Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ingrown Toe Nail
how much pain am i looking at here to get this removed? How long will i be out of commish?

it doesn't hurt too bad right now. its more a pain in the ass (but my big toe)
Reply/Quote
It won't hurt anymore having it repaired than it does now. In fact, it will hurt a lot less. What are you waiting for?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 11:25 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: how much pain am i looking at here to get this removed?  How long will i be out of commish?

it doesn't hurt too bad right now.  its more a pain in the ass (but my big toe)

They ****ing hurt. I had one in my big toe back in high school. Try playing football with that! I also broke the same toe kicking a field goal while I had said in grown toe nail. My whole foot was black and blue for weeks! Couldn't hardly walk on it. I finally went to see the doctor about it after peeing one day with flip flops on, I looked down at my foot and put a little pressure on the toe and a HUGE glob of pus,infection and blood blew out onto the floor, from where the toe nail meets the skin. The doctor shoved a needle down into the nail and then took a pair of scissors to it. My nail is still messed up to this day from that.

I guess the lesson to take from all of this is to just get it taken care of right away.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
i've booked the appointment with my doctor XXlt....Aug 25.

i'm going to be going to Ann Arbor for the week after labor day and will be doing a ton of walking that week Hawk....you think i'll be fine by then? i mean two weeks after the pain should be gone right? your scenario sounds a lot worse.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 12:07 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: i've booked the appointment with my doctor XXlt....Aug 25.

i'm going to be going to Ann Arbor for the week after labor day and will be doing a ton of walking that week Hawk....you think i'll be fine by then?  i mean two weeks after the pain should be gone right?  your scenario sounds a lot worse.

That should be enough time. Just don't walk into Michigan Stadium that weekend. I foresee bad things happening to you if you do. Terrible, unimaginable bad things. Ninja

:jk:
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 12:17 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: That should be enough time.  Just don't walk into Michigan Stadium that weekend.  I foresee bad things happening to you if you do.  Terrible, unimaginable bad things.    Ninja

:jk:

I'll be in section 9 row 17!
Reply/Quote
I usually cut mine out myself with a knife and some toenail clippers.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 01:07 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: I'll be in section 9 row 17!

Doh! 

I'm a fan of the Beaver(s).  Esp that weekend. :)

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 11:39 AM)xxlt Wrote: It won't hurt anymore having it repaired than it does now. In fact, it will hurt a lot less. What are you waiting for?

This. 
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 03:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Doh! 

I'm a fan of the Beaver(s).  Esp that weekend.  :)

I too am a fan of beaver.  wait? what?
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 11:25 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: how much pain am i looking at here to get this removed?  How long will i be out of commish?

it doesn't hurt too bad right now.  its more a pain in the ass (but my big toe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF8awMQ2HH4

You won't feel the ingrown toenail being removed and you won't be our of commission at all.  You will feel the lidocaine injections which aren't fun.  You shouldn't have any more pain after the procedure than before.  However, the procedure won't give you immediate relief if you have a lot of inflammation due to the ingrown toenail.  As the swelling improves so will your pain which should take about 1-2 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 12:07 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: i've booked the appointment with my doctor XXlt....Aug 25.

i'm going to be going to Ann Arbor for the week after labor day and will be doing a ton of walking that week Hawk....you think i'll be fine by then?  i mean two weeks after the pain should be gone right?  your scenario sounds a lot worse.

I've had ingrown toenails before. The only pain during the procedure you'll feel is the needle to numb your toe. You should be fine in a couple of days if that long.

Reply/Quote