Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries-week 11

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hilton and Reader back is a very good thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 09:16 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hilton and Reader back is a very good thing.

I like how Jalen Davis and Tufele played in their absence. 

Don't need to give Mike and DJ a full load because of this too which is also good.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like how Jalen Davis and Tufele played in their absence. 

Don't need to give Mike and DJ a full load because of this too which is also good.

It's still a significant drop-off, but I would still rotate in Tufele to keep everyone fresh.  Hope they come out breathing fire and beat the ever loving shit out of the steelers.

Funny memory:  Last year, during that epic roasting of the pig, when Hilton took a pick six to make the score 40-3, my phone was (of course) blowing up with texts, but the best one came from my best friend who simply texted:  "This is the best day of my life!!!", and I could not stop laughing.  He is married with two kids.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like how Jalen Davis and Tufele played in their absence. 

Did as well but still ecstatic to welcome Reader and Hilton back

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 10:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It's still a significant drop-off, but I would still rotate in Tufele to keep everyone fresh.  Hope they come out breathing fire and beat the ever loving shit out of the steelers.

Funny memory:  Last year, during that epic roasting of the pig, when Hilton took a pick six to make the score 40-3, my phone was (of course) blowing up with texts, but the best one came from my best friend who simply texted:  "This is the best day of my life!!!", and I could not stop laughing.  He is married with two kids.   Hilarious

That is hilarious! Hilarious Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 10:41 AM)pally Wrote:

Great news on Chido's surgery. Hope he heals well, what a stud and a great man on and off the field.

Sucks to have such a terrible injury when he was having such a great season but hey, he will be back and hopefully picks up 
right where he left off next season and has an even better one.
Reply/Quote
Minkah Fitzpatrick was a full participant in the Steelers practice today

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 07:37 PM)pally Wrote: Minkah Fitzpatrick was a full participant in the Steelers practice today

Uh-oh

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 07:37 PM)pally Wrote: Minkah Fitzpatrick was a full participant in the Steelers practice today

There was a thread you started last Saturday that Fitzpatrick was likely out due to an emergency appendectomy. So, does it now seem he will be playing?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 07:57 PM)Nepa Wrote: There was a thread started last Saturday that Fitzpatrick was likely out due to an emergency appendectomy. So, does it now seem he will be playing?

He had an appendectomy last Saturday. It was said by the Steelers than that they expected him to be out for several weeks.  Apparently, Fitzpatrick can play 8 days after a simple appendectomy.  It is amazing the difference in appendectomy recovery when the appendix doesn't burst and require an open operation, 6 days in the hospital, and IV antibiotics 

Reply/Quote
That's just stupid playing 8 days after having an organ removed from your gut.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 07:26 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That's just stupid playing 8 days after having an organ removed from your gut.

That's exactly what I was thinking while reading through this thread. It's not worth the health risk.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 07:26 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That's just stupid playing 8 days after having an organ removed from your gut.

That’s what these guys do. Talent gets you most of the way there, but you gotta have the drive and the willingness to go beyond what most people will do.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 07:26 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That's just stupid playing 8 days after having an organ removed from your gut.

The appendix isn't an organ, it is just a small finger shaped protrusion that comes off the end of the colon. The colon heals almost immediately. It is just the small incisions into the abdomen he has to worry about. He may play, but he's not going to like getting hit. 
Reply/Quote
It’s pretty stupid to rush him back during a lost season. But hey, if the 3-6 Steelers want to mismanage their All Pro Safety that’s their business.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 10:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s pretty stupid to rush him back during a lost season. But hey, if the 3-6 Steelers want to mismanage their All Pro Safety that’s their business.

Maybe this game is the Steeler's Super Bowl this year. Set out to wreck the Super Bowl aspirations of their close rivals. Makes me glad the game got downgraded from the Sunday Night Game. Already saw Cleveland embarrass the Bengals on Monday Night Football on Halloween night. Steelers don't need the extra motivation from a home game on national TV. 
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
ESPN is reporting that Minkah Fitzpatrick is set to play.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35054110/steelers-minkah-fitzpatrick-set-play-appendectomy

Although some of the quotes had me cringing:

"The worry is when they cut you open, they cut through muscle, obviously to get into your stomach," he said, also telling ESPN that doctors initially told him it could take 10 days to two weeks to recover. "So you just wanna make sure that that's healed properly before you get out there and go."
Reply/Quote