Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impressive Pro Days
There hasn't been much talk around here about Pro Days.

Have you seen any Pro Day performances that stood out?

A few that have stood out to me are.

Jarrad Davis LB Florida 6'1" 238lbs ran a 4.56 40, had a 38.5" vert, and 10'9" broad. He had an ankle injury so he didn't perform at the combine. His performance is earning him some first round buzz. If he makes to us in the 2nd he should be really hard to pass up.

Charles Harris DE Mizzou 6'3" 253lbs. He had a sub par combine performance. He stood on his 4.8 40 and 21 bench reps from the combine. But improved his vert from 32" at the combine to 37.5" at his pro day. His athleticism questions went away and he is firmly back in the first round picture. Aside from Myles Garrett I think Harris is the best speed rusher in the draft. I wouldn't be mad if we took him at 9.

Brandon Wilson CB/RB/KR Houston 5'10" 198lbs. Poor man's Jabrill Peppers. He didn't have a draft profile page on NFL.com until after his pro day. 4.36 40, 41" vert, 11'1" broad, 24 bench reps. Only player in college football in 2015 with multiple touchdowns on offense, defense, and special teams. Primarily played CB but switched to RB for emergency purposes. He makes big plays with the ball in his hands. Graded as a 7th-udfa. If it gets to the 7th round and we have all of our needs filled you could do a lot worse with a project pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 03:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There hasn't been much talk around here about Pro Days.

Have you seen any Pro Day performances that stood out?

A few that have stood out to me are.

Jarrad Davis LB Florida 6'1" 238lbs ran a 4.56 40, had a 38.5" vert, and 10'9" broad. He had an ankle injury so he didn't perform at the combine. His performance is earning him some first round buzz. If he makes to us in the 2nd he should be really hard to pass up.

Charles Harris DE Mizzou 6'3" 253lbs. He had a sub par combine performance. He stood on his 4.8 40 and 21 bench reps from the combine. But improved his vert from 32" at the combine to 37.5" at his pro day. His athleticism questions went away and he is firmly back in the first round picture. Aside from Myles Garrett I think Harris is the best speed rusher in the draft. I wouldn't be mad if we took him at 9.

Brandon Wilson CB/RB/KR Houston 5'10" 198lbs. Poor man's Jabrill Peppers. He didn't have a draft profile page on NFL.com until after his pro day. 4.36 40, 41" vert, 11'1" broad, 24 bench reps. Only player in college football in 2015 with multiple touchdowns on offense, defense, and special teams. Primarily played CB but switched to RB for emergency purposes. He makes big plays with the ball in his hands. Graded as a 7th-udfa. If it gets to the 7th round and we have all of our needs filled you could do a lot worse with a project pick.

I LOVE both Davis and Harris.  

I like Harris better than almost any of the pass rushers.   Unfortunately he doesn't set the edge too well.   But if you're looking for a pass rusher...

And Davis is a stud.   Great instincts, great tackling, great coverage, hits like a tank.  He won't be there in the 2nd.  What I wouldn't do for two late first round picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 04:06 PM)3wt Wrote:  I LOVE both Davis and Harris.  

I like Harris better than almost any of the pass rushers.   Unfortunately he doesn't set the edge too well.   But if you're looking for a pass rusher...

And Davis is a stud.   Great instincts, great tackling, great coverage, hits like a tank.  He won't be there in the 2nd.  What I wouldn't do for two late first round picks.

I think Harris is going to slide into the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
Jamal Adams with a 4.33 40 time today. Would love Wilson in 7. Maybe even 6c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 04:11 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Jamal Adams with a 4.33 40 time today.  Would love Wilson in 7.  Maybe even 6c

I was just going to say Adams.  Fournette also weighed in at 228.  He's obviously taking care of himself in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
I like how Taco Charlton looked
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like how Taco Charlton looked

Everyone likes a good looking taco

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 04:11 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Jamal Adams with a 4.33 40 time today.  Would love Wilson in 7.  Maybe even 6c

That is sick.  Other than Myles Garrett, Adams seems like the lowest risk player in the entire draft.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
Know I'm gonnna rep my guy. Walker posting a 4.76 40 at 280 was an eye popper to me. Also with the 1.71 10 yard split.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 05:37 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: That is sick.  Other than Myles Garrett, Adams seems like the lowest risk player in the entire draft.

I actually know agree with this. I think when you talk about boom or bust potential you can also consider least risk, Adams may have the least risk of the entire draft. I think at the very least he is a good Safety, and the ceiling he is an All pro Safety.
Reply/Quote
And he is most likely gone before 9

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 09:47 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: And he is most likely gone before 9

I have seen some that have him falling to 10-15 range. Safeties historically are not top 10 picks, in fact since 1991 8 safeties have gone in the top 10 total and only two since 2007. I think it is completely possible that Adams or Hooker fall out of top 10 based on needs of teams in the top 10. A lot of it hinges on HB/WR/QB in the top 10.
Reply/Quote
WVU's Shelton Gibson, who was ripped off by the Electronic timer at the Combine, ran a 4.39 40. Gibson is an explosive deep threat receiver that can also climb the ladder to make a catch, but like most receivers coming out of WVU he needs work on his short and intermediate routes.

While James Urban was at the WVU pro day presumably looking at Gibson, Steelers DB coach ran Rasul Douglas through his workout. It's not surprising the Steelers are interested in Douglas because he would be an excellent matchup option for guys like AJ Green and Tyler Eifert.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 09:53 AM)Au165 Wrote: I have seen some that have him falling to 10-15 range. Safeties historically are not top 10 picks, in fact since 1991 8 safeties have gone in the top 10 total and only two since 2007. I think it is completely possible that Adams or Hooker fall out of top 10 based on needs of teams in the top 10. A lot of it hinges on HB/WR/QB in the top 10.

Would love to get Adams or Hooker at 9 ... a good safety would really help the back end of our defense.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 04:50 PM)shanebo Wrote: Would love to get Adams or Hooker at 9 ... a good safety would really help the back end of our defense.

I agree with that.Adams or Hooker would be an upgrade imo.I think both of them are pro bowl players....I love Adams leadership qualities and x factor....Hooker on the other hand has Ed Reed type range and ball skills and would be a great addition also.i wish the draft would get here already
Reply/Quote