Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
In defense of the coaching staff
I know all teams have injuries, but we've been blown to smithereens this year. It is what it is.

We've lost our Star WR, Starting QB, LT and almost all of our TE's on offense. Those are vital positions; very hard to win without them.

On defense we essentially lost all 3 starting linebackers throughout the season (Burfict, Brown, & Vigil) along with our only pure passrusher (Lawson) and 3 of our rotational DT's.

Good luck to any coaching staff trying to win with that amount of injuries at key positions.
I know all teams have injuries but this is more than I've ever seen us have. We also had the second youngest roster in the league to begin with.

We were winning when we were healthy and on an even playing field against the opposition. I'm still optimistic about the future; I hope to see improvement during the final 4 games and hope to see Marvin return for one last ride.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 09:19 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: I know all teams have injuries, but we've been blown to smithereens this year. It is what it is.

We've lost our Star WR, Starting QB, LT and almost all of our TE's on offense. Those are vital positions; very hard to win without them.

On defense we essentially lost all 3 starting linebackers throughout the season (Burfict, Brown, & Vigil) along with our only pure passrusher (Lawson) and 3 of our rotational DT's.

Good luck to any coaching staff trying to win with that amount of injuries at key positions.
I know all teams have injuries but this is more than I've ever seen us have. We also had the second youngest roster in the league to begin with.

We were winning when we were healthy and on an even playing field against the opposition. I'm still optimistic about the future; I hope to see improvement during the final 4 games and hope to see Marvin return for one last ride.

My unsolicited advice---Duck.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
First thread ever?

Hmm

Interesting.
Reply/Quote
this should cover it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSFsyxaCQrQ
Reply/Quote
If the coaching staff would have had those guys properly trained and prepared for battle, maybe those injuries don't happen??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I feel like I've been waiting till next season because of key injuries for 15 years.
Reply/Quote
Ugh! If MB reads this we are in trouble. Hopefully he's gone to bed for the night.

Injuries took their toll so you might not be able to judge the new coaches.

But the old ones.....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 09:19 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: I know all teams have injuries, but we've been blown to smithereens this year. It is what it is.

Can you provide excuses for the previous 25 years of failure also?
Reply/Quote
Honestly, why would MB spend much more money to put a winner on the field and fire Marvin and bring in a good coach?

There are going to be some injuries each year and there are a certain percentage of fans that will explain away a bad season. Just like they've done for 26+ years.

In a league where most teams have won 5+ playoff games and some have won 20-30 since we last won a playoff game...and Mark Sanchez has 4 playoff game wins...we explain away failure.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I've used it before and I'll use it again..

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The problem is this is not the first season wiped out by injuries. 2014 turned out that way also and we've had injury issues the past three seasons too.

At some point you have to question the front office, coaching and of course the training and conditioning regimens as out players not only get hurt way too often but they frequently play like they are weak and out of shape.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis hasn’t built enough equity (despite having 16 years) to earn the benefit of doubt for all the injuries - I think Mo Edgar said that & I have to agree.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Fail
Reply/Quote
Geoff, that you? Mike? Who IS that masked man?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 02:17 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Fail

Failure is a journey, not a destination.

Stem cells
Reply/Quote
Nice try, Mikey
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
There is no defense for this coaching staff. Zero. Zip. Nada. None. Don't even try.

From the strength and conditioning personnel to the head coach and everyone in between there is nothing but abysmal failure. This team, the 2018 Cincinnati Bengals, began the season 4-1 in first place in the AFC North and are currently 5-7 heading toward a final record of 5-11 which will be last place in the AFC North. Let this sink in. The Bengals started in first with a solid lead and they'll finish dead last.

If there is any accountability in this world every single coach will be given a pink slip; no exceptions! Cincinnati is the laughingstock of the sports world and I remember the 1990s too vividly. It's deja vu all over again.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 02:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There is no defense for this coaching staff.  Zero.  Zip.  Nada.  None.  Don't even try.  

From the strength and conditioning personnel to the head coach and everyone in between there is nothing but abysmal failure.  This team, the 2018 Cincinnati Bengals, began the season 4-1 in first place in the AFC North and are currently 5-7 heading toward a final record of 5-11 which will be last place in the AFC North.  Let this sink in.  The Bengals started in first with a solid lead and they'll finish dead last.

If there is any accountability in this world every single coach will be given a pink slip; no exceptions!  Cincinnati is the laughingstock of the sports world and I remember the 1990s too vividly. It's deja vu all over again.

Yep ... deja vu all over again
Reply/Quote
Perhaps they are the reason for some of the injuries? (conditioning)

No more passes

Reply/Quote