Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ineptness quantified statistically
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
To the people saying we could be 4-2 or 3-3...we've had the lead for 30 snaps ALL YEAR in 6 games. 30!
Reply/Quote
I think the one tall-tale variable that says it all thus far this season is Time of Possession. A defense with nearly 10 min differential in TOP cannot expect to hold points off the board. This is why I have given Sweet Lou a pass somewhat, although I think he will still be fired.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The problem on this team appears to be offense and schemes. I am willing to acknowledge that the play calling as been so bad that it is embarrassing. I am a Taylor supporter but I think he ought to give Callahan the play calling duties. Yet, there is no rush attack because the O-Line gets no push, has not displayed any ability to get push, even with Price and Redmond at guard position. Makes me think Turner may also be the problem....
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 04:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The problem on this team appears to be offense and schemes.  I am willing to acknowledge that the play calling as been so bad that it is embarrassing.  I am a Taylor supporter but I think he ought to give Callahan the play calling duties.  Yet, there is no rush attack because the O-Line gets no push, has not displayed any ability to get push, even with Price and Redmond at guard position.  Makes me think Turner may also be the problem....

Taylor copied the Rams playbook, but has no idea when to call what and how to adjust plays to our players.

It's pretty terrible.

An intuitive playcaller would be better.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 04:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Taylor copied the Rams playbook, but has no idea when to call what and how to adjust plays to our players.

It's pretty terrible.

An intuitive playcaller would be better.

I will give our HC a pass simply because he has never been a HC and he is way over his head.And us long long suffering fans have to live through this and I think too many coaches are giving too many signals and the players are very confused,and not that good to begin with. To me,we need a ton of high draft picks and a GM to lead the charge,UNtil we get those things this team is going nowhere but in the loss column.Its so sad to see this and I just have not figured out why for the last 6 years we have more key injuries than any other team in the league.It baffles me.Maybe the players are drinking 2% milk instead of whole milk straight from the cow.I take ginseng every day and I am 73 and have a ton of energy and people tell me I look 50. There is something going on,probably a curse of some kind.Until this staff and front office make serious changes,we are going to be crap for a long long time. The Jags are favored to whip us at our place and it will happen if they still play like that have. I GIVE UP.SOMEONE TELL ME ITS GOING TO BE BETTER.I NOW HAVE AN ULCER AND MY FAMILY HIDES FROM ME.MY DOG STILL LOVES ME,BUT I GIVE HER TREATS AND THATS PROBABLY WHY SHE STILL HANGS AROUND. Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 05:23 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I will give our HC a pass simply because he has never been a HC and he is way over his head.And us long long suffering fans have to live through this and I think too many coaches are giving too many signals and the players are very confused,and not that good to begin with. To me,we need a ton of high draft picks and a GM to lead the charge,UNtil we get those things this team is going nowhere but in the loss column.Its so sad to see this and I just have not figured out why for the last 6 years we have more key injuries than any other team in the league.It baffles me.Maybe the players are drinking 2% milk instead of whole milk straight from the cow.I take ginseng every day and I am 73 and have a ton of energy and people tell me I look 50. There is something going on,probably a curse of some kind.Until this staff and front office make serious changes,we are going to be crap for a long long time. The Jags are favored to whip us at our place and it will happen if they still play like that have. I GIVE UP.SOMEONE TELL ME ITS GOING TO BE BETTER.I NOW HAVE AN ULCER AND MY FAMILY HIDES FROM ME.MY DOG STILL LOVES ME,BUT I GIVE HER TREATS AND THATS PROBABLY WHY SHE STILL HANGS AROUND. Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:

Great...so a coach being unqualified for a job gives him a pass. We'll need to build a dominant roster for him before we can judge him.

The thing is...the guys we draft won't develop under this staff. When guys like Atkins regress...it's coaching.
Reply/Quote
In other news, Zach Brown is available.. LOL

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/14/eagles-cut-zach-brown/?fbclid=IwAR07OJumGYCpIq2L77XQ5CWa8kxFH_U7jFzR9lSjGIfg6UVu-8o0QjVGX0s

Quote:Eagles linebacker Zach Brown, who badmouthed Cousins before facing the Vikings last week, is being released, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Brown and the rest of the Eagles’ defense did not play well on Sunday, with Cousins completing 22 of 29 passes for 333 yards and four touchdowns in a 38-20 Vikings win. If you’re going to talk trash about an upcoming opponent, you’d better back it up, and Brown didn’t back it up.

Presumably Brown was cut because his play on the field hasn’t been up to par, and not because he provided the opponents with bulletin-board material. But his big talk didn’t help.

The 29-year-old Brown, who signed a one-year, $3 million contract with the Eagles this offseason, had started all six games this year and played 68 percent of their defensive snaps and 22 percent of their special teams snaps.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 04:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The problem on this team appears to be offense and schemes.  I am willing to acknowledge that the play calling as been so bad that it is embarrassing.  I am a Taylor supporter but I think he ought to give Callahan the play calling duties.  Yet, there is no rush attack because the O-Line gets no push, has not displayed any ability to get push, even with Price and Redmond at guard position.  Makes me think Turner may also be the problem....

I'm not saying the offense has been good, but I disagree there.

The defense has been far worse, and yesterday was a great example.  6 of the 30 snaps with the lead occurred yesterday before the offense ever took the field.  But the defense never forced a 3rd down the entire drive.  Tied game.  The Ravens first third down was deep in the red zone on the 4 yard line during their second drive, the snap before we trailed 14-7.  The next third down was the snap before they went up 17-7.

Now establishing a running game will help even out time of possession some, but even with fresh legs and a lead to start the game, the defense is can't make a stop.  It's too easy for the opposition to move the ball, and a bad offense damn sure isn't going to develop a rhythm sitting on the bench.  And that oline definitely needs to develop a rhythm...
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In other news, Zach Brown is available..   LOL

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/14/eagles-cut-zach-brown/?fbclid=IwAR07OJumGYCpIq2L77XQ5CWa8kxFH_U7jFzR9lSjGIfg6UVu-8o0QjVGX0s

Hey, at this point, I'd sign him. He may turn out to be our next Dhani Jones. Not great, but far above anything else we had at the time.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
In the spirit of generating debate that people claim to want...What's worse? The offense or defense?

Make your case...
Reply/Quote
This is too tough. lol
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: This is too tough. lol

It really is. I could really be swayed by a strong case.

One on hand, the offense can't move the ball which puts the defense on the field more. On the other hand, the defense is horrible against the run and has given up a franchise record in yards through 6 games...which doesn't help the offense.

It's kind of one messed up yin and yang where they both are toxic.
Reply/Quote
Here are some starter stats per game for others to discuss. I highlighted something that should make everyone wide eyed.

Offense:
PTS 16.2 (29th)
YDS 307.7 (26th)
PASS YDS 251.2 (12th)
RUSH YDS 56.5 (32nd)

Defense:
PTS 26.5 (26th)
YDS 426.0 (31st)
PASS YDS 241.5 (16th)
RUSH YDS 184.5 (32nd)
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 04:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: To the people saying we could be 4-2 or 3-3...we've had the lead for 30 snaps ALL YEAR in 6 games. 30!

Well you only need the lead for six snaps to win six games. Actually you can win six games with zero snaps in the lead. So get outta here with your misleading stats. LOL (I really didn’t want to put an emoji there, but you never know)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:31 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Here are some starter stats per game for others to discuss. I highlighted something that should make everyone wide eyed.

Offense:
PTS 16.2 (29th)
YDS 307.7 (26th)
PASS YDS 251.2 (12th)
RUSH YDS 56.5 (32nd)

Defense:
PTS 26.5 (26th)
YDS 426.0 (31st)
PASS YDS 241.5 (16th)
RUSH YDS 184.5 (32nd)

16.2 points per game. Taylor was at 17 points per game at UC!

Wow! Things come full circle. That 16/17 ppg range must be his sweet spot!
Reply/Quote
This is like asking me which of my ex-wives I like the least.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is like asking me which of my ex-wives I like the least.

Indeed. Perhaps we need a Pro/Con list?

It's really too bad that a lot of the people who argued with me how great ZT would be and how his poor OC record at UC and in Miami...have seemingly disappeared from the forum. Perhaps this 0-6 start has coincided with them forgetting their passwords?

I feel like they'd have some colorful insight.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote