.

Biden also has a ton of baggage. I would argue his immigration policies alone will cause him to lose a lot of his base support. Then, the economy sucks. Add in he can't put together 2 sentences using a teleprompter without messing them up.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:46 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Biden also has a ton of baggage. I would argue his immigration policies alone will cause him to lose a lot of his base support. Then, the economy sucks. Add in he can't put together 2 sentences using a teleprompter without messing them up.

Right, so why not just let him run in 2024 so Trump can have a layup win?  If Biden is removed it is a given that any democrat who takes his place will be younger and more popular than him, so why risk it?  Just let him lose an election in 335 or so days.

My main question for people who want to remove Biden and want Trump to win in 2024, do you think Trump has an easier matchup vs Biden or Gavin Newsom?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:46 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good luck with that, a Joe Biden impeachment is closer to Nixon than Trump (BS and along political lines).

I love how you and others ignore Biden may have been involved in the biggest political influence peddling scheme in history.

Biden also has a ton of baggage. I would argue his immigration policies alone will cause him to lose a lot of his base support. Then, the economy sucks. Add in he can't put together 2 sentences using a teleprompter without messing them up.

Would Trump, Jared and Ivanka accept being second in that? I dunno.
Reply/Quote
Complete waste of time to throw some red meat to the beasts.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Based of trends from last election cycle. Their is approximately 40 percent chance Republican could lose control of the house before the election in November next year. Down to a 2 seat majority after DEC 31st and according to recent special elections all post supreme court overturning a precedent without aby legal justification for it makes R's extremely unpopular. So a death or any kind of serious illness by any GOP house member could potentially flip chamber back to Democrats pre presidential election.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:46 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good luck with that, a Joe Biden impeachment is closer to Nixon than Trump (BS and along political lines).

Luvnit, these people do not understand that where there is smoke there could be MORE smoke. And if there is more smoke,

Republicans in the House will find it. That's why we need the impeachment--to follow the smoke.

The ultra smokey Biden impeachment is not at all like the two Trump impeachments where all we had was phone calls and videos--i.e., fire. 
Reply/Quote
Luvnit2 is hoping day one dictator will hand him a day one gestapo job.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:45 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Honest question, I get that you don't want a democrat in office but how do you square voting for a guy who says 2020 is rigged when you know it isn't?  Do you argue with other Trump supporters who believe it was rigged or do you just smile and nod? Or is "Trump won in 2020" like a Jets fan holding up the "NUMBER 1" sign when they score a touchdown...they know they aren't #1 but ehh it feels good to be happy with a group?

I have expressed my views on why the election was rigged and it involves the FBI and the DOJ.
1. FBI knew in early 2019 Hunter Biden laptop was NOT RUSSIAN DISINFORMATION.
2. The FBI sent a false narrative to Facebook, Twitter and Social Media to be aware of Russian disinformation It has been proven in the X files) to help the Hunter Biden laptop is Russian Disinformation.

Biden did not win swing states by a wide margin. I believe if the FBI did not allow propaganda to run rapid and allow Joe Biden to lie at a debate the laptop was Russian disinformation (because they should have said in 2019 the laptop was HB's and it was not tampered with at all), Trump wins in 2020.

Yes, there were also a lot of voting irregularities. Yes, some key swing states did a horrible job of getting election results (should be within hours of polls closing and not days) giving the perception fishy business going on and Trump goes from leads to losing those swing states. 

I said a long time ago, Trump should have accepted to defeat by the end of December and moved on.

But, an election can be rigged by our DOJ, sad but true as it happened in 2020 and the evidence supports it happened.
BTW, same DOJ who is persecuting Trump and trying to get him off the ballott in 2024. Why not let the voters decide?

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 07:55 PM)grampahol Wrote: Luvnit2 is hoping day one dictator will hand him a day one gestapo job.. 

Funny, I retired and will never need a job again. My care is for my family and friends future, they are hurting financially due to Biden policies.

Reply/Quote
I hope everyone understands an INQUIRY is not a trial. It is a procedure to have more power to extract more evidence. To date, they have over 6000 pages of evidence, the goal is to be able to gather more evidence.

I find it hard to believe any Democrat would vote no if the President was Donald Trump and this evidence was produced. It is hypocrisy at its' finest, same Democrats who loved Adam Schiff and his non information impeaching Trump.

The upcoming vote is only a vote to continue and gather information, not to move forward with impeachment.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 01:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: BTW, same DOJ who is persecuting Trump and trying to get him off the ballott in 2024. Why not let the voters decide?

The voters have every right to vote for someone who is in prison, if it comes to that, so I don't see how this even affects things.  You yourself have pointed out how these trials are making it more likely for Trump to get elected, so the conspiracy could be that the DOJ is actively working to get Biden out of office by painting a narrative that Trump is being unfairly persecuted.

Trump's grasp on the GOP was weakening to DeSantis before the DOJ started going after Trump.  Trump is making money off of this, and he's risen to the inevitable GOP candidate for 2024.  If you look at the outcomes and results I don't see how you can have any issue with this, other than "needing to take issue with it" being an essential part of promoting Trump as a persecuted hero. Every aspect of this has helped Trump reclaim the GOP crown and possibly get back into the white house...doesn't that seem a little too perfect to be mere chance driven by the left?

I honestly can't tell if you think this is a legimate witch hunt to get Trump, or if you are in on the ruse and 4d chess of it all and playing the part of the concerned citizen who believes it is an actual left wing plot that is blowing up in their faces.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 02:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hope everyone understands an INQUIRY is not a trial. It is a procedure to have more power to extract more evidence. To date, they have over 6000 pages of evidence, the goal is to be able to gather more evidence.

I find it hard to believe any Democrat would vote no if the President was Donald Trump and this evidence was produced. It is hypocrisy at its' finest, same Democrats who loved Adam Schiff and his non information impeaching Trump.

The upcoming vote is only a vote to continue and gather information, not to move forward with impeachment.

6000 pages of evidence but they can't impeach him yet?  

That's...odd.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote