Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impressive Individual Stats through 6 weeks - Contipelli's Countdown
Marisa Contipelli does a countdown every week and I highly recommend it just because she shares fun stats and things to look out for the following week.

In this week’s episode, she focused on statistics that individual (or in a couple cases, groups of individuals) have achieved so far in 6 games this season. Some are career milestones and others are relative to the rest of the league, but they’re all really impressive. It’s definitely worth a watch, especially since it’s less than 3 minutes long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_GMqgYDmsM&ab_channel=CincinnatiBengals

In case you're unable to watch, the accomplishments are:

1. Joe Mixon is 89 yards away from 5,000 career rushing yards. He’d be only the 5th Bengal ever to achieve this milestone. He’d also be only the 8th active player in the NFL with 5,000 career rushing yards. (This may speak more towards the lack of longevity at the position, but impressive regardless).

2. Since week 3, Joe Burrow has the third highest passer rating in the NFL at 110. His 9 touchdowns and only 1 interception are also top 3 in the NFL (I’m not sure if she means the ratio or the total number of touchdowns, but still).

3. Joe Burrow is 3-0 at home against bottom 5 pass defenses, which is what Atlanta has through 6 games this season (they really had to dig this stat up from deep underground, I think haha).

4. The Bengals are the only team in the NFL with 3 WRs with over 300 yards receiving (Higgins, Chase, Boyd).

5. Chase and Higgins are the only receiving duo in the NFL with more than 1,400 receiving yards since the beginning of last season.

6. Trey Hendrickson has the 2nd most QB pressures in the NFL, with 20.

7. Hendrickson’s 11 QB hits is the most he’s ever had through 6 games in his career.

8. Hendrickson and Hubbard have the most combined pressures among 2 teammates in the entire NFL, with 32.

9. Chidobe Awuzie is allowing a 35% completion percentage on passes thrown his way. That’s the lowest in the league amongst corners with at least 18 targets.

10. QBs are registering a passer rating of 51.5 when targeting Awuzie, as he has not yet allowed a touchdown this season.

I love stuff like this!
Reply/Quote
Hard to dislike any of this

Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Boyd being at 300 yards is surprising but he does manage to get long gains randomly.

Burrows 9-1 since week 3 is crazy too
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Fancy stats are fun to read and all and you would think they should be 6-0 but they aren't and struggled to beat the Saints. According to these #'s they should steamroll the Falcons but they won't. It will be another tight game and they will have to play lights out on both sides of the ball. These other NFL teams are trying to win too. I hope the players don't read this stuff and get the big head thinking they are unbeatable. I know it's the reporters jobs to report but they really need to throttle all the hype.

I guess it's all the decades of watching the Bengals not making the playoffs when all I read was how dominating they are, were or should be. I've said it before and will always feel that they need to keep their humble hats on, do their jobs well, get the wins somehow and say nothing.

Somebody here even has a Paul Brown quote on their page that says, "When you win say nothing, when you lose say less."
Not trying to be a Karen downer but too many times we've all seen the Bengals get schooled by a team they should have easily handled.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 12:46 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Marisa Contipelli does a countdown every week and I highly recommend it just because she shares fun stats and things to look out for the following week.

In this week’s episode, she focused on statistics that individual (or in a couple cases, groups of individuals) have achieved so far in 6 games this season. Some are career milestones and others are relative to the rest of the league, but they’re all really impressive. It’s definitely worth a watch, especially since it’s less than 3 minutes long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_GMqgYDmsM&ab_channel=CincinnatiBengals

In case you're unable to watch, the accomplishments are:

1. Joe Mixon is 89 yards away from 5,000 career rushing yards. He’d be only the 5th Bengal ever to achieve this milestone. He’d also be only the 8th active player in the NFL with 5,000 career rushing yards. (This may speak more towards the lack of longevity at the position, but impressive regardless).

2. Since week 3, Joe Burrow has the third highest passer rating in the NFL at 110. His 9 touchdowns and only 1 interception are also top 3 in the NFL (I’m not sure if she means the ratio or the total number of touchdowns, but still).

3. Joe Burrow is 3-0 at home against bottom 5 pass defenses, which is what Atlanta has through 6 games this season (they really had to dig this stat up from deep underground, I think haha).

4. The Bengals are the only team in the NFL with 3 WRs with over 300 yards receiving (Higgins, Chase, Boyd).

5. Chase and Higgins are the only receiving duo in the NFL with more than 1,400 receiving yards since the beginning of last season.

6. Trey Hendrickson has the 2nd most QB pressures in the NFL, with 20.

7. Hendrickson’s 11 QB hits is the most he’s ever had through 6 games in his career.

8. Hendrickson and Hubbard have the most combined pressures among 2 teammates in the entire NFL, with 32.

9. Chidobe Awuzie is allowing a 35% completion percentage on passes thrown his way. That’s the lowest in the league amongst corners with at least 18 targets.

10. QBs are registering a passer rating  of 51.5 when targeting Awuzie, as he has not yet allowed a touchdown this season.

I love stuff like this!

All good stuff.  Thanks for posting.  

Sam seems to have picked up some pass rush juice from hanging out with Trey.  He is having his best season as a Bengal.  

Chido is a stud.  Probably the biggest bargain in the NFL.  I wouldn't trade him for a first round pick right now.  

Joe is just starting to get back to where he was (both physically and mentally) before his appendix ruptured.  

I think the coaching staff's willingness to switch to a power gap scheme in the run game is a huge deal.  Both Zac and Pollack love the wide zone but their talent simply doesn't match it.  5.5+ YPC the past two games is a massive improvement over the pathetic 3.3 YPC they had the first four games.  
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 10:15 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Fancy stats are fun to read and all and you would think they should be 6-0 but they aren't and struggled to beat the Saints. According to these #'s they should steamroll the Falcons but they won't. It will be another tight game and they will have to play lights out on both sides of the ball. These other NFL teams are trying to win too. I hope the players don't read this stuff and get the big head thinking they are unbeatable. I know it's the reporters jobs to report but they really need to throttle all the hype.

I guess it's all the decades of watching the Bengals not making the playoffs when all I read was how dominating they are, were or should be. I've said it before and will always feel that they need to keep their humble hats on, do their jobs well, get the wins somehow and say nothing.

Somebody here even has a Paul Brown quote on their page that says, "When you win say nothing, when you lose say less."
Not trying to be a Karen downer but too many times we've all seen the Bengals get schooled by a team they should have easily handled.

I can assure you, the players absolutely do not care about any of these things that the team puts out for the FANS.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 10:15 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Fancy stats are fun to read and all and you would think they should be 6-0 but they aren't and struggled to beat the Saints. According to these #'s they should steamroll the Falcons but they won't. It will be another tight game and they will have to play lights out on both sides of the ball. These other NFL teams are trying to win too. I hope the players don't read this stuff and get the big head thinking they are unbeatable. I know it's the reporters jobs to report but they really need to throttle all the hype.

[Image: DebbieDowner.webp]

Reply/Quote
Hilarious Karen, Debbie what's the difference..Thought I'd change it up a bit.
Reply/Quote
Tomorrow they're going to put it all together. Look out

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 11:43 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I can assure you, the players absolutely do not care about any of these things that the team puts out for the FANS.

Not necessarily, Truck.  Some players like stats to motivate themselves.  Chase has been reported to have the top WRs in yardage listed on his phone home screen as motivation to do more.  Everyone is different, but there are some that appreciate the stats.  
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 12:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Tomorrow they're going to put it all together. Look out

Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey

Even in the dark days, they would usually open a can on someone once a year.  Last year, they did it to pitt and baltiwhore big time in the second games.  I would hate to see a blowout wasted on a NFC team like the Falcons, but beggars can't be choosers and a win is a win :)
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 12:53 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Hilarious  Karen, Debbie what's the difference..Thought I'd change it up a bit.

only one person is allowed to be a Karen on this page and that's me.  Everyone else is a poor imitation of the real thing  Wink

Quote:Not necessarily, Truck.  Some players like stats to motivate themselves.  Chase has been reported to have the top WRs in yardage listed on his phone home screen as motivation to do more.  Everyone is different, but there are some that appreciate the stats.  

Reminds me of Chad with his lists of DBs he had to beat each week.  Besides, the list posted was made by a reporter not the players.  I appreciated the fact she found 10 statistics without resorting to the no TDs in the 2nd half one (which is totally a good one to have)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
27 consecutive games with 15+ points we should be closing in on an all time record at some point in the near future.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 01:13 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not necessarily, Truck.  Some players like stats to motivate themselves.  Chase has been reported to have the top WRs in yardage listed on his phone home screen as motivation to do more.  Everyone is different, but there are some that appreciate the stats.  

Chase is really big on personal goals. We’ve known that since the day we drafted him when he said he’d break all our records. He has specific numbers he wants to hit going into the season.

And he even said he gets annoyed when his boy Justin Jefferson has a bigger week than him. He’s just ultra competitive. Even with one of his best friends.

Reply/Quote
Glad she left out the Defense not allowing a 2nd half TD this season. Want to see this streak continue.

Hasn't happened since the Ratbirds did it in 2000 I am pretty sure. Love Contipelli and what she does, great watch.

This team is on the up and up. Just keep it going against the Falcons who are a good, young team.

Want to see us play really disciplined, that is what the Falcons do, they don't make mistakes on Offense.

Also believe Burrow could have his real breakout game against that pass Defense. The O-line seems like it is really
coming together in the Power Gap scheme so Mixon's 89 yards could come as well. Should be fun, I like our chances.
Reply/Quote
Through 7 weeks:

Burrow is currently 2nd in passing yards with 2097, and 3rd in TD’s with 15.

Chase is currently 5th in receiving yards with 605, and tied with Diggs for 2nd in TD’s with 6.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals currently have 3 receivers on pace for 1000 yard seasons. This has only happened 5 times in NFL history, and hasn’t happened since the Cardinals (Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston) did it in 2008.

Ja’Marr Chase is on pace for 1469 (this would beat his own franchise record), and both Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd are on pace for 1105.

They would all also get there in 16 games, which is I guess semi-important.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:08 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The Bengals currently have 3 receivers on pace for 1000 yard seasons. This has only happened 5 times in NFL history, and hasn’t happened since the Cardinals (Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston) did it in 2008.

Ja’Marr Chase is on pace for 1469 (this would beat his own franchise record), and both Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd are on pace for 1105.

They would all also get there in 16 games, which is I guess semi-important.

Ja'Marr better pick up the pace. That won't beat his buddy JJs first 2 years total. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ja'Marr better pick up the pace. That won't beat his buddy JJs first 2 years total. 

only way jamarr out performs JJ this year is if there are some significant injuries to Higgins and maybe Boyd
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ja'Marr better pick up the pace. That won't beat his buddy JJs first 2 years total. 

He scores way more TD’s though.

Reply/Quote