Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries
I get that Williams was said to be 'dinged up' and then was out for the year...and that there was no news on Boling as to why he missed practice and he retired...

BUT,

Some of our injuries will just be minor injuries. I notice that the board assumes the worst with every injury.

For instance, Price. The team is going to hold guys out of camp so they can recover from minor things. There's no reason to push guys and have them get injured worse.

re: AJ Green - We'll wait and see, but he has 4-5 weeks before we play a meaningful game. For a guy like Green, preseason is meaningless.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 10:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I get that Williams was said to be 'dinged up' and then was out for the year...and that there was no news on Boling as to why he missed practice and he retired...

BUT,

Some of our injuries will just be minor injuries. I notice that the board assumes the worst with every injury.

For instance, Price. The team is going to hold guys out of camp so they can recover from minor things. There's no reason to push guys and have them get injured worse.

re: AJ Green - We'll wait and see, but he has 4-5 weeks before we play a meaningful game. For a guy like Green, preseason is meaningless.
It's hard not to assume the worse being a Bengals fan lol. I feel like the Ross injury could be serious he's already hurt somehow which is concerning with his past injury history. He missed all of mini camp and isn't practicing the first day of training camp with hamstring soreness. He needs all the reps he can get learning a new offense. This sounds terrible but i'm afraid to look at the Bengals news updates fearing their will be some sort of Eifert  injury news appearing. Just part of being Bengals fan expect the worse hope for the best. 
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 11:28 PM)lone bengal Wrote: It's hard not to assume the worse being a Bengals fan lol. I feel like the Ross injury could be serious he's already hurt somehow which is concerning with his past injury history. He missed all of mini camp and isn't practicing the first day of training camp with hamstring soreness. He needs all the reps he can get learning a new offense. This sounds terrible but i'm afraid to look at the Bengals news updates fearing their will be some sort of Eifert  injury news appearing. Just part of being Bengals fan expect the worse hope for the best. 

There's a good chance someone like Erickson is our #3 WR this year and Ross is a 4th or 5th WR.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 10:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I get that Williams was said to be 'dinged up' and then was out for the year...and that there was no news on Boling as to why he missed practice and he retired...

BUT,

Yup.  For example, Ross had some tightness and was held out as a precaution.  Someone needs to get him some yoga DVD's or something.  It's reported to be a low ankle sprain with AJ and I'm not sweating him missing time in TC.  Price was good during OTA's, so I'm assuming he's got a muscle pull/strain from weight training.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well. we hope they are minor injuries. For some reason, with this club, minor injuries turn out to be major injuries.

Hoping for the best, but this franchise is cursed
Reply/Quote
Injuries are unpredictable. They could happen now, they could happen week 2, or they could happen in December. There's nothing that can really be done about it, so you just have to kind of hope for the best and move on.

Last year one of the big stories coming out of training camp was how overwhelmingly healthy the team was. They were completely broken within 2 months.

One thing that WOULD lead to an increase an injuries is running a bunch of guys out there who aren't at 100%, so if Ross and Price need a couple of days I say give it to them, and if AJ just needs to chill for the rest of the preseason than so be it.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 01:28 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: Well. we hope they are minor injuries.  For some reason, with this club, minor injuries tun out to be major injuries.

Hoping for the best, but this franchise is cursed

To be fair, this is also the franchise where Carson Palmer went from "his career is in jeopardy" to "started preseason games the next year and had a great 2006". We've certainly dodge bullets and gotten lucky at times too.
Reply/Quote
Anymore I take nothing for granted with this team. Even a player saying, "Hey. I got something in my eye...wait a second." means "I'm totally blind and I'll never see again!" or at least it feels like it.. A common cold is congestive heart failure for sure.. and DON'T EVEN start with the term DINGED! Dinged in Cincinnati is a career ender.. If the Bengals were an army "dinged" would be roughly the equivalent of an entire region of the world wiped off the map with nuclear weapons.. If news reports ever say Cincinnati as a city got dinged you can pretty much count on being totally vaporized..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
An article posted earlier this morning has the Bengals unpleasant with the condition of the field in Dayton. My take is if you knew it was subpar, why hold the practice. Just sign some autographs, hold some babies and start practicing the next day.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/7/28/8933378/bengals-coaches-dayton-practice-field-a-j-green-injury

Reply/Quote
How could anyone ever suggest that Dayton has anything that isn't only the best? All I'm saying Dog is to not run away to Dayton.. I was arrested and jailed there because my dog ran away.. Just sayin..  Tongue
Funny thing.. The area they had planned to build the field is basically all bottom land, nice, soft, rich soil that would be great for farming if it wasn't a park.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We’re Bengals’s fans, pessimism reigns supreme. So of course, if something is going to be a molehill we will assume a mountain until proven otherwise. Our luck sometimes just isn’t good.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 09:20 AM)pally Wrote: We’re Bengals’s fans, pessimism reigns supreme.  So of course, if something is going to be a molehill we will assume a mountain until proven otherwise.  Our luck sometimes just isn’t good.

Cincinnati could build a huge tourism industry for mountaineers wanting to go mole hill climbing..  Just think of all those potential sherpa jobs.. 

Reply/Quote

BUT,

I agree preseason is meaningless but with a new coaching staff and playbook it's a great time to work out the wrinkles.  Green is a smart dude so i'm sure he already has it pretty much down tho.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 09:04 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: An article posted earlier this morning has the Bengals unpleasant with the condition of the field in Dayton. My take is if you knew it was subpar, why hold the practice. Just sign some autographs, hold some babies and start practicing the next day.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/7/28/8933378/bengals-coaches-dayton-practice-field-a-j-green-injury

Did the field really have anything to do with it? The article I read said it looked like he came down on Dre's foot when they were both going for the ball...…. that can happen anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 11:28 PM)lone bengal Wrote: It's hard not to assume the worse being a Bengals fan lol. I feel like the Ross injury could be serious he's already hurt somehow which is concerning with his past injury history. He missed all of mini camp and isn't practicing the first day of training camp with hamstring soreness. He needs all the reps he can get learning a new offense. This sounds terrible but i'm afraid to look at the Bengals news updates fearing their will be some sort of Eifert  injury news appearing. Just part of being Bengals fan expect the worse hope for the best. 

Not for the faint of heart, for sure.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 01:28 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Injuries are unpredictable. They could happen now, they could happen week 2, or they could happen in December. There's nothing that can really be done about it, so you just have to kind of hope for the best and move on.

Last year one of the big stories coming out of training camp was how overwhelmingly healthy the team was. They were completely broken within 2 months.

One thing that WOULD lead to an increase an injuries is running a bunch of guys out there who aren't at 100%, so if Ross and Price need a couple of days I say give it to them, and if AJ just needs to chill for the rest of the preseason than so be it.

re: Ross - I think people are just getting tired of him. He seems to always be dinged up, then when he gets in games he doesn't produce and when he shows an flicker of hope, he pulls a hamstring or something.

IF he were a 2nd or 3rd Round pick...I doubt he'd be scrutinized as much...
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 09:20 AM)pally Wrote: We’re Bengals’s fans, pessimism reigns supreme.  So of course, if something is going to be a molehill we will assume a mountain until proven otherwise.  Our luck sometimes just isn’t good.

Luck is only a small percentage of the Bengals problem. Poor management and refusing to bring practices up to par with the rest of the NFL are. We've had so many lifers here that they probably don't even recognize good practices.

That's the boost we get from a new coach. Someone from outside the organization is like...he why don't you have a clock at the practice field? Seems like a small thing, but for decades no one realized it.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 10:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Did the field really have anything to do with it? The article I read said it looked like he came down on Dre's foot when they were both going for the ball...…. that can happen anywhere.

The city of Dayton is the scapegoat.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 12:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: re: Ross - I think people are just getting tired of him. He seems to always be dinged up, then when he gets in games he doesn't produce and when he shows an flicker of hope, he pulls a hamstring or something.

IF he were a 2nd or 3rd Round pick...I doubt he'd be scrutinized as much...

Yeah.  He really needs to stop stacking bad on top of bad.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 12:23 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah.  He really needs to stop stacking bad on top of bad.

And the real kicker is...we just know that if he misses practice that he won't learn the offense fully. He's struggled with that side of the game from various quotes.
Reply/Quote