Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Leonhard or Mike Tressel
So I looked at college DC salaries...and most make probably more than we'd pay.

Leonhard makes $795k. He's had some good defenses at Wisconsin.

I think he's someone we should target.

Tressel makes $622k. He's attainable too.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 11:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I looked at college DC salaries...and most make probably more than we'd pay.

Leonhard makes $795k. He's had some good defenses at Wisconsin.

I think he's someone we should target.

Tressel makes $622k. He's attainable too.

Good research. I think the Bengals are going to have to do this kind of research as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
I'm still not sold on the Bengals only offering 750,000 tweet. Maybe for a first time coordinator like Pleasant? We went well over a million to lure Grantham so money is available for the position. And in 2009 the Los Angeles Times cited an NFL source saying the league average for a DC was 850k. I doubt it has gone down in 10 years
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 11:50 PM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: I'm still not sold on the Bengals only offering 750,000 tweet. Maybe for a first time coordinator like Pleasant? We went well over a million to lure Grantham so money is available for the position. And in 2009 the Los Angeles Times cited an NFL source saying the league average for a DC was 850k. I doubt it has gone down in 10 years

I would imagine we’re offering more like 1.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
I still have the delusion that the Bengals will either get Evero from the Rams or draft that DT from Clemson and somehow kidnap Venables with him to the organization unless they draft Murray.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 11:50 PM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: I'm still not sold on the Bengals only offering 750,000 tweet. Maybe for a first time coordinator like Pleasant? We went well over a million to lure Grantham so money is available for the position. And in 2009 the Los Angeles Times cited an NFL source saying the league average for a DC was 850k. I doubt it has gone down in 10 years

I doubt they offered that low.

BUT, say we go after a coach who is at a bigtime college football program who makes say $2.05 million. We'd likely need to offer $2.5-3 million to get him to come here. AND his current team may just up that salary.

If you get a guy making under $800k, then $1.5 million might get him here...IF his current team doesn't match. They very well could match.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 10:24 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I still have the delusion that the Bengals will either get Evero from the Rams or draft that DT from Clemson and somehow kidnap Venables with him to the organization unless they draft Murray.

Venables has about a 0% chance of coming. He's making over $2 million a year right now.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 10:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Venables has about a 0% chance of coming. He's making over $2 million a year right now.

Just like the Reds, if the Bengal front office wants someone, they will have to pay.  It would excite the fan base into a frenzy.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 10:34 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Just like the Reds, if the Bengal front office wants someone, they will have to pay.  It would excite the fan base into a frenzy.  

They're not going to pay a DC $2.5-3 million a year.

They may not even be paying Taylor that much.
Reply/Quote