Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indoor Practice Facility/Weight Room/Rehab Possibility?
A friend of mine named Jordan Griffin opened a place here in Northern Kentucky called Griffin Elite Sports Performance and Wellness Center.

Pacman actually worked out there (maybe still does if he still lives in Cincinnati).

They have state-of-the-art weight machines, Cryotherapy, basketball courts, a 70 by 30 athletic turf field and a lot more.

Here's a YouTube video of some of the things they offer.

I thought about reaching out to my friend and telling him that he should offer it up to the Bengals to rent. It's only a 13 minute drive from Paul Brown Stadium.

Should I reach out to him and see if he would offer it to the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2018, 02:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: A friend of mine named Jordan Griffin opened a place here in Northern Kentucky called Griffin Elite Sports Performance and Wellness Center.

Pacman actually worked out there (maybe still does if he still lives in Cincinnati).

They have state-of-the-art weight machines, Cryotherapy, basketball courts, a 70 by 30 athletic turf field and a lot more.

Here's a YouTube video of some of the things they offer.

I thought about reaching out to my friend and telling him that he should offer it up to the Bengals to rent.  It's only a 13 minute drive from Paul Brown Stadium.

Should I reach out to him and see if he would offer it to the Bengals?

Why not?  The worst they could do is say no.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Don't they already have this and more now within the confines of Paul Brown Stadium.

Pretty sure they did a remodel a few years back and went state of the art.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 09:18 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Don't they already have this and more now within the confines of Paul Brown Stadium.

Yes. What the Bengals DON'T have is an indoor practice facility. Basically, a full size football field indoors.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 11:48 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes. What the Bengals DON'T have is an indoor practice facility. Basically, a full size football field indoors.

Which UC does have, and is available for the Bengals when they want it.....
Reply/Quote
It's a trap.

Brad has just paid off his buddy to let him install hidden cameras in the locker room.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It's a trap.

Brad has just paid off his buddy to let him install hidden cameras in the locker room.

Oh no, not the Dalton Dong threads again...... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious  (although that season turned out pretty good)
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 11:48 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes. What the Bengals DON'T have is an indoor practice facility. Basically, a full size football field indoors.

(05-10-2018, 12:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Which UC does have, and is available for the Bengals when they want it.....

Griffin Elite also has better training equipment and all the other things that I mentioned.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 12:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Which UC does have, and is available for the Bengals when they want it.....

Didn't know this, if this is the case then people were always whining for no reason about an indoor practice facility.

Sure, the Bengals should have their own, but if the Bengals can use UC's anytime this has always been a bogus claim in ways.

To Brad, why not? I agree with McC.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't know this, if this is the case then people were always whining for no reason about an indoor practice facility.

Sure, the Bengals should have their own, but if the Bengals can use UC's anytime this has always been a bogus claim in ways.

It's just something people like to complain about.... sure, it would be nice to have one, but really it's a waste when there's one available to use...

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/football/bengals-using-bubble-avoid-trouble/G5F6nobXsae1uupUJTJ8mO/
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't know this, if this is the case then people were always whining for no reason about an indoor practice facility.

They can't use it anytime they want only when UC doesn't need it. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 02:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's just something people like to complain about.... sure, it would be nice to have one, but really it's a waste when there's one available to use...

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/football/bengals-using-bubble-avoid-trouble/G5F6nobXsae1uupUJTJ8mO/

By not having their own it gives people in general and FA in particular the impression that the organization is cheap. While it may not be a deal killer for most FA, if all other things are pretty much equal who do you think the FA will choose? 
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 08:58 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: By not having their own it gives people in general and FA in particular the impression that the organization is cheap. While it may not be a deal killer for most FA, if all other things are pretty much equal who do you think the FA will choose? 

I'd say that's the LAST thing a FA looks at. They look at one thing..... money.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 08:58 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: By not having their own it gives people in general and FA in particular the impression that the organization is cheap. While it may not be a deal killer for most FA, if all other things are pretty much equal who do you think the FA will choose? 

I have never ever in the history of free agency heard a free agent say anything about an indoor practice facility having any influence on his decision.
Reply/Quote

I don't know about that, but I wonder if there are any pschological effects from practicing in a college facility. Like, does it make the pros feel like they're back in college, does it make the pros feel like they're younger, does it make them feel like they're playing for another team, does it have absolutely no effect on their psyche? I would think that it would have little to no effect, but it'd be interesting if there were.

Personally, I think you practice where you play. If you're going to be playing outdoors on Sunday, practice outdoors. You'll be more used to the weather conditions that way.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 08:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd say that's the LAST thing a FA looks at. They look at one thing..... money.

That's why I said if everything else is equal.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 09:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never ever in the history of free agency heard a free agent say anything about an indoor practice facility having any influence on his decision.

More often than not the only reason you hear is they think team A was a better fit than team B. There are many factors that go into that fit, coaching, ownership, scheme, facilities.

Let me ask you this, if you had to choose between 2 employers that were both offering the same salary and benefits but one said you had to work outside every day regardless of the weather and the other said you only had to work outside once a week which would you choose?
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 10:11 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Personally, I think you practice where you play. If you're going to be playing outdoors on Sunday, practice outdoors. You'll be more used to the weather conditions that way.

To a certain point you have to be used to the conditions.  But the problem is that the human body burns a lot of energy just keeping warm when outside in cold weather.  The players are not able to perform as many reps or get in as much work out in the freezing cold as they are inside.  It is just hard on the body and wears them out quicker.

If the air is too cold and dry breathing heavily for extended periods can actually cause inflammation in the bronchia.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 11:42 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: More often than not the only reason you hear is they think team A was a better fit than team B. There are many factors that go into that fit, coaching, ownership, scheme, facilities.

Let me ask you this, if you had to choose between 2 employers that were both offering the same salary and benefits but one said you had to work outside every day regardless of the weather and the other said you only had to work outside once a week which would you choose?

It all depends on the weather Mallorian. I mean honestly, this is a good question.

I go with working inside everytime if it is the winter, outside if it is beautiful out.

But i mean these guys in the NFL lots of the times need to play out in the weather in order to compete with cold
weather teams like Green Bay and such. Cause when it is cold and you are just used to the warm weather it can
really hurt warm weather dudes.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 09:18 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Don't they already have this and more now within the confines of Paul Brown Stadium.

No, they have a broom stick and a couple of cinder blocks..... LMAO
Reply/Quote