Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In A Satellite Tonight For The WSOP Main Event!
I'm in a poker group on Facebook and managed to play my way into a satellite tournament for the World Series of Poker Main Event!

It sounds like a long shot, but there's only 15 or 16 people playing in it!

I have an actual shot at winning a seat in the WSOP Main Event, along with flight and room paid for!

Only problem is that a bunch of professional players have joined this group and a few will be playing tonight (and a few more still might buy in), so it's going to be tough to win.

I typically play pretty tight and rarely get out of line, so hopefully I can catch someone trying to buy a big pot early and build my stack so that I can play more hands. Or I might switch up my strategy since they all know me and would be expecting me to play one way and then I play in a completely different manner.

If I do switch it up and play more pots, I just need to get out of big pots early and not expect to catch cards.

PLEASE WISH ME LUCK!
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 03:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm in a poker group on Facebook and managed to play my way into a satellite tournament for the World Series of Poker Main Event!

It sounds like a long shot, but there's only 15 or 16 people playing in it!

I have an actual shot at winning a seat in the WSOP Main Event, along with flight and room paid for!

Only problem is that a bunch of professional players have joined this group and a few will be playing tonight (and a few more still might buy in), so it's going to be tough to win.

I typically play pretty tight and rarely get out of line, so hopefully I can catch someone trying to buy a big pot early and build my stack so that I can play more hands.  Or I might switch up my strategy since they all know me and would be expecting me to play one way and then I play in a completely different manner.  

If I do switch it up and play more pots, I just need to get out of big pots early and not expect to catch cards.

PLEASE WISH ME LUCK!

Good luck Brad, either way it goes try to have fun. That is when I play my best. Don't chase hands, hardly ever works. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 10:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good luck Brad, either way it goes try to have fun. That is when I play my best. Don't chase hands, hardly ever works. Rock On

Chased early but rebounded.  Made the final table and down to 7th but then pushed with king queen when a king came on the flop but dude called with ace king.

Oh well.

They're starting another round where we have to play a certain number of hands each week and then they have a tourney for all the qualifiers, so I might try and get in the next one.  
Reply/Quote