Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inactives 1/7

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
let Higgins walk. The best ability is availability

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Perhaps we never see Tee in a Bengals uniform again. I wonder if they'll tag him or not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 01:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: let Higgins walk. The best ability is availability

Does that apply to Burrow also? Asking for a friend.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 01:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: let Higgins walk. The best ability is availability

You don't just let capital walk for nothing.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You don't just let capital walk for nothing.

saving a large amount of cap space is not nothing

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 01:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: let Higgins walk. The best ability is availability

Burrow is more injured then Tee homie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:19 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Does that apply to Burrow also? Asking for a friend.

(01-07-2024, 02:27 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Burrow is more injured then Tee homie.

I see your point but the annual leaving 4 games early, and missing 4 games outright is getting a little annoying with Tee

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: saving a large amount of cap space is not nothing

That's not how a smart FO operates. That money will be spent on someone(s). If you can get something for what you're replacing or nothing, which would you take?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's not how a smart FO operates. That money will be spent on someone(s). If you can get something for what you're replacing or nothing, which would you take?

You suggest a tag and trade? Those rarely pan out

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You suggest a tag and trade? Those rarely pan out

The other thing with the tag and trade is we tie up that money missing out on potential free agents. Will be an interesting offseason. Hopefully one we can all be excited about.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 01:35 PM)pally Wrote:

Irv Smith. I never understood some of the hype regarding him. He is short for a TE, and with his injury history he just seemed like a stopgap measure for having lost our second leading TE in two years. I was sure they would draft someone last year, when there were so many quality TEs. Well, there's this year, but now the Bengals will have a lot of needs in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You suggest a tag and trade? Those rarely pan out

To me, most likely is tag and keep. 20M is doable for next year. That makes the following year even more difficult. 

The smart thing would have been to shop him before this season and get draft picks. They could still try to tag and trade, but they've put themselves in a very tough situation, as you said "rarely pan out".

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: To me, most likely is tag and keep. 20M is doable for next year. That makes the following year even more difficult. 

The smart thing would have been to shop him before this season and get draft picks. They could still try to tag and trade, but they've put themselves in a very tough situation, as you said "rarely pan out".

Well, if we had a working crystal ball, then shopping him before the season made sense. And I know many were advocating that before the season started. Looks prescient now. But going into the season, the Bengals had Super Bowl aspiration and no idea he would be injured most of the season.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:48 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, if we had a working crystal ball, then shopping him before the season made sense. And I know many were advocating that before the season started. Looks prescient now. But going into the season, the Bengals had Super Bowl aspiration and no idea he would be injured most of the season.

If Joe Burrow is on the team in August, they still have Super Bowl aspirations whether Tee is a Bengal or not.

After sitting on the sideline and watching Jake Browning, I'm sure that Burrow will still have the gunslinger mentality he has always possessed . . but I think that he and the Bengals have seen how successful the talent-limited Browning has been with mediocre TEs. I kind of have a feeling that the three headed monster at WR may be pushed aside for a younger, more balanced attack. Looking at Boyd more than Higgins.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:48 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, if we had a working crystal ball, then shopping him before the season made sense. And I know many were advocating that before the season started. Looks prescient now. But going into the season, the Bengals had Super Bowl aspiration and no idea he would be injured most of the season.

No crystal ball is necessary. I was shouting for that from the rooftops. A few agreed, most didn't.

It's a tried and true successful model for an NFL team.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 01:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Perhaps we never see Tee in a Bengals uniform again. I wonder if they'll tag him or not.

100% they'll tag him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote