Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impressive victory
Raiders never had a chance. I can't find much fault. except for once again Marvin's poor timeout usage. Also why not let Mccarron play the 4th couldn't we have put in many backups at the start of the 4th. Other than that a truly inspiring performance.
Reply/Quote
Andy develops touch, hits receivers in stride.
Team scored instead of kneeling down before halftime.
Defense got turnovers and pressure.
Offense had no turnovers.
A great day to be Bengal fans.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Raiders are one of the very worst teams in the league.

I'm not too impressed by anything we did against them
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Raiders are one of the very worst teams in the league.

The Raiders definitely have some issues...but, the Bengals went out and did what really good teams are supposed to do against bad teams...and that's whip their ass convincingly.

That's what we need to see more of, instead of playing down to inferior opponents. And, while there were a couple of pretty stupid penalties, and Adam was getting his thug on with Cooper...I loved the attitude and aggression they played with today. 

If this team wants to be the big dog in the yard, which they can be, they have to start acting like it. The whole 'lunch pale', business-like approach worked to a certain point...but there's an entirely different level this team needs to play at if they are going to be real players in the postseason.

Today was a good start, next week will tell us more.
Reply/Quote
Very good win. I don't care who you're playing, when you go up 33-0 on someone in their house it's impressive. The Bengals controlled that game from start to finish. The D completely shut them down. Our OL played fantastic. Andy had a good game. Eifert had a great game, and looks to be a huge addition. Hill looked good. Bernard looked good. Honestly, the only player that was a disappointment to me was Green, but that's only because I hold him to such a high standard.

The only real negative I personally have is Adam Jones. You can come up with all the reasons that he was fired up you want. You can use phrases like "heat of the moment" all you like. You can put blame on Cooper. I don't care. That was completely and utterly unacceptable. I have a very hard time rooting for this guy. He's a piece of shit. Human garbage, as evidenced by the fact that he hits women and the rest of his rap sheet. I would love nothing more than Dernard to take his job. I would love to actually have a quality human being in there that I can root for. I digress....back to the point:

All in all, great game today. I have no complaints. And coming from me, that's how you know it was a good win. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Raiders are one of the very worst teams in the league.

Says the guy who chastised me for being annoyed when half of espn picked raiders to win
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote

The Dolphins should be really worried then. They struggled against a team just as bad; if not worse.

Only thing to be impressed about: They did what was expected of them. That's what separates good teams from great teams. They beat the teams they're supposed to beat.
Reply/Quote

Insert any "not sure if serious" jpg. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:32 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Insert any "not sure if serious" jpg. 

It's fredtoast. Be happy he's not starting an andy dalton sucks thread yet
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The OL did great. Really thought the Raiders front seven would have applied more pressure.

Uncertain why we didn't have backups in there in the 4th quarter. If we are just going to make a few runs and play prevent defense, I don't quite understand why the backups weren't in there. Not sure they could have given up more yards and gained few yards than the starters did in the 4th.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Raiders never had a chance. I can't find much fault. except for once again Marvin's poor timeout usage.

Not sure you can put the blame on Marvin as much as Hue, Dalton, and the rest of the O. Shouldn't take 35 seconds just to get lined up.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Very good win.  I don't care who you're playing, when you go up 33-0 on someone in their house it's impressive.  The Bengals controlled that game from start to finish.  The D completely shut them down.  Our OL played fantastic.  Andy had a good game.  Eifert had a great game, and looks to be a huge addition.  Hill looked good.  Bernard looked good.  Honestly, the only player that was a disappointment to me was Green, but that's only because I hold him to such a high standard.  

The only real negative I personally have is Adam Jones.  You can come up with all the reasons that he was fired up you want.  You can use phrases like "heat of the moment" all you like.  You can put blame on Cooper.  I don't care.  That was completely and utterly  unacceptable.  I have a very hard time rooting for this guy.  He's a piece of shit.  Human garbage, as evidenced by the fact that he hits women and the rest of his rap sheet.  I would love nothing more than Dernard to take his job.  I would love to actually have a quality human being in there that I can root for.  I digress....back to the point:

All in all, great game today.  I have no complaints.  And coming from me, that's how you know it was a good win.   ThumbsUp

I may agree with almost all of this; however, I will still take Dorothy Mantooth out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again...
Reply/Quote

Not even the fact that Dalton didn't seem to take a single hit from the likes of Mack or Smith?  On the road, opening week, and could have won by 30?  Man, tough crowd.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:03 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The Dolphins should be really worried then. They struggled against a team just as bad; if not worse.

Only thing to be impressed about: They did what was expected of them. That's what separates good teams from great teams. They beat the teams they're supposed to beat.

Good point.  Barely covered....whew!  :blush:

The Seahawks lost on the road to the Rams

The Colts lost on the road to the Bills

Every game in the NFL is a grind, and road games, in week 1, are no easy task.  The fact that the Bengals looked so good is a testament to their preparation and their talent, not the ineptitude of their opponent.  I'm not sur ewho the Raiders play next week, but I think you will see a very different result. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Very good win.  I don't care who you're playing, when you go up 33-0 on someone in their house it's impressive.  The Bengals controlled that game from start to finish.  The D completely shut them down.  Our OL played fantastic.  Andy had a good game.  Eifert had a great game, and looks to be a huge addition.  Hill looked good.  Bernard looked good.  Honestly, the only player that was a disappointment to me was Green, but that's only because I hold him to such a high standard.  

The only real negative I personally have is Adam Jones.  You can come up with all the reasons that he was fired up you want.  You can use phrases like "heat of the moment" all you like.  You can put blame on Cooper.  I don't care.  That was completely and utterly  unacceptable.  I have a very hard time rooting for this guy.  He's a piece of shit.  Human garbage, as evidenced by the fact that he hits women and the rest of his rap sheet.  I would love nothing more than Dernard to take his job.  I would love to actually have a quality human being in there that I can root for.  I digress....back to the point:

All in all, great game today.  I have no complaints.  And coming from me, that's how you know it was a good win.   ThumbsUp

LOL

You are so obvious with these comments. Andy only had a good game is absurd. AJ makes a routine NFL catch and AD is 26-34 280 yards and 3 TD's.

Eifert was great, the OL was great and so was Dalton.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bengals had never won in Oakland. They got that monkey off their back yesterday.

It was a great performance all around and a great win.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

You are so obvious with these comments. Andy only had a good game is absurd. AJ makes a routine NFL catch and AD is 26-34 280 yards and 3 TD's.

Eifert was great, the OL was great and so was Dalton.

OMGLOLAHAHAHAH

I find it hilarious that Toast's comments got you so hot and bothered that you had to do your signature "laugh like a schoolgirl" opener.

In writing, it's usually wrong to use the same exact wording multiple times in a row such as "OL had a great game, Andy had a great game, Eifert had a great game", so it seems like Toast (being at least a somewhat intelligent dude) chose different words that are regularly synonymous to make his point more fluent and proper.

I also feel that you'd have not made this ridiculous post had he said "O-line was good, Andy was amazing, Eifert was great". Meh. Pretty funny stuff.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Raiders definitely have some issues...but, the Bengals went out and did what really good teams are supposed to do against bad teams...and that's whip their ass convincingly.

That's what we need to see more of, instead of playing down to inferior opponents. And, while there were a couple of pretty stupid penalties, and Adam was getting his thug on with Cooper...I loved the attitude and aggression they played with today. 

If this team wants to be the big dog in the yard, which they can be, they have to start acting like it. The whole 'lunch pale', business-like approach worked to a certain point...but there's an entirely different level this team needs to play at if they are going to be real players in the postseason.

Today was a good start, next week will tell us more.

Exactly Holic ! Great Post

Remember the play, was it early last season or the season before, can't remember for sure. But one of the Steelers interior O-lineman had one of our LBers on the turf, on top of him, basically doing the nasty ? And pretty much the team just walked away with their tails tucked.

We've got to get rid of that and start forcing our will on others, fire, passion for the game. It's not about playing dirty and taking cheap shots. It's about letting the other team know you're not going to do that to us and get away with it.

Like you say just carrying your lunch pail out on the field isn't enough !
Reply/Quote

and this is why you are a fan not a coach. to fly across the country and decisivelybeat another NFL team the way the bengals did is pretty impressive
Reply/Quote

Even the worst teams in the NFL are supposed to be competitive - that's why the point spreads never (or very rarely) reach 10 points.  Bottom line is the Bengals dominated an NFL team on their home turf in their home opener.  Quite a statement I'd think.

What would it have taken to impress you, 50-0?
Reply/Quote