Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infinity War trailer dropped today
Commentary will be posted below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So it seems like Thanos was tracking the stones when he stopped Thor's ship at the end of Ragnarok. Based on what we know from the leaked trailer last Summer, Thor goes flying through space during the battle. Thanos is seen with a purple stone, so he has the Power stone that the Nova Corps had been protecting. So with that, his power is increased and he can kick Thor's ass.

We also see Loki hand the tesseract/Space Stone over (likely to save himself and the Asgardians). It's possible Thanos used that to send Thor to another part of the galaxy.

So Thanos has two stones so far. No sign of the aether/reality stone, which is in possession of the Collector.

Hulk somehow gets to Earth and lands in Dr. Strange's place, so I am guessing he gets there while Thanos uses the space stone to send some people there to retrieve the Time Stone (Eye of Agamotto) from Dr. Strange.

The Vision seems poised to lose the Reality Stone from his head.

Wakanda is under attack, suggesting the last stone, the Soul Stone, is there and likely the reason Wakanda is so advanced.

Reply/Quote
I'm going to treat Infinity War like I'm treating Star Wars. I watch the trailers, but I won't be watching trailer breakdowns and analysis and all that. The superhero fatigue is coming on strong for me right now, and I personally thought that Thor: Ragnarok was kind of a let down. Infinity War still feels like there may be some actual consequences here, everything else has felt very procedural.

What I would personally like to see, although it would never happen, is for Thanos to absolutely put the smack down on the Avengers over the next two movies. Major players like Fury, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Happy would bite it over the course of the  movies. Part 4 would culminate with a last stand by the originals (Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, Thor) sacrificing themselves to allow the younger/newer heroes (Spidey, Winter Soldier/Black Panther/Scarlet Witch/Strange) to escape and find a way to beat Thanos. It could set up a darker universe with some actual stakes, which I feel would be a good change of pace.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 12:20 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm going to treat Infinity War like I'm treating Star Wars. I watch the trailers, but I won't be watching trailer breakdowns and analysis and all that. The superhero fatigue is coming on strong for me right now, and I personally thought that Thor: Ragnarok was kind of a let down. Infinity War still feels like there may be some actual consequences here, everything else has felt very procedural.

What I would personally like to see, although it would never happen, is for Thanos to absolutely put the smack down on the Avengers over the next two movies. Major players like Fury, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Happy would bite it over the course of the  movies. Part 4 would culminate with a last stand by the originals (Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, Thor) sacrificing themselves to allow the younger/newer heroes (Spidey, Winter Soldier/Black Panther/Scarlet Witch/Strange) to escape and find a way to beat Thanos. It could set up a darker universe with some actual stakes, which I feel would be a good change of pace.

They've said this film and the sequel set the stage for the new Marvel universe led by Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, etc. 

I'm assuming Bucky becomes the new "Cap" after Steve dies. Someone will take over as the chief science guy after Tony dies (Peter will still be too young as the next Spider-Man movie will be high school as well... but we can see him in this role once he graduates). 

Reply/Quote
Please do not tell me Steve dies. As really only one Captain American. Only one Steve Rogers! Wink
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
So hype.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
So based on the official poster, the gauntlet goes power, space, reality, and soul with the mind stone in the middle and the time stone on the thumb slot. So based on the trailer, Thanos gets to earth with only the Power and Space stone.

That means the leaked footage of him torturing the Collector (with the Guardians then "ambushing" him) likely occurs earlier in the movie and ends with him NOT getting the reality stone for whatever reason (maybe it is hidden?).

My guess is he realizes he needs more stones to get the reality stone, so he uses his power stone to defeat Thor and take the Space stone. He uses the space stone to get to Earth and steal the mind stone from the Vision, take the time stone from Strange, and defeat Wakanda to take the soul stone.

My guess is the team is defeated and he leaves Earth in possession of 5 stones with only the reality stone left. The Guardians get to Earth too late to help but recruit the surviving Avengers to join them in space to stop him from getting the last stone (whose location involves the weird thing Thor is struggling to hold in the trailer).

Captain Marvel will join the sequel and play the role of Adam Warlock from the comics (since he won't show up until Guardians 3). Feige has said she's the most powerful Avenger so far in the MCU, so it makes sense.

Reply/Quote