Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Indy Game Meaningless. It's All Seattle Now
I'm just waiting for Indy to claim Dolegala off the PS for nothing.
Reply/Quote
The only thing I want to know for preseason game 4 is... WILL ROSS FINALLY PLAY? ZAC? WILL HE?
Reply/Quote
Meaningless game? Not so fast, my friends. Sure, the starting 22 and the 3 STers are likely not going to be put in harm's way. But, there are still 33 roster spots to fight over. People often speak of "finding the turd that stinks the least", etc. in terms of finding the roster filler guys, but in reality it's a time for some guys to show how much they can stand out from the others of their same designation.

Weather you view it as finding the least stinky turd, or finding the awesome scrap heap gems, it is definitely going to be an exciting and memorable experience for those guys involved.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 09:10 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The only thing I want to know for preseason game 4 is... WILL ROSS  FINALLY PLAY? ZAC? WILL HE?

[Image: il_794xN.1300693935_3x9m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 01:18 PM)Synric Wrote: I would like to see Finley make a few throws down the sideline he underthrew Willis twice last week vs New York...maybe a 10 or 12 yard out to showcase his arm. He looks like Tom Brady did when he was drafted tall lanky and in need of a sandwich.

Would like to see Price have a game and make Taylor and Turner question their decision for week one. Also a tackle step up and have a good game.

Pratt should get alot of snaps but have to wonder who will be next to him with since Evans is likely a "starter" Jefferson or Dawkins.

They still have WRs fighting for spots Core Malone and Tate.

Nice post, there are lots of interesting battles still going on most likely.
Reply/Quote
I think Taylor is going to have this offense humming. The depth at DT may help the LB's as the game goes on. I think the Bengals have a shot to win. It will be tough though.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 09:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meaningless game?  Not so fast, my friends.  Sure, the starting 22 and the 3 STers are likely not going to be put in harm's way.  But, there are still 33 roster spots to fight over.  People often speak of "finding the turd that stinks the least", etc. in terms of finding the roster filler guys, but in reality it's a time for some guys to show how much they can stand out from the others of their same designation.  

Weather you view it as finding the least stinky turd, or finding the awesome scrap heap gems, it is definitely going to be an exciting and memorable experience for those guys involved.

I wanna see Driskel (1st half) and Dolegalaladygagagalaga (2nd half) battle it out for the #3 QB spot. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 09:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meaningless game? Not so fast, my friends. Sure, the starting 22 and the 3 STers are likely not going to be put in harm's way. But, there are still 33 roster spots to fight over. People often speak of "finding the turd that stinks the least", etc. in terms of finding the roster filler guys, but in reality it's a time for some guys to show how much they can stand out from the others of their same designation.

Corso? Is that you?!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 07:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wanna see Driskel (1st half) and Dolegalaladygagagalaga (2nd half) battle it out for the #3 QB spot. 

I dont think either makes the 53 but Dolegala will be on the Practice Squad as the 3rd QB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 07:14 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Corso? Is that you?!

Hilarious 

[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 07:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wanna see Driskel (1st half) and Dolegalaladygagagalaga (2nd half) battle it out for the #3 QB spot. 

Can't stare in your WRs Jake.

Poker face. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Driskel first half means Driskel entertainment. I love cracking up, watching this guy miss targets by a country mile.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 07:18 PM)Synric Wrote: I dont think either makes the 53 but Dolegala will be on the Practice Squad as the 3rd QB.

If they want to put him on the practice squad, I'm not sure that I'd let him go out and potentially catch the eye of anyone in the 4th preseason game. Hell, I might not have even played him against New York. I've gone from thinking he had no shot to make the team to thinking they may actually keep 3 QBs.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 07:18 PM)Synric Wrote: I dont think either makes the 53 but Dolegala will be on the Practice Squad as the 3rd QB.

I agree. 

I was just being tongue in cheek. 

Though, i am interested to see if Finley plays at all. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 07:29 PM)NKURyan Wrote: If they want to put him on the practice squad, I'm not sure that I'd let him go out and potentially catch the eye of anyone in the 4th preseason game. Hell, I might not have even played him against New York. I've gone from thinking he had no shot to make the team to thinking they may actually keep 3 QBs.

I can't really see any scenario where a team puts him on their roster, even as a #3. That spot is usually for drafted rookies and/or older vets. 

Plus, with Dalton being near the end of his contract (short of blowing up this year), D has a shot with, really, only Finley in front of him.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 07:26 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Driskel first half means Driskel entertainment. I love cracking up, watching this guy miss targets by a country mile.

But Driskell is buddy's with Andy, and we don't want our starting QB to lose his pal. Driskell also knows the the organization and as a bonus, he has a hot wife/gf just like McCarron did. I've come to the conclusion that back up QBs are a magnet to hot women.  Pervert
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 09:34 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: But Driskell is buddy's with Andy, and we don't want our starting QB to lose his pal. Driskell also knows the the organization and as a bonus, he has a hot wife/gf just like McCarron did. I've come to the conclusion that back up QBs are a magnet to hot women.  Pervert

Of course he stay's on Andy's good side.  Else wise, Andy might just "twist and ankle", and force Driskel back into action, to face more embarrassment and humiliation from pretending to be an NFL QB..   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Nuts to that, get Driskel outta there and give Bob Dolegalaga the whole game so he can put up 7 TDs and supplant Dalton as the #1 QB! 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 09:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nuts to that, get Driskel outta there and give Bob Dolegalaga the whole game so he can put up 7 TDs and supplant Dalton as the #1 QB! 

I want this so badly too.

Andy is a good guy, so he'll mow your lawn and finish up the ol' honey to do list for ya when he's not playing the football.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 09:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nuts to that, get Driskel outta there and give Bob Dolegalaga the whole game so he can put up 7 TDs and supplant Dalton as the #1 QB! 

plus 100 yds rushing and 2 TD's
Reply/Quote