Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inauguration Day - My public thoughts
Posted publicly to my Facebook page this morning:  1/20/17

Quote:Congratulations to President Trump.

(Stick with me here.)

Mr. Trump did something only very few have ever done...convinced enough people in the right places that his ideas are better than someone else's and got elected to the highest seat in the land.

That is an accomplishment whether I like him or you like him or whether he is successful or not.

And I hope he *IS* successful.

I hope that he does what is best for the country. Realizing that you cannot make everyone happy nor can you make everyone great. I hope that his plans, in whatever form they finally get enacted) result in better living conditions for Americans and do not hurt other Americans in the process.

[Note: I will not "pray" for him to do the right thing or the best thing or anything because 1) I don't think he cares about it and 2) If he did care about it it would already be being done.]

Today is not the end of the world.

No more than it was the end of the world when gay people got the same right the rest of us had already to marry the one the love.

No more than on 9/11 when we all came together for a common cause.

No more than at any other time in our history when there was strife and division among the people and our leaders.

Today is the first half day of the next administration to lead the United States of America.

Mr. Trump now has more responsibility that he ever had running a company or producing a television show or even starring on it. His actions will have real consequences for more people than he has ever hired or fired. I hope he is up to the task and I hope that in the end we are better than we were before.

That does not mean there will not be criticism. That does not mean there will not be jokes. That means he will be watched and held to the same standards as others who held that office.

We the people will decide how long that administration continues and we the people will decide if we like the direction the administration takes us as a country.

As I often tell you: Do not be afraid.

Be vigilant. Be aware. Be prepared. But do not be afraid.

For his supporters: Enjoy the day.

For his detractors: If you cannot stand to watch, don't.

For President Trump: Both groups will be listening to what you say and watching what you do. And you will be held as accountable as every other man who took that same oath.

Do well. Do right.

Not everyone will get what they want. Not everyone will be happy.

But we can do this without everyone being angry and without everyone pointing fingers and calling names and demeaning the other side.

Having some civility would be a good change in the country. That will have to start at the top AND the bottom.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
If his first task were to immediately fix the V.A., he'd bring a lot of the country back from it's division.
I think we all want that fixed.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Your public positions are much different and much less incendiary than your private statements behind message board anonymity. No wonder why you related to Clinton so much. Smirk
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
This is his first test in keeping campaign promises. He promised he would say "you're fired" in regards to Obama. There's a decent chance those two words are the entirety of his inauguration speech. There's also a chance of the two Bibles he swears in on, that one is actually a signed copy of The Art of the Deal.
(01-20-2017, 10:53 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: If his first task were to immediately fix the V.A., he'd bring a lot of the country back from it's division.
I think we all want that fixed.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

And there are many other things too.  It's a big job.

(01-20-2017, 11:09 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Your public positions are much different and much less incendiary than your private statements behind message board anonymity. No wonder why you related to Clinton so much.  Smirk

Yes, we both understood Lincoln.  Mellow

From the night of the election I have said I will give him a chance once in office...but that I will still make fun of the stupid things he says and does.   ThumbsUp
(01-20-2017, 11:12 AM)6andcounting Wrote: This is his first test in keeping campaign promises. He promised he would say "you're fired" in regards to Obama. 

I don't get this. People keep saying "OBAMA IS FIRED!", but it's not like he was voted out of office. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-20-2017, 12:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't get this. People keep saying "OBAMA IS FIRED!", but it's not like he was voted out of office. 

I corrected a good friend who said Obama lost the house and senate and the presidency.  Obama never lost the presidency.  He won twice...quite handily.
Best wishes President Trump.

Hope you keep your word.

Hope you clean up the Intelligence Agencies in the US of A, so that the citizens can trust them again.

Hope you bring the rule of law back to our country.

Hope you put an end to the propaganda and lies being used on our citizens.

Hope the pussification of our country comes to an end.

Hope we will have time without war.

With all this and more I think your going to need Gods help or it won't happen.

God Bless America.
(01-20-2017, 12:36 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Best wishes President Trump.

Hope you keep your word.

Hope you clean up the Intelligence Agencies in the US of A, so that the citizens can trust them again.

Hope you bring the rule of law back to our country.

Hope you put an end to the propaganda and lies being used on our citizens.

Hope the pussification of our country comes to an end.

Hope we will have time without war.

With all this and more I think your going to need Gods help or it won't happen.

God Bless America.

You hope an admitted liar keeps his word?

The intelligence agencies can be trusted more than he can.

You hope someone that has been found guilty of breaking laws regarding bribing public officials will bring back the rule of law?

You hope someone that built his entire campaign around lies and inaccurate propaganda will put an end to that?

You hope for an end to "pussification", but yet a time without war?

You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I want the POTUS to succeed because if policies are successful. then our nation is successful. I just don't have a lot of hope in the next four years, and it's not just Trump that is to blame for that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Good luck, America.
Being in constant war doesn't prove strength. (I meant pussification at a citizen level, not as a country.)

Our Intelligence Agencies are a politicized train wreck with no credibility. (That needs to be fixed, if it is possible.)

Trump gets his chance and it is what is best for our country that he succeeds.

Bushs, Clinton and Obama had their chance. Yikes.

Hoping for the best.
(01-20-2017, 12:36 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Hope the pussification of our country comes to an end.

There might be russification instead.
(01-20-2017, 01:16 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Being in constant war doesn't prove strength. (I meant pussification at a citizen level, not as a country.)

I forgot about the insecurities resulting from strides in equality leading to the anti-PC movement. My apologies.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-20-2017, 12:36 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Hope the pussification of our country comes to an end.

Bending over for Putin is not a good start, nor is fear of the press and Hollywood stars.
(01-20-2017, 01:23 PM)hollodero Wrote: There might be russification instead.

LOL LMAO
(01-20-2017, 10:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: Posted publicly to my Facebook page this morning:  1/20/17

Mr. Trump now has more responsibility that he ever had running a company or producing a television show or even starring on it. His actions will have real consequences for more people than he has ever hired or fired. I hope he is up to the task and I hope that in the end we are better than we were before.

I hope Putin voluntarily pulls out of the Ukraine and ISIL renounces violence.
(01-20-2017, 12:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't get this. People keep saying "OBAMA IS FIRED!", but it's not like he was voted out of office. 

"Obama your contract is not renewed due to legal technicality; thanks for accepting your retirement from office" isn't much of a tv catchphrase.

And overturning Obama things vs keeping them was certainly part of this year's ticket.
Not a bad speech. A little heavy on the "patriotism" as a cureall. But not bad at all.

That guy talking today sounded sane with a vision.

I hope he is the same guy on Monday.

No, but his ideology was.  Outside of NY and California, of course.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(01-20-2017, 02:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not a bad speech. A little heavy on the "patriotism" as a cureall. But not bad at all.

That guy talking today sounded sane with a vision.

I hope he is the same guy on Monday.

That was a much more divisive speech than I was expecting. He insulted every elected and formerly elected person on the platform with him. It will play well to his base, and will make everyone else uneasy. One of the conservative journalists I follow said it would make "his supporters thrilled, and his opponents terrified." I don't agree with terrified, because while people like to place all of this power with the executive, there are tools to counter when things go too far. But it will certainly make them uneasy.

Also, I just can't agree with the claim that his taking office is giving power back to the people. I don't dispute his legitimacy, but he didn't win the popular vote. That's not giving the power to the people.