Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incredible new wave of big men in NBA
Over the last few years the NBA has seen a flood of incredibly big men (6'10+).

All of these guys are 24 or younger

Giannis Antetokounmpo... 27.8 pts... 10.4 reb... 4.8 ast... 1.4 stl
Anthony Davis................. 27.4 pts... 10.7 reb... 2.1 blk... 1.3 stl
Joel Embiid..................... 23.7 pts...  11.1 reb... 3.1 ast
Kristaps Porzingis............ 22.7 pts...   2.4 blk... 1.9 3P.... .393 3P%
Karl-Anthony Towns........ 20.2 pts... 12.2 reb... 1.5 3P.... .421 3P%
Nikola Jokic..................... 16.9 pts...  7.9 reb.... 5.9 ast....   1.3 3P...1.2 stl
Ben Simmons.................. 16.4 pts...  7.8 reb.... 7.3 ast....  1.9 stl
Andre Drummond............. 15.1 pts... 15.7 reb... 1.6 stl...   1.6 blk

These guys are mostly great all around players.  They can pass, shoot the 3, and get steals in addition to the inside scoring and rebounding.

A couple fo years ago I was convinced that anthony davis was the next great super star in the NBA, but now there are a whole handful of guys that can play like him.
Reply/Quote
Small guys like Donovan Mitchell still are making splashes as well.

But you are correct the big guys are coming in as 4 and 5 tool players more regularly now
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think it's misleading a bit to call the Greek Freak and Ben Simmons Bigs because they play the Guard/ Wing positions. Also I would not call Porzingus a Big to me he is more like Dirk than a traditional big man.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2018, 02:13 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think it's misleading a bit to call  the Greek Freak and Ben Simmons Bigs because they play the Guard/ Wing positions. Also I would not call Porzingus a  Big to me he is more like Dirk than a traditional big man.

Agree.  They are not all post players, but they are still big as hell.

NBA draws the best players from all over the world because basketball is popular all over the world.

The NFL has not tapped the world wide market yet because American football is not popular all arund the world.  He giants who are great athletes in other countries become wrestlers, professional strong men, shotput/discus, or weightlifters.
Reply/Quote
BTW if Simmons and Embiid can stay healthy and get somemore talent around them they can get some rings. Embiid is a terror in the post and Simmons is Magic Johnson without a jump shot.
Reply/Quote