Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries and high draft picks
(06-11-2020, 09:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not dodge anything.  Apparently the point just went over your head.

Why criticize the bengals for something that every team does?

And WTF does Gresham have to do with injured rookies?  His first three seasons he only missed a total of three games, had 172 receptions and went to two pro bowls.  Over the last decade only 5 TEs had more receptions their first three years in the league.  You really have to go through some serious mental gymnastics to shit on the Bengals for that pick.

speaking of points going over your head..

Gresham was coming off of a torn ACL prior to the Draft. 

As I said. Bengals took 5 players out of 10 drafts that had pre-draft injuries (some multiple) that required surgery. Acls, torn labrum, torn Pec. Etc. Sure I understand many players get hurt have injuries, but to take that player in the first is a major gamble, cause more often than not, they just don't work out for the long run. And before you say it, the reverse is also an exception to the rule. Some guys didn't have any major issues and once in the NFL couldn't stay healthy, but those types can't be as predicted as guys that already have had major injuries.

Anyways. Last response to you about anything. Your go to is to call others clueless or try to insult them. I find that derogatory and am tired as hell of you. It doesn't bode well for open communication, just pisses people off.

Adios
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 10:55 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: speaking of points going over your head..

As I said. Bengals took 5 players out of 10 drafts that had pre-draft injuries (some multiple) that required surgery. Acls, torn labrum, torn Pec. Etc. Sure I understand many players get hurt have injuries, but to take that player in the first is a major gamble, cause more often than not, they just don't work out for the long run. And before you say it, the reverse is also an exception to the rule. Some guys didn't have any major issues and once in the NFL couldn't stay healthy, but those types can't be as predicted as guys that already have had major injuries.

Anyways. Last response to you about anything. Your go to is to call others clueless or try to insult them. I find that derogatory and am tired as hell of you. It doesn't bode well for open communication, just pisses people off.

Adios

Your argument really is weak you are throwing things at wall here to say it sticks.. I believe price never missed a snap in college, he had a minor injury weight lifting and THAT. injury has not bothered him in NFL.. adios
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 10:55 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: speaking of points going over your head..

Adios

This post provides ZERO proof that the Bengals draft more injured players than any other team.

If you don't draft players that had injuries in college then you are eliminating many of the greta college players.  Gresham is a perfect example of that.  He had injuries in college, but he was still one of the better TEs in the league his first few seasons.  Over the last decade only 5 other TES had more receptions their first three seasons.  Anthony Munoz had multiple knee injurues in college.  A J Green missed the end of his junior season at Georgia with injury. Johnathan Joseph missed an entire season with injury in college.

EVERY team in the league drafts players that had injuries in college.  Just look at the draft where we took Ross.  Myles Garrett, Christian McCaffery, and Leonard Fournette were all taken before Ross even though they were all recovering from injury.
Reply/Quote