Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries got me dreading
to look at Bengals related news at work.

And we have to play preseason games in Flordia and Detroit? I'm scared i'm going to see the wrong kind of articles soon.

I hate injuries.
Reply/Quote
Toughen up, being a Bengal fan isn't for sissies.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 10:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Toughen up, being a Bengal fan isn't for sissies.

Seonded.  We've seen it all before.  Things work themselves out.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 10:16 PM)Harmening Wrote: Seonded.  We've seen it all before.  Things work themselves out.

That's the thing. Things have literally never worked themselves out, if we're talking THEE trophy hoist. 
Reply/Quote
Maybe we should sign Owen Daniels.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 10:27 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: That's the thing. Things have literally never worked themselves out, if we're talking THEE trophy hoist. 

Worst case scenario, the Bengals have to play a couple games without their #1 and #2 TEs, their backup CB, and maybe their starting SS....I haven't heard an update on Shawn, but I know he was a little gimpy.

The Bengals have Hewitt and Uzomah.  They also have a handful of WRs and RBs that can play slot WR.  They might have to go more 3 wide receiver sets for a little while.  This team has depth.  They have depth of good talent, not scrubs.  They will be fine.  They bottom line to the Lombardi is which team will be the healthiest in the playoffs (yes, I know they have to get there first). 

I'm not happy about the injuries, but I know this team will be fine because they have been built to overcome these injuries.  
Reply/Quote
Now I just sit in silence.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 10:45 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Worst case scenario, the Bengals have to play a couple games without their #1 and #2 TEs, their backup CB, and maybe their starting SS....I haven't heard an update on Shawn, but I know he was a little gimpy.

The Bengals have Hewitt and Uzomah.  They also have a handful of WRs and RBs that can play slot WR.  They might have to go more 3 wide receiver sets for a little while.  This team has depth.  They have depth of good talent, not scrubs.  They will be fine.  They bottom line to the Lombardi is which team will be the healthiest in the playoffs (yes, I know they have to get there first). 

I'm not happy about the injuries, but I know this team will be fine because they have been built to overcome these injuries.  

Rep.

It's going to be a long season, too much talent here to ponder what this team is actually capable of...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
If it makes you feel any better, every team gets them. Steelers lost a corner to a linsfranc today.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 10:48 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Now I just sit in silence.

Did somebody steal your car radio?

Reply/Quote
I think that ole' Pete said it best: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhnPVP23rzo
Reply/Quote
7-9 isn't looking so crazy now.

Reply/Quote
Well I guess we could always bring back Hall and put him at S if need be. He has always been a sure tackler.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 10:45 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Worst case scenario, the Bengals have to play a couple games without their #1 and #2 TEs, their backup CB, and maybe their starting SS....I haven't heard an update on Shawn, but I know he was a little gimpy.

With kumerow being 6"5 210 if we don't like uz we could put him in at TE on passing plays
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 11:29 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Did somebody steal your car radio?

Oh man. That song is national? They play it on the local university's radio station and I just assumed it was just some douche kid who they allowed to get some airtime. I hate it. That is all. 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 01:45 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: 7-9 isn't looking so crazy now.

Oh my....really?  They drop five games over a year ago because they are (potentially) down their #2 TE and a corner that wasn't even on the roster a year ago?  

They will get Eifert back early.  They have Hewitt and Uzomah.  They didn't lose any starting CBs from last year and they will likely see Dennard at 100% for the first time in his time here thus far.

This team took the team that won the Super Bowl to OT on THEIR FIELD with a backup QB!  Give the addition of Dalton some credit!

Sheesh!
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 07:56 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Oh man. That song is national? They play it on the local university's radio station and I just assumed it was just some douche kid who they allowed to get some airtime. I hate it. That is all. 

That band is national, so you might want to turn your radio off. 

That being said, I like some of their stuff but that particular song is my least favorite.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 01:45 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: 7-9 isn't looking so crazy now.

I said 9-7 and that was assuming Pittsburgh is still able to push their buttons successfully, and if they stayed relatively healthy.  7-9 isn't out of the question now.

I don't know, with all the technology now and how these guys are supposedly better built now a days, how is all this happening so early in the season? Maybe they are just being more cautious now than they used to be.
Reply/Quote
We still have over a month until the first regular season game. Guys with minor injuries have plenty of time to heal and get ready. Eifert will be back early, and Guenther publicly stated that he didn't expect Dennard to be out for long.

In terms of the safety position we are in a similar spot whether we have to start Derron Smith or Shawn Williams (relatively unknown). While Williams has had a bit more playing time, we still don't know what to expect from him as a regular starter, which is about what you get if you have to start Smith. To beat this dead horse a bit more, Smith was a training camp/preseason stud last year, and reports so far this year indicate that he's having another good camp.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Oh my....really?  They drop five games over a year ago because they are (potentially) down their #2 TE and a corner that wasn't even on the roster a year ago?  

They will get Eifert back early.  They have Hewitt and Uzomah.  They didn't lose any starting CBs from last year and they will likely see Dennard at 100% for the first time in his time here thus far.

This team took the team that won the Super Bowl to OT on THEIR FIELD with a backup QB!  Give the addition of Dalton some credit!

Sheesh!

I'm depressed over the injuries man, let me vent here instead of real life? All this shit just has me down. Cry

Reply/Quote