Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries
This may come across as loser talk, and I know every team deals with it, but is it just me or is this team just decimated with injuries every year? I'm honestly curious where this team ranks in the number of injuries the last few years. Worse still, the injuries tend to happen to specific position groups. This year alone our linebacker corps has been dwindled down to practice squad players and we have three tight ends on IR.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Teams with little depth or solid systems can't handle the injuries.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Injuries are part of the game, but in general it does seem like we have a lot every year.

But then again...we often draft guys with our 1st Round pick that are coming off of serious injuries. So I don't know.
Reply/Quote
They've covered this extensively on NFL radio. A team should be able to suffer an injurie, and have the 2nd guy come in with little dropoff. If the 2nd guy gets injured, it's usually over if the 3rd guy has to play. We have how many injured receivers, tight ends and Linebackers????
Reply/Quote
Someone needs to start a thread about firing the strength and conditioning coaches. Bengals are regularly one of the weakest teams in the NFL. It's quite evident by how they get pushed around (team-wide) on a regular basis. Hell, how many times have you seen 2 or 3 defenders against a RB and the back goes forward another 2-5 yards?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
WE are on our #3 TE and are running out Boyd and then scrubs at WR. At LB we are playing #1, #5 and #6.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Someone needs to start a thread about firing the strength and conditioning coaches. Bengals are regularly one of the weakest teams in the NFL. It's quite evident by how they get pushed around (team-wide) on a regular basis. Hell, how many times have you seen 2 or 3 defenders against a RB and the back goes forward another 2-5 yards?

Lots!  Rarely do you see Bengal defenders stop ball carries in their tracks.  These hidden yards are a killer.

And for a quality tackler like Dennard to get pushed around by Willie Snead is flat out embarrassing.  
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:01 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Lots!  Rarely do you see Bengal defenders stop ball carries in their tracks.  These hidden yards are a killer.

And for a quality tackler like Dennard to get pushed around by Willie Snead is flat out embarrassing.  

Yep. And it's been going on for a long time. One of MANY problems that needs correcting.  Sick

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:39 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Teams with little depth or solid systems can't handle the injuries.

Agree every team has injuries, its no excuse and Im tires of people using it

No way we should have lost to a rookie QB who can barely throw the ball downfield
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote