Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In retrospect (Cam Robinson
we should have traded down. Check out Cam against the Steelers.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He did look pretty good, I watched some of that game
Reply/Quote
Woulda, shoulda, coulda. What's the ***** point? Just another way to drive yourself crazy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
But but there was no good tackles in this draft! Didn't anyone tell you that???
Reply/Quote
It was a weaker class. There were still lineman worth drafting, just not at bengals pick. Were the bengals entertaing the idea of trading down and were there teams interested in the bengals pick?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 07:21 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: It was a weaker class. There were still lineman worth drafting, just not at bengals pick. Were the bengals entertaing the idea of trading down and were there teams interested in the bengals pick?

Any lineman would have been worthy of our pick with the way our line has played so far.  Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Our line looks just as good as it did last year, since Lazor has taken over. Not sure what that means, if anything at all.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 07:47 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Our line looks just as good as it did last year, since Lazor has taken over. Not sure what that means, if anything at all.

I wouldn't say that. Both our tackles are glaring weak spots. Last year it was just the right side. Center still gets blown up constantly though.  Whatever Lazor has definitely been lightyears better than Zampieceofshit. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hmmm

I wanted him more than anybody in the draft.

Was about the only one saying take him in 1.

But that happens almost every year with tackles.

Other than Ogbuehi. Never said or wanted Ogbuehi in 1
Reply/Quote
time will tell...about our OT's....
let's judge them after this season...

but if we had a redo....
i'd pick TE O.J. Howard...
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 09:30 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hmmm

I wanted him more than anybody in the draft.

Was about the only one saying take him in 1.

But that happens almost every year with tackles.

Other than Ogbuehi. Never said or wanted Ogbuehi in 1

He went in the 2nd, would have been a huge reach at #9.
Reply/Quote
It is who I said all along but everybody said there was no good OL picks.

He was a no brainer ! Especially after he slipped.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 11:02 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He went in the 2nd, would have been a huge reach at #9.

He was predicted to go in top ten forever and somehow at last minute dropped. 

But we could have traded back and got extra pick or traded up and not drafted a kicker.

We could have easily obtained him. But I always said he was going to be worth the 9th pick.

Never does best tackle in draft fall that far. We blew that one. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 11:02 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He went in the 2nd, would have been a huge reach at #9.

i dont get the reach part.  hes proven worthy of a high first rounder and was projected high just prior to the combine. then he started to drop.  if we had a redo, this is our guy
Reply/Quote
We didn't have to trade down.

The Jaguars offered their 2nd round pick for McCarron. They picked Cam Robinson with that draft choice.

I wasn't too high on him in certain aspects, but he's a great run blocker and easily the best at that in the draft last year.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2017, 12:07 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We didn't have to trade down.

The Jaguars offered their 2nd round pick for McCarron. They picked Cam Robinson with that draft choice.

I wasn't too high on him in certain aspects, but he's a great run blocker and easily the best at that in the draft last year.

No. It's said they inquired about him by a leaked source. That "source" wasn't even involved with the Jaguars.
Edit:In August well after the draft.

I say it again all the McCarron trade talk was probably drummed up by McCarron's sports agency to try to get offers that never came.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Bodine is still playing the worst Center in the NFL and Og still is incredibly bad too. It hasn't looked quite as awful because Lazor is crafting his offense specifically to cover for the line deficiencies.
Reply/Quote
Why even go down this road? There are great players every year that we could have picked, but didn't. I'm happy with the draft that we had.
Reply/Quote
I understand it's all spilled milk. Not much point. I guess it was my own way of publicly eating crow.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Has anyone else noticed that Obeuhi doesn't seem to understand how bad he has been? Or at least he doesn't seem to acknowledge it. Usually he explains how he's really sort of doing ok.
Reply/Quote