Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Inflation
One of the biggest and loudest right wing talking points has been trying to blame the dems for every bit of inflation. Ever since the early days of the current administration and the "I did that" stickers at gas stations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/08/excess-profits-of-big-firms-have-driven-up-inflation-report-claims.html

"British think tanks the Institute For Public Policy Research and Common Wealth said in a report Thursday that big firms made inflation “peak higher and remain more persistent,” particularly within the oil and gas, food production and commodities sectors.

“We argue that market power by some corporations and in some sectors – including temporary market power emerging in the aftermath of the pandemic – amplified inflation,” the report said."

Could it really just have been good old corporate greed mixed with a pandemic and war?

Or are the evil dems really just out to make you pay more for a groceries and transportation because they hate you and America?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 04:59 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: One of the biggest and loudest right wing talking points has been trying to blame the dems for every bit of inflation. Ever since the early days of the current administration and the "I did that" stickers at gas stations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/08/excess-profits-of-big-firms-have-driven-up-inflation-report-claims.html

"British think tanks the Institute For Public Policy Research and Common Wealth said in a report Thursday that big firms made inflation “peak higher and remain more persistent,” particularly within the oil and gas, food production and commodities sectors.

“We argue that market power by some corporations and in some sectors – including temporary market power emerging in the aftermath of the pandemic – amplified inflation,” the report said."

Could it really just have been good old corporate greed mixed with a pandemic and war?

Or are the evil dems really just out to make you pay more for a groceries and transportation because they hate you and America?

All you have to do is look at the profit reports of big companies.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
For me, the complete and utter inability of governments, businesses, and whomever to create affordable housing options is the most worrisome. It may end up keeping me stuck in a blue-state college town because 1.) It's expensive to move, 2.) Rent would be higher no matter what even though I qualify for senior housing now, and 3.) Moving to a new city or area might mean more dependence on my car, which is starting to show its age and I cannot afford even a good used one. Yeah, I know. Wah, wah, wah.
Reply/Quote
November 2023 Jobs Report

The November jobs report is out this morning, and things are continuing to trend in the right direction.  
  • The Biden admin added 200k new jobs for Americans, and wages continue to outpace inflation; 
  • Union and overall labor productivity continues to grow to pre-pandemic levels; 
  • Unemployment fell from 3.9% to 3.7% (Still the lowest in 50 years), and wages grew by .4%. 
  • S&P500 is up over 20% YTD 
  • NASDAQ is up over 48% YTD
Inflation is trending down and wages are trending up, and Americans are seeing major relief at the gas pump.  
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 04:59 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: One of the biggest and loudest right wing talking points has been trying to blame the dems for every bit of inflation. Ever since the early days of the current administration and the "I did that" stickers at gas stations.

Pretty stupid take on inflation. We are not in a war. So your argument when inflation was good under Trump there was no corporate greed. I get Biden economy sucks and you will say anything to place blame on GOP and companies, but this is self inflicted. Joe Biden on day one reversed the Trump energy policies.

The attack on fossil fuels spiked the price of gasoline and gas thus impacting the economy. What was the price of gasoline when Biden took office? What is it now? Those high costs impact everything all the way down the supply line. Biden made a decision to change policy for the climate.

Biden killed the middle class and lower income with his policy decisions. I can't recall any President having almost 20% inflation in his first 3 years in office. You are in the minority, people are not stupid and know they did better financially under Trump.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Pretty stupid take on inflation. We are not in a war. So your argument when inflation was good under Trump there was no corporate greed. I get Biden economy sucks and you will say anything to place blame on GOP and companies, but this is self inflicted. Joe Biden on day one reversed the Trump energy policies.

The attack on fossil fuels spiked the price of gasoline and gas thus impacting the economy. What was the price of gasoline when Biden took office? What is it now? Those high costs impact everything all the way down the supply line. Biden made a decision to change policy for the climate.

Biden killed the middle class and lower income with his policy decisions. I can't recall any President having almost 20% inflation in his first 3 years in office. You are in the minority, people are not stupid and know they did better financially under Trump.
You continue to show your ignorance and a basic lack of understanding of economics.  NO OTHER PRESIDENT IN OUR HISTORY ADDED $ 8 TRILLION TO OUR NATIONAL DEBT.

All the inflation we experienced when President Biden took office was a direct result of the Trump tax cuts that added $8-Trillon to our national debt and did not balance our budget.  That's more than all other admin put together.  

Here's Conservative Mike Pompeo slamming Trump for creating an environment that created hyperinflation by adding record debt of $8-Trillon, manipulating the Fed by not allowing to raise interest rates, and printing $-Trillions back by nothing from the mishandling of COVID.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3883003-pompeo-takes-swipe-at-trump-over-adding-nearly-8-trillion-to-us-debt/

So why don't you explain to all of us, how all these things DID NOT create an environment ripe for hyperinflation, and why a conservative like Mike Pompeo is slamming Trump for being the biggest RINO the GOP has ever seen?

FYI, the price of fuel and energy costs are way down.   Look up the data contained in the Bureau of labor statistics, and do your research instead of parroting the BS from networks that are admitted liars.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote