Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the spirit of sportsmanship I will say...
Hats iff to the much maligned Steelers D. I've thought for the most part they have been better than they were given credit for.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 09:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Hats iff to the much malugned Steelers D.  I've thought for the most part they have been better than they were given credit for.

In some ways, I enjoyed watching this one more than last week.  It was a hard played, clean game.  

I blame both teams for last week's debacle, but look what happens when we play another team ... 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 09:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Hats iff to the much maligned Steelers D.  I've thought for the most part they have been better than they were given credit for.

It was a bit boring...and actually more like I expected their first meeting to be.

Everything bounced the Steelers way until that fumble and then the "D" just couldn't pull one more stop out.

All in all a better season than I expected with all the injuries and boneheaded management/coaching moves in the first 6 weeks.

I tweeted out that they just have to find a way to stay healthy next year.  Period.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was a bit boring...and actually more like I expected their first meeting to be.

Everything bounced the Steelers way until that fumble and then the "D" just couldn't pull one more stop out.

All in all a better season than I expected with all the injuries and boneheaded management/coaching moves in the first 6 weeks.

I tweeted out that they just have to find a way to stay healthy next year.  Period.

There's a few AFCN teams that could say that.

Still, can't complain too much about a 2nd round exit when you were on the outside looking in after losing to the Ravens.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's a few AFCN teams that could say that.

Still, can't complain too much about a 2nd round exit when you were on the outside looking in after losing to the Ravens.

Bingo.

For all the dumb moves and everything else they got in and made some noise.  Its not winning it all but its a good run.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Not smack. Fair fight, steelers lose. That was a fair fight.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:19 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Not smack. Fair fight, steelers lose. That was a fair fight.

Let us know when it is.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:28 AM)Vlad Wrote: Let us know when it is.

What are you doing here, Vlad?

I thought this thread was about the 'spirit of sportsmanship'.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:33 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: What are you doing here, Vlad?

I thought this thread was about the 'spirit of sportsmanship'.

Maybe you should think about removing this thread from the smack forum.
Reply/Quote
I was hoping the word sportsmanship would be like a cross to the impaler.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Everything bounced the Steelers way until that fumble and then the "D" just couldn't pull one more stop out.

Much like what happened to the Bengals in denver. You could tell the steeler D was sucking wind. I think the broncos have a very real advantage at mile high.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:12 AM)Beaker Wrote: Much like what happened to the Bengals in denver. You could tell the steeler D was sucking wind. I think the broncos have a very real advantage at mile high.

The difference being the Bengals D might have made a stop...had they not lost their cool and gave up 30 yards s boneheaded penalties.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: The difference being the Bengals D might have made a stop...had they not lost their cool and gave up 30 yards s boneheaded penalties.

In denver?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's a few AFCN teams that could say that.

This is where I have been mentally since that game.  Looking forward to seeing if the Defense can get better over the off-season.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: The difference being the Bengals D might have made a stop...had they not lost their cool and gave up 30 yards s boneheaded penalties.

DENVER

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:12 AM)Beaker Wrote: Much like what happened to the Bengals in denver. You could tell the steeler D was sucking wind. I think the broncos have a very real advantage at mile high.

No doubt.  They condition themselves there and in the 4th quarter it is very much an advantage.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was a bit boring...and actually more like I expected their first meeting to be.

An injury excuse. No doubt Steelers had injuries, but nowhere near what the Bengals had in 2014. I don't recall you agreeing with any of us when we used they reasoning in 2014 and I don't recall any of us using in in 2015 when our starting QB could not play.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:19 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Not smack. Fair fight, steelers lose. That was a fair fight.

Steelers have won more than there share of "fair fights"... Yawn

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: An injury excuse. No doubt Steelers had injuries, but nowhere near what the Bengals had in 2014. I don't recall you agreeing with any of us when we used they reasoning in 2014 and I don't recall any of us using in in 2015 when our starting QB could not play.

No doubt you can't remember much beyond yesterday at your age.   Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 09:49 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: In some ways, I enjoyed watching this one more than last week.  It was a hard played, clean game.  

I blame both teams for last week's debacle, but look what happens when we play another team ... 

So it surprises you when your team take cheap shots they get them back from the bengals?

dont want your guys on IR have your players keep it clean
Reply/Quote