Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Impressed with McCarrons Deep Passes.....
Seemed to have great touch on the ball, threaded the needle when he had to and didn't force anything.

I thought he looked great with his deep passes. Needless to say this is great out of our back up QB and should give Bengal Nation hope if he needs to start a playoff game!

ThumbsUp
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:30 PM)corpjet Wrote: Seemed to have great touch on the ball, threaded the needle when he had to and didn't force anything.

I thought he looked great with his deep passes.  Needless to say this is great out of our back up QB and should give Bengal Nation hope if he needs to start a playoff game!

ThumbsUp

Yes.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:30 PM)corpjet Wrote: Seemed to have great touch on the ball, threaded the needle when he had to and didn't force anything.

I thought he looked great with his deep passes.  Needless to say this is great out of our back up QB and should give Bengal Nation hope if he needs to start a playoff game!

ThumbsUp

It was fun watching him put the ball in position where only the receiver could get it, but the receiver had to work for it (which they did). That's exactly what Brees, Brady, etc. all do — they trust in their receivers to make the play. With a decent running game, I have full confidence in a McCarron-led team going into the first round of the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
The Broncos dared McCarron to beat them passing in the first quarter and he did. Like the OP said, he has nice mechanics and for me what stood out, very good decision making for someone with such little experience.

It all went south when Denver got exotic, played more zone and took out Green. I think with experience he could be a talent

Reply/Quote
AJM just a needs to keep seeing more looks .  He gets better each week.   If he needs to play against the Jets we should be fine.   The. The debate will be fun on the thread of going back to Andy after AJM gets a playoff win.  

I do think someone will try and trade for him in the offseason.   And I don't think we let him go unless it's a great offer.

Plenty of teams he would be upgrade over.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: AJM just a needs to keep seeing more looks .  He gets better each week.   If he needs to play against the Jets we should be fine.   The. The debate will be fun on the thread of going back to Andy after AJM gets a playoff win.  

I do think someone will try and trade for him in the offseason.   And I don't think we let him go unless it's a great offer.

Plenty of teams he would be upgrade over.

As in an upgrade over their current starting QB? Because, as it stands, he would not be an upgrade for any team, not one. Think we need to calm down a little here haha.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:51 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: As in an upgrade over their current starting QB? Because, as it stands, he would not be an upgrade for any team, not one. Think we need to calm down a little here haha.

So you don't think he is better than Weeden, Keenum, Manziel, Gabbert?

I personally would rather have him over Bradford and Osweiler.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:39 PM)barkerja Wrote: It was fun watching him put the ball in position where only the receiver could get it, but the receiver had to work for it (which they did). That's exactly what Brees, Brady, etc. all do — they trust in their receivers to make the play. With a decent running game, I have full confidence in a McCarron-led team going into the first round of the playoffs.

Yes.  Great Post.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:51 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: As in an upgrade over their current starting QB? Because, as it stands, he would not be an upgrade for any team, not one. Think we need to calm down a little here haha.

Hilarious Sad Sick GAWWWD this is a Bengal fan?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 07:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you don't think he is better than Weeden, Keenum, Manziel, Gabbert?  

I personally would rather have him over Bradford and Osweiler.

I wouldn't have him over any of those QBs no (Weeden doesn't count, Hoyer is the real starter there)

Thing is AJM could be better then all of them, no doubt, we just don't know yet. When the season finishes he may well have only started 4 games (hopefully more of course). 

So in terms of saying AJM will be an upgrade, I don't think any team would want to part with picks/players for such an unknown. Until the playoffs, he won't have proven anything more than the QBs you listed.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 07:09 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Hilarious Sad Sick GAWWWD this is a Bengal fan?

I am indeed. I also am not delusional. There is a big difference between other teams admiring AJM's potential and pulling the trigger on giving up picks/players for a backup QB with perhaps as little as 4 games starting experience.

I like AJM, I think he has played well. I just don't think teams will be rushing to sign him and I also don't think he is an 'upgrade' for any team as it stands.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 07:18 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: I wouldn't have him over any of those QBs no (Weeden doesn't count, Hoyer is the real starter there)

Thing is AJM could be better then all of them, no doubt, we just don't know yet. When the season finishes he may well have only started 4 games (hopefully more of course). 

So in terms of saying AJM will be an upgrade, I don't think any team would want to part with picks/players for such an unknown. Until the playoffs, he won't have proven anything more than the QBs you listed.

the thing is you already know what all those guys are..... You know they aren't starters.    But AJM is showing signs of being a potential starter .  And that's what teams trade for.... Potential.   You don't trade for finished products.

AJM potential/talent is above those guys.
Reply/Quote
He missed on some open guys, but the ones he hit sure looked nice.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 07:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: the thing is you already know what all those guys are..... You know they aren't starters.    But AJM is showing signs of being a potential starter .  And that's what teams trade for.... Potential.   You don't trade for finished products.

AJM potential/talent is above those guys.

Well often teams do (at least try to) trade for more polished products, the draft is for more raw talent. You don't want to shell out picks for an older player who is also a large unknown. 

I get what you're saying, a team may like his talent. I just think it is going to be very unlikely. 

But whatever, I am glad the team drafted him. Certainly thankful for having a backup that is of far better calibre than Cincy has seen since Fitzpatrick.

Reply/Quote
If we win in the Wildcard round, the trade Dalton threads are going to be epic.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:09 PM)Utts Wrote: If we win in the Wildcard round, the trade Dalton threads are going to be epic.

Hahaha, they really will.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:09 PM)Utts Wrote: If we win in the Wildcard round, the trade Dalton threads are going to be epic.

Imagine winning in the WC round, Dalton comes back and loses the next game. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:59 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Imagine winning in the WC round, Dalton comes back and loses the next game. 

LOL Yup! OUCHHHHH
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:59 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Imagine winning in the WC round, Dalton comes back and loses the next game. 

That's what is going to happen isn't it. It sounds too Bengalsy to not happen.

Reply/Quote

I think that would destroy Andy. He may never take another snap in the NFL. He'd be booed in line at Krogers.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote