Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In The Playoffs In Three Leagues But NEED HELP!
I was in the playoffs in three leagues but lost in one.

In the league with my best friends, which is the only one that really matters, I'm the #1 seed, but I also lost Ja'marr Chase (#1 overall pick) and Justin Herbert for the season, while also losing Josh Jacobs for a big part of the season.

I picked up Baker to start over Goff, which most sites have Goff as ranked one or two spots ahead of Mayfield for the week, but people seem to be talking up Baker lately and think that he has a safe floor with a pretty high ceiling, so he seems like the start here.

Sound good?

At running back, I have D Montgomery, Josh Jacobs (and Z White since they play on Monday if I go with Jacobs and he doesn't play), D Singletary, Z Charbonnet, and D Foreman (loaded up on backs), so who do I start?

I can only start two but then I have a flex, so I'm starting Jacobs, and I'm also starting Ty Chandler, who could produce big if Mattison is out again, but do I risk that O'Connell might be worse with loyalty to Mattison than Marvin was to some players back in the day? In the third spot, I have Montgomery, but the Vikings are good against the run, so do I risk it? Who do I start over him?

One site says I should start Foreman because, while he's boom or bust, the Cardinals have given up the second-most PPG to backs and the game script should see a lot of rushing from the Bears. He could also be a big bust and get under five points.

Montgomery looks like he'll be in the top twelve, so do I go with him?

At receiver, I'm starting Waddle and Cooper because they're the only receivers I have left. I could pick up Boyd but doubt he'll be as good as either of them.

At tight end, I'm torn between Ferguson and Kincaid. Kincaid hurt his shoulder, so do I go Ferguson or should I pick up Otton as a tight end and hope that he and Baker hook-up for a score?

Kickers aren't real people and I have Dallas D but I have a waiver request in for KC's D.

Thoughts?

I appreciate any help!
Reply/Quote
Go with your gut is all I have to say. We can't predict the outcomes. Good luck with your playoffs.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 06:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was in the playoffs in three leagues but lost in one.

In the league with my best friends, which is the only one that really matters, I'm the #1 seed, but I also lost Ja'marr Chase (#1 overall pick) and Justin Herbert for the season, while also losing Josh Jacobs for a big part of the season.

I picked up Baker to start over Goff, which most sites have Goff as ranked one or two spots ahead of Mayfield for the week, but people seem to be talking up Baker lately and think that he has a safe floor with a pretty high ceiling, so he seems like the start here.

Sound good?

At running back, I have D Montgomery, Josh Jacobs (and Z White since they play on Monday if I go with Jacobs and he doesn't play), D Singletary, Z Charbonnet, and D Foreman (loaded up on backs), so who do I start?

I can only start two but then I have a flex, so I'm starting Jacobs, and I'm also starting Ty Chandler, who could produce big if Mattison is out again, but do I risk that O'Connell might be worse with loyalty to Mattison than Marvin was to some players back in the day? In the third spot, I have Montgomery, but the Vikings are good against the run, so do I risk it? Who do I start over him?

One site says I should start Foreman because, while he's boom or bust, the Cardinals have given up the second-most PPG to backs and the game script should see a lot of rushing from the Bears. He could also be a big bust and get under five points.

Montgomery looks like he'll be in the top twelve, so do I go with him?

At receiver, I'm starting Waddle and Cooper because they're the only receivers I have left. I could pick up Boyd but doubt he'll be as good as either of them.

At tight end, I'm torn between Ferguson and Kincaid. Kincaid hurt his shoulder, so do I go Ferguson or should I pick up Otton as a tight end and hope that he and Baker hook-up for a score?

Kickers aren't real people and I have Dallas D but I have a waiver request in for KC's D.

Thoughts?

I appreciate any help!

Kincaid has fallen off since Brady took over OC, and James Cook is coming alive. I'd steer clear. I think I'd stick with Montgomery. I have Gibbs so I know Montgomery vultures a lot of TDs. They use him at the goal line. I'd stick Jacobs or White. I like Goff over Baker. Mayfield went off last week, but he's very inconsistent... Goff is too, but at least he's indoors. I benched him for Stafford the past two weeks, but I like him better than Baker... Of course I benched Puka the other night because I was afraid to start 3 Rams in back to back weeks... I need Aiyuk to pull something outta his ass now.

I'm going against a super team this week... Amon- Ra, Jefferson, McCaffrey, Breece or Jonathan Taylor, McBride, and Olave... Pray for me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 02:29 PM)jason Wrote: Kincaid has fallen off since Brady took over OC, and James Cook is coming alive. I'd steer clear. I think I'd stick with Montgomery. I have Gibbs so I know Montgomery vultures a lot of TDs. They use him at the goal line. I'd stick Jacobs or White. I like Goff over Baker. Mayfield went off last week, but he's very inconsistent... Goff is too, but at least he's indoors. I benched him for Stafford the past two weeks, but I like him better than Baker... Of course I benched Puka the other night because I was afraid to start 3 Rams in back to back weeks... I need Aiyuk to pull something outta his ass now.

I'm going against a super team this week... Amon- Ra, Jefferson, McCaffrey, Breece or Jonathan Taylor, McBride, and Olave... Pray for me.

I have a direct connection to the Man Upstairs, so I said a prayer and they hold a lot of weight. My wheelchair marks are still in the clouds from when I was knocking on Heaven's door..........................

Hilarious

I was set on Mayfield but you made me reconsider. I switched to starting Goff but just switched back when I read this:

Quote:Baker Mayfield

Mayfield threw for 381 yards and four scores and provided the second-most fantasy points among quarterbacks in Week 15. The veteran threw at least two touchdown passes in six of his last eight appearances for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Mayfield is a Top 10 quarterback over the last four weeks, in terms of fantasy points per game. This week, he will face a Jacksonville Jaguars defense that allowed the third-most fantasy points and fifth-most passing yards per game to quarterbacks through 15 weeks.
They also surrendered at least 300 yards and/or multiple touchdown passes to quarterbacks in five of their last six games.
I expect Mayfield to provide another multiple-touchdown game, with a high-yardage total for his stockholders. He is my No. 4 play.

However, that site also says this about Goff:

Quote:Jared Goff

Goff is the No. 12 player in my Week 16 quarterback rankings. The Detroit Lions veteran threw for 278 yards and five scores as the top quarterback in fantasy football for Week 15.

Goff threw at least two touchdown tosses in five of his last six games. This week, the Lions will play the Minnesota Vikings.

The Vikings were decent at limiting fantasy football quarterbacks through the first 14 weeks of the season, but surrendered 324 yards and two scores to Jake Browning in Week 15.
Look for Goff and the Lions offense to stay hot Sunday in Minneapolis. He should throw for at least 250 yards and two scores in this NFC North division meeting.

The upside on Baker just seems to high.

Might need to take the risk here because he's still projected to win by a few points!
Reply/Quote