Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Marvin We Trust(ed)
Dear Marvin,

Thank you for restoring the once-dead Cincinnati Bengals to nearly competitive form. What you did from 2003 through 2015 gave those of us in Bengaldom hope. No, you didn’t win a playoff game but seven playoff appearances are better than zero playoff appearances. You get to leave Cincinnati with a winning record which is commendable as well.

Also, I want to thank you and Peggy for your contribution to the Marvin Lewis Foundation and all your involvement in the greater Cincinnati community. You and Peggy did a lot for people in the area, much of which wasn’t reported by the press.

God bless you and keep you.

Giancarlo
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin did a lot for this franchise and he should be recognized for those achievements. If only he could have gotten over the hump. I won’t go into what I feel went wrong. That is well documented here. Thanks Marvin for bringing back relevancy. Good Luck with what you decide
Reply/Quote
It is rather bittersweet. He has been the coach ever since I became a fan back in 2004. I’ve watched him for 14 years now and some of those teams he coached had me jumping out of my seat with excitement, others had me crushed with disappointment.

Overall, I like Marvin. It was time to go, but I wish him nothing but the best.
Reply/Quote
I posted similar thoughts in the thread where the news broke. Although I am glad the Bengals are moving on from Marvin I wish him nothing but the best. He brought a lot to this team when it was needed. I know his heart was in the right place but he just couldn't take the team to the next level.

Marvin gave us several entertaining seasons. He gave us lot of great memories but unfortunately some disappointing ones as well. I hope he does well with whatever his future brings. I have to admit it's going to be kind of odd not to see him on the sidelines next year.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Dear Marvin,

Thank you for restoring the once-dead Cincinnati Bengals to nearly competitive form.  What you did from 2003 through 2015 gave those of us in Bengaldom hope.  No, you didn’t win a playoff game but seven playoff appearances are better than zero playoff appearances.  You get to leave Cincinnati with a winning record which is commendable as well.  

Also, I want to thank you and Peggy for your contribution to the Marvin Lewis Foundation and all your involvement in the greater Cincinnati community.  You and Peggy did a lot for people in the area, much of which wasn’t reported by the press.

God bless you and keep you.  

Giancarlo

Yea yeah, dark ages, 90's, all that.  Is he gone yet?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The pressure is now on Mike Brown, and the rest of the Front Office to come up with the correct Coaching and Management strategy to take this team the next step in the journey.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Thanks Marv.

Goodbye, and good luck (unless you go to Pittsburgh Whatever )
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The pressure is now on Mike Brown, and the rest of the Front Office to come up with the correct Coaching and Management strategy to take this team the next step in the journey.

Right now, I have very little faith in the Front Office. The departing of Lewis is a good start, but they are on their own now and history doesn't bode well in their decision making..... I hope I am wrong.
Reply/Quote
Thank you Coach Lewis. You did a great deal for this organization. It was time for a change but that doesn't make it any less true that you brought us to a better era than what came before.

Reply/Quote