Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the "Circus-Must-Continue" Department today:
(01-10-2016, 10:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I did, heh, I was actually just coming back to fix that too.  I just posted a vid of Clark hitting McGahee so he was on my mind.  Of course Steelers players have made dirty hits, the hit on Huber was dirty as it was against the rules. 

You' d be hard pressed to find Steeler fans who agree with you.  Most found it funny.

I don't think an illegal hit is automaticaly dirty, and I think some legal hits can be dirty.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Actually, many of you don't, one needs only look into Jungle Noise for many examples.  Regardless, the one player Bengals fans harp on as being dirty is Clark, due to one hit against Eifert that was far less egregious than the hit Burfict laid on Brown that many, again in Jungle Noise, are defending.  The cost of feeding both sides of their face must be driving many Bengals fans into the poor house.  Who do you think is dirty on the Steelers that Steelers fans don't acknowledge?

You read JN more than I do! Wink
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You' d be hard pressed to find Steeler fans who agree with you.  Most found it funny.

I'm not going to lie, I found it funny in a way as well.  I know the guy broke his jaw, I don't wish ill on the dude, but he had access to top tier medical care, for free. and fully recovered.  The "funny" to me was Bengals fan's reactions to it.

Quote:I don't think an illegal hit is automaticaly dirty, and I think some legal hits can be dirty.

I'd agree, to me for a hit to be dirty there has to be malicious intent behind it.  That's why I never considered any of Harrison's hits dirty.  It's also why I absolutely consider many of Burfict's hits to be dirty.  Quite honestly I don't think there are many dirty hits in the NFL, most of these guys are friends off the field, either from attending the same college, moving from team to team or training together.  I don't think there are very many guys who actually try to injure other players.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:35 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: You read JN more than I do! Wink

Heh, I have to be honest, I do enjoy a nice dose of schadenfreude from time to time.  PLus it helps me smack down the occasional tool that wanders out of JN and tries their hand in here.  
Reply/Quote
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/11/pacman-on-antonio-brown-i-know-he-was-faking-it/

Quote:Pacman on Antonio Brown: “I know he was faking it”

Posted by Mike Florio on January 11, 2016, 10:34 AM EST

In the heat of the moment, after the Bengals saw a win turn into a loss after back-to-back penalties on Vontaze Burfict and Pacman Jones gave the Steelers a 35-yard field goal, Jones suggested that the hit that sparked the 30-yard swing didn’t actually injure Pittsburgh receiver Antonio Brown.

After having a chance to cool off, Jones still believes Brown wasn’t hurt.

“I know he was faking,” Jones told The Dan Patrick Show on Monday.

Jones, who tried to insist that Brown was barely hit in the head, claimed that Brown winked at Jones on his way off the field.

“I think he need a Grammy Award for that one,” said Jones,
who previously offered to give Brown an Oscar.

As to the flag thrown on Jones after the flag thrown on Burfict, Jones said the penalty came from making contact with an official. But Jones was upset that Steelers linebackers coach Joey Porter was on the field.

“He was just over there calling them bitches,” Jones said of Porter’s interactions with other Bengals players.

“Coaches are held to a higher standard than players,” Jones said. “Period, point blank.” He added that offensive line coach Mike Munchak should have been ejected after pulling the hair of Bengals safety Reggie Nelson during a bizarre first-half sideline altercation.

Jones also said that the hit from Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier on Bengals running back Gio Bernard was worse than the hit on Brown (more on that later).

Pacman also disputed reports that some unnamed Bengals players think coach Marvin Lewis has failed to control the team’s defensive players, both on Saturday night and throughout the year. And Jones firmly believes that Lewis should return.

Jones, who is due to become a free agent, may not return to Cincinnati. There’s a good chance he also won’t be signing with Pittsburgh.

Then again, given the gift he provided to the Steelers on Saturday night, maybe he already has earned his signing bonus there. Or at least a Grammy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
A Grammy Award? See. Brown was singing. Not something injured people generally do.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/11/pacman-on-antonio-brown-i-know-he-was-faking-it/

Isn't he out of concussion protocol already?  Mellow

So either: 

A) He was faking

B) The Steelers have the biggest joke of a concussion protocol in the league.

I'm going to go with B.  ThumbsUp

Edit: And the article is written by Florio...no bias there lolz
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:14 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Isn't he out of concussion protocol already?  Mellow

So either: 

A) He was faking

B) The Steelers have the biggest joke of a concussion protocol in the league.

I'm going to go with B.  ThumbsUp

Edit: And the article is written by Florio...no bias there lolz

Do the Steelers solely put him through the protocol or is the independent league guy involved?  I don't know that.

Even with that not every hit to the head results in a concussion.  

And beyond that Jones is an idiot.  Smirk
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Do the Steelers solely put him through the protocol or is the independent league guy involved?  I don't know that.

Not sure but,

Quote:A player who has been knocked unconscious will suffer a worse concussion than a player who didn't lose consciousness. "A player doesn't have to be knocked out to sustain a serious concussion," Hummel said. "In some cases, individuals who are knocked out may suffer less severe trauma. In either case, the severity of the concussion might not be known for days or weeks."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120329170220.htm

It's a little shady that they've already said he's good to go for Sunday. 

Oh I agree Jones is an idiot. Great football player, but still an idiot. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Seriously hurt or not doesn't really matter, the hit was illegal by the rules. if he just got his bell rung a little, it still doesn't matter. Even if a WR bounces right back up after a hit like that, it's still a penalty.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/11/pacman-on-antonio-brown-i-know-he-was-faking-it/

I already pointed out yesterday that Brown was faking it. Kudos to him for a heads up play in that instance. They got the flag (deservedly so) but his actions made certain of it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Do the Steelers solely put him through the protocol or is the independent league guy involved?  I don't know that.

Concussion protocol involves an independent Neurologist. Regardless, he was in protocol for about 15 seconds. 

He wasn't concussed on the hit.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Seriously hurt or not doesn't really matter, the hit was illegal by the rules. if he just got his bell rung a little, it still doesn't matter. Even if a WR bounces right back up after a hit like that, it's still a penalty.

Yep. 

Reply/Quote
It was an obvious penalty, so why would Brown needlessly get himself pulled for the rest of the game to undergo concussion protocol? The Steelers had no timeouts and a FG from that spot would have been 1 yard away from Boswell's career long. The best out route runner in the league was certainly an expendable part of the offense in that situation. Rolleyes
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Annnddd....he's still in the protocol.

http://fansided.com/2016/01/11/antonio-brown-concussion-protocol-following-burfict-hit/
Quote:Antonio Brown in concussion protocol following Burfict hit

by John Buhler 2m ago
TWEET SHARE 0 COMMENTS

Antonio Brown is in the NFL’s concussion protocol from the crushing hit he received from Vontaze Burfict in the AFC Wild Card round Saturday night.

The Pittsburgh Steelers All-Pro wide receiver Antonio Brown is in the NFL’s concussion protocol after the late hit he sustained from Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict in the Steelers’ 18-16 AFC Wild Card victory over the Bengals on Saturday night. ESPN’s Adam Schefter delivered the widely expected news on Brown’s health situation.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Annnddd....he's still in the protocol.

http://fansided.com/2016/01/11/antonio-brown-concussion-protocol-following-burfict-hit/

Not a chance in the world he is out next week.  

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not a chance in the world he is out next week.  

Probably not...but he's also not out of the protocol already as some around here would have you believe.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Annnddd....he's still in the protocol.

Little known fact - Antonio Brown is such a good actor he pretended to be Will Smith and got a starring role in a movie about concussion. He played the part all while pretending to be Will Smith who was pretending to be a doctor. Grammy worth stuff right there.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:23 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Little known fact - Antonio Brown is such a good actor he pretended to be Will Smith and got a starring role in a movie about concussion. He played the part all while pretending to be Will Smith who was pretending to be a doctor. Grammy worth stuff right there.

Jerry Porter gives the performance two thumbs up.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Jerry Porter gives the performance two thumbs up.

Adam Jones called it, "The muthafu**ing performance of the year!"
Reply/Quote