Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Indefinite Suspension? - Watson
(06-17-2022, 10:14 PM)Stewy Wrote:   #1 - Lengthy punishment comparable to what Trevor Bauer (MLB) received for far less severe and fewer incidents, 

Bauer was accused of punching women and choking them unconscious.

No way in hell the allegations against Watson are more "severe" than that.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 02:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Been hearing anywhere between 1 year and just perma ban.     will be interesting

Browns setting a new precedent of bad

As much as i wish this were true, my gut tells me especially since he’s starting to settle and not fight it any more that he’ll end up getting 10 games at most and he’ll try to appeal that down to 6. I’m almost positive the only reason he settled with 20 of them was based on talking with the NFL and realizing if he fights it and has any missteps he’s going to be gone for much longer. And i think the nfl should give him a year minimum, actually 2 just for the contract alone but it’s not going to happen and once he wins games people will soon forget or he’ll become like Big Ben where yeah he’s a pos but nobody actually cares
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 12:46 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: As much as i wish this were true, my gut tells me especially since he’s starting to settle and not fight it any more that he’ll end up getting 10 games at most and he’ll try to appeal that down to 6. I’m almost positive the only reason he settled with 20 of them was based on talking with the NFL and realizing if he fights it and has any missteps he’s going to be gone for much longer. And i think the nfl should give him a year minimum, actually 2 just for the contract alone but it’s not going to happen and once he wins games people will soon forget or he’ll become like Big Ben where yeah he’s a pos but nobody actually cares

its kinda Funny How he Didnt want to settle cause he didnt do anything wrong...

But now he has settled 20 cases.....
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 12:46 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: As much as i wish this were true, my gut tells me especially since he’s starting to settle and not fight it any more that he’ll end up getting 10 games at most and he’ll try to appeal that down to 6. I’m almost positive the only reason he settled with 20 of them was based on talking with the NFL and realizing if he fights it and has any missteps he’s going to be gone for much longer. And i think the nfl should give him a year minimum, actually 2 just for the contract alone but it’s not going to happen and once he wins games people will soon forget or he’ll become like Big Ben where yeah he’s a pos but nobody actually cares

I would think that settling is almost an admission, or at least an acknowledgement of wrong doing.  Weather a crime was committed or not, the scant details of this situation all point toward an immoral and possibly abusive pattern of behavior.  I don't think for a minute he settled for any reason other than what those women had to say would paint a very ugly picture of Deshaun Watson, the man.  I'm not sure how this will effect the outcome of the NFL's investigation/punitive process, but this might just look like another rich guy trying to buy someone off to keep them quiet.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bauer was accused of punching women and choking them unconscious.

No way in hell the allegations against Watson are more "severe" than that.

If everything in both cases is true, yes, but the courts basically threw out Bauer's accusers every piece of non-sexual violence claim, wouldn't grant a permanent restraining order and canceled her temporary one.  Not because of the lack of evidence, but because her MRI and catscans found no evidence of the injuries she was claiming.  Which leaves a he/said vs. she said consensual sex allegation just like Watsons.  Except it is 26 vs. 3.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/dodgers-trevor-bauer-sexual-assault-explained-why-not-criminally-charged-what-said/cnayaohqdrqed6uptymkwq8e
Quote:What are the allegations against Trevor Bauer and who is his accuser?

According to police records, a woman, who has only been identified as "Ms. Hill" at her attorney's request, claimed to have met Bauer through Instagram and first met up with the Dodgers pitcher on April 21.
She described that the first encounter escalated to Bauer performing multiple sexual acts without consent. She alleged that Bauer choked her to the point of unconsciousness and punched her in the face and genitals. Ms. Hill also claims he initiated sex without her consent.
Bauer contends to have had two sexual encounters that were "wholly consensual" with Ms. Hill. 
Ms. Hill sought medical attention a day after the second encounter. An intake form indicated “head and facial trauma,” but a CT scan and MRI revealed no such injuries, according to public records. References to "signs of a basilar skull fracture" from the intake form have since been ruled by Judge Dianna Gould-Saltman to have been “materially misleading.”
Ms. Hill filed a temporary ex parte restraining order on June 28 with the Los Angeles Superior Court.
An ex parte is a temporary restraining order that does not allow the accused a chance to immediately respond in court and is taken at face value by the accuser. The accused is notified of the allegations and given a formal hearing and opportunity to respond at a later date to refute any allegations. 
An LA County Superior Court judge later denied Ms. Hill's request to make the ex parte restraining order permanent and dissolved the ex parte restraining order after a July 23rd hearing in which Bauer was able to respond/refute the allegations.
At the time of the initial accusations, Bauer's agent Jon Fetterolf issued a statement to Yahoo Sports, saying, "[Ms. Hill's] basis for filing a protection order is nonexistent, fraudulent, and deliberately omits key facts, information, and her own relevant communications. Any allegations that the pair’s encounters were not 100% consensual are baseless, defamatory, and will be refuted to the fullest extent of the law. and claimed that the encounters were fully consensual."

The consistent accusation among the three is that he likes to "choke out" women.  The third women, with whom he was in a relationship for a year, came forward because he said he had never choked out a woman, which I'm guessing she wants to testify to someone is a lie.  So yes, if he likes to choke out women during consensual sex, THAT is worse than what DW did.  But to me that is irrelevant to how the NFL decides to punish DW because you can be damn sure that in the publics eye, if guilty, they are both sexual predators and quibbling which is worse, when the courts aren't prosecuting either of them, is asinine.

Ieah I can see it going very well for the NFL if they in essence take this stance:

Well DW isn't accused of anything violent, so it's not near as bad as what other athlete's have been suspended for, so he doesn't deserve a big punishment.

Anyone think the NFL is going to try and quibble about degrees of sexual assault?  I don't.
Reply/Quote
I still say the NFL should consider DW sat out last year as part of the punishment. In other words, he already served the suspension IMO. Sort of like a jail sentence with time served.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 04:29 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I still say the NFL should consider DW sat out last year as part of the punishment. In other words, he already served the suspension IMO.  Sort of like a jail sentence with time served.

But he wasn't suspended and could have played.  He still got paid his full base salary of $10.54 million in 2021.  He requested a trade and apparently said he would not play for the Texans in 2021. That was before the massage stuff first appeared. The Texans made him a healthy scratch all season.  Being paid $10.54 million to do nothing all season is not really a punishment.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 04:29 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I still say the NFL should consider DW sat out last year as part of the punishment. In other words, he already served the suspension IMO.  Sort of like a jail sentence with time served.

Except he didn't already serve a punishment, he received every dollar of his pay last season.  He was demanding a trade when all of the accusations came out, now there is info linking the Texans organization to facilitating many of these hookups.  Weather he committed a crime or not, calling him sitting out with pay a 'punishment', is like rewarding the guy for bad behavior.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The league office is using words like "Unprecedented suspension." Josh Gordon got a year did he not? So what is an unprecedented punishment. 2 years? Life?
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 05:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The league office is using words like "Unprecedented suspension." Josh Gordon got a year did he not? So what is an unprecedented punishment. 2 years? Life?

i think Josh was Indefinitely Suspended and had to Apply to be reinstated.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 04:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i think Josh was Indefinitely Suspended and had to Apply to be reinstated.

Josh Gordon has been suspended many times from college through the NFL and including being suspended indefinitely a few times.  Here is a timeline of his suspensions:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/josh-gordon-suspension-timeline-chiefs/1m9gwhfoku9ns1ozy4pktmnj4k

His issues seems to be with substance abuse.   It seems obvious he has problem that he may or may not have dealt with.  It's actually really sad because he could have been great if he had gotten the help he needed early on.  But unfortunately in such situations there are not enough people to put one in check and say, "Hey man lets not go that far.  Maybe you need help."  Instead, just a bunch of people saying "yes you are awesome" no matter what because of the money and fame they have.

Manziel suffered the same fate even though he was out of the league early in his career.  Probably a lot of "yes" people in his life who had no real interest in his well being as long as he was good at football and famous. Not enough people saying, "No. You need to cut it out and get your shit together because we care about you. And if you ask for help we will be behind you 100% without judgment."

Anyway, I'm rambling here.  Gordon and Manziel are interesting cases of what could have been if only they had received help for their substance issues early on instead of being coddled by yes men only interested in their fame and fortune.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I never understood/understand why the NFL keeps letting Josh Gordon have more chances. Like how many do you get? I am all about 2nd chances. But he is on like chance 9 at this point. I do not think it is fair to keep giving him chances when there are tons of players doing things the right way.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 01:29 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I never understood/understand why the NFL keeps letting Josh Gordon have more chances. Like how many do you get? I am all about 2nd chances. But he is on like chance 9 at this point. I do not think it is fair to keep giving him chances when there are tons of players doing things the right way.

well i dont think they even test for the reason he kept getting banned anymore...

He had to apply to be reinstated... has he done anything since?
Reply/Quote
https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-deshaun-watson-to-face-nfl-disciplinary-hearing-starting-tuesday-223923835.html

NFL Wants an indefinite suspension,

Watson pushing for 0 games

NFL wants at least a year. Personally, I hope its a year and half. Make him lose 20M next year when his real contract kicks in.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 11:16 PM)ATOTR Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-deshaun-watson-to-face-nfl-disciplinary-hearing-starting-tuesday-223923835.html

NFL Wants an indefinite suspension,

Watson pushing for 0 games

NFL wants at least a year.  Personally, I hope its a year and half.  Make him lose 20M next year when his real contract kicks in.

they will likely indefinitely suspend him and allow him to apply for reinstatement after that time.   This protects them the most if anything else comes up over that 1 year
Reply/Quote
More will come out.

Hopefully he never plays again, and they have to re-locate the browns again because this move cripples them

I said in another post, Watson is a top 5 QB talent-wise. I think he's better than Burrow. But, this is so funny to be happening to the idiots up north. And I know it is not a funny overall situation whatsoever.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 02:03 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Hopefully he never plays again, 

You do realize all of these women were adults, rigth?

And there is no allegation of force or violence?

And he didn't drug them?

You honestly want a lifetime ban just because he asked adult women to have sex with him?
Reply/Quote
First lawsuit against Texans hints that “at least thirty different women” may have had their rights violated by Deshaun Watson
Posted by Mike Florio on June 27, 2022, 5:09 PM EDT

One of the biggest questions regarding the Deshaun Watson situation relates to the vague possibility that the 24 lawsuits filed against Watson will continue to expand. How many claims will there eventually be?

A strong hint appears in the first lawsuit against the Texans as a result of Watson’s behavior.

From page two of the petition filed on Monday: “It is now known that in many of Watson’s multiple massage interactions, more than massage therapy occurred — indeed, with at least thirty different women, the ‘more’ that occurred included unwanted sexual advances and outright sexual assault by Watson. Each of those thirty plus women, most of which are complete strangers to one another, experienced strikingly similar conduct from Watson.”

Twenty-four have been filed, 20 have been settled. More quite possibly will be filed. The league’s proposed suspension of Watson, an indefinite ban lasting at least one year, is aimed at factoring the possibility of more lawsuits into the final decisions made in the case.

Based on the lawsuit filed on Monday, at least six more lawsuits against Watson are possible.

-

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/27/first-lawsuit-against-texans-hints-that-at-least-thirty-different-women-may-have-had-their-rights-violated-by-deshaun-watson/
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 03:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You do realize all of these women were adults, rigth?

And there is no allegation of force or violence?

And he didn't drug them?

You honestly want a lifetime ban just because he asked adult women to have sex with him?

if he wanted sex why not just hire prostitutes...
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 08:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if he wanted sex why not just hire prostitutes...

You can not expose yourself and start to masterbate in-front of people. 

Even if the person is too mortified, or scared, or intimidated to scream and tell you to stop (A woman, Alone, in a room with them), it is still a crime. 

Then, 'releasing' yourself onto that person is also a crime. 

Taking the criminal stuff aside; it is also the doings of an absolute psychopath.   I guess that explains why Fredtoast is cool with the alleged behavior. 
Reply/Quote