Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In 9 days, the Bengals go for it
This should and could be an epic game.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them fall behind early again. The real question is whether they have one more game of pulling stuff out of their behinds and by never giving up prevailing in the end. For all the sports media gushing on Stafford remember he is not really mobile and if he gets off his launch point too often can become REALLY inaccurate - which is when the multiple INT games happen. Defensively this is the game for Trey, BJ, Sam, DJ et al to eat.

Offensively the big challenge is to schematically bog down Aaron Donald and Von Miller. Harder task than KC but easier than Tennessee. Also move Chase around and use other looks and tricks to get receivers open. And we need Mixon and Perine to be their best selves. And...I think they can do it too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Now hear me out…put Chase back there on punt returns.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 06:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: This should and could be an epic game.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them fall behind early again. The real question is whether they have one more game of pulling stuff out of their behinds and by never giving up prevailing in the end. For all the sports media gushing on Stafford remember he is not really mobile and if he gets off his launch point too often can become REALLY inaccurate - which is when the multiple INT games happen. Defensively this is the game for Trey, BJ, Sam, DJ et al to eat.

Offensively the big challenge is to schematically bog down Aaron Donald and Von Miller. Harder task than KC but easier than Tennessee. Also move Chase around and use other looks and tricks to get receivers open. And we need Mixon and Perine to be their best selves. And...I think they can do it too.

Please, please, please, please let it be epic in the sense that world is amazed to see Burrow toss 5 TDs in a 45-7 crushing of the Rams.
Reply/Quote
I think we need to run Mixon early to establish the run, control the game, and, most importantly, keep Donald, Floyd, and Von in check!
Reply/Quote
Constant pressure from a variety of directions coming at Matthew Stafford will win this game. The key to pressure is to keep the defensive linemen in front of Matthew Stafford so he can’t step into the pocket and throw or pull the ball down and run.

Watch the fourth quarter against the Chiefs and you’ll see what I mean. Lou Anarumo dropped seven or eight into plaster coverage and rushed three or four — but the pass rush was delayed. This is also how the Cincinnati defense shut down Lamar Jackson earlier in the season.

Like many on here, I want to see the Bengals score a buttload of points against the Rams but it will take a shutdown defense to win the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 06:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think we need to run Mixon early to establish the run, control the game, and, most importantly, keep Donald, Floyd, and Von in check!

How pretty would it be to see the Donald and Miller crash in and Mixon somehow breaks a long run for a TD?
Reply/Quote
Stafford's a good QB but I don't trust him.

I can easily see him having a bad night.

I feel for the guy. I've always thought he didn't get enough respect and would easily cheer for him to finally win a SB. Too bad it had to be this one.

Hope he's awful.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 07:09 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: How pretty would it be to see the Donald and Miller crash in and Mixon somehow breaks a long run for a TD?
EPIC!

That's what I'm saying think it could happen! Both of them rushing upfield and then Mixon just running right by them both, breaking a tackle, making the safety miss, and then outrunning everyone!
(02-04-2022, 07:22 PM)motoarch Wrote: Stafford's a good QB but I don't trust him.

I can easily see him having a bad night.

I feel for the guy.  I've always thought he didn't get enough respect and would easily cheer for him to finally win a SB.  Too bad it had to be this one.

Hope he's awful.

He's good but I don't trust him to make the big plays when it matters or make the jaw-dropping play.

Sure, he's been good, but look at his weapons and offensive line and ask how many quarterbacks could do that under those circumstances. 

Get some pressure on him and I don't think he can beat us.
Reply/Quote
Like the last two games we have nothing to lose so to speak. Everyone outside Cincinnati thinks and expects Rams will win so we can just go play loose and have fun.
Reply/Quote
After seeing them fumble 4 times in a row vs the 49'ers I think the Bengals have beaten two better teams in the playoffs already... Neither is the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
ok stupid thing... at the gym I try to get locker numbers of my favorite Bengal players. One for superstition the other so I can remember where my stuffs at.

Yesterday I thought to myself whatever locker number I get is gonna be the Super Bowl MVP. Go to 9, it's locked already. 1..locked, 20,21,22 all locked. No worries I'll go to 28, locked. Realistically I think who else could get it? Ah Jessie Bates let's go to 30...and it's locked too. I start panicking because I don't think they go into the 80s and 90s. I'm thinking bad omen.

I turn the last corner into the last row and they all are beeping red locked except 1 and I go to it. It's #55. Logan Wilson sweet. I don't have to freak out now.

Today I go back... Same thing. Only locker with a Bengals player number with a legit chance of winning the MVP is 55 again. You heard it hear first...Logan Wilson Super Bowl MVP
Reply/Quote
I am blown away by how fast this week has flown by.

I have a feeling next week won't go by so quickly.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote