Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"In like a lion, out like a lamb"
March is supposed to be "In like a lion, out like a lamb" and in years past except for the most recent few years, the saying was pretty much true. The same goes for the "April showers bring May flowers" saying as well.

But...

Don't you find it odd, since around 2012, that it hasn't been March that is "In like a lion, out like a lamb" and it hasn't been "April showers bring may flowers"?

The past four years, it's been April that has been "In like a lion, out like a lamb" and May that has the showers to bring the flowers the following month. Plus, it seems our summers have been shorter as well.

So far this Spring, this month of April has been nothing but wind. I know it's only the Sixth of April, but March didn't go out like a lamb and it's been very windy for the past three or four weeks, except for garbage nights and I think GOD for that.

Maybe something did happen on December 23, 2012 and the Earth shifted her orbit around the Sun ever so slightly.

Dun, dun, duuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!
Reply/Quote
Here in Va we had 75+ degree days in March, windy and below freezing nights in April.
Maybe the stars will align this year to get us a Superbowl win !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"In like a lion. Out like a lamb" describes my sexual performances.
Reply/Quote
Hmm. I woulda bet the house it would be 'In like a bear...'
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 08:16 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Here in Va we had 75+ degree days in March, windy and below freezing nights in April.
Maybe the stars will align this year to get us a Superbowl win !

Can't forget December's unusual weather. This was on Christmas eve, when I took my niece to the park.
[Image: 12376152_155853784779735_154781792752763...e=57C0CFA4]

It was in the 70s that day, I was rocking shorts and sandals.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 07:13 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: March is supposed to be "In like a lion, out like a lamb" and in years past except for the most recent few years, the saying was pretty much true. The same goes for the "April showers bring May flowers" saying as well.

But...

Don't you find it odd, since around 2012, that it hasn't been March that is "In like a lion, out like a lamb" and it hasn't been "April showers bring may flowers"?

The past four years, it's been April that has been "In like a lion, out like a lamb" and May that has the showers to bring the flowers the following month. Plus, it seems our summers have been shorter as well.

So far this Spring, this month of April has been nothing but wind. I know it's only the Sixth of April, but March didn't go out like a lamb and it's been very windy for the past three or four weeks, except for garbage nights and I think GOD for that.

Maybe something did happen on December 23, 2012 and the Earth shifted her orbit around the Sun ever so slightly.

"IF".  The saying doesn't declare it to be an annual event.  It's an if then event.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 07:13 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: March is supposed to be "In like a lion, out like a lamb" and in years past except for the most recent few years, the saying was pretty much true. The same goes for the "April showers bring May flowers" saying as well.

But...

there was a very large earthquake near the equator some years back they believe shifted the magnetic poles.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 08:01 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Hmm. I woulda bet the house it would be 'In like a bear...'

...during hibernation.
Reply/Quote
In 15 minutes, this is what happened.

The sun was out
The wind blew and it got dark
The rain started
Then the hail came
Then the hail stopped and it started to snow
The snow stopped
The sun came back out

It was pretty crazy
Reply/Quote
A nice frost on the ground this morning. I cant take much more of this shit. Its driving me insane.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 09:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: A nice frost on the ground this morning. I cant take much more of this shit. Its driving me insane.

If you are here in Cincy, it will be sunny at least the next 5 days with temps increasing each day.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 08:56 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: In 15 minutes, this is what happened.

The sun was out
The wind blew and it got dark
The rain started
Then the hail came
Then the hail stopped and it started to snow
The snow stopped
The sun came back out

It was pretty crazy

Its OHIO... lol.... if you dont like the weather wait 5 minutes.

but seriously that snow storm was messed up.

i think our seasons would line up better if we went back to a lunar calendar.
Reply/Quote