Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries-week 11
CB Ahkello Witherspoon is the only Steeler ruled out

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 08:21 AM)michaelsean Wrote: That’s what these guys do. Talent gets you most of the way there, but you gotta have the drive and the willingness to go beyond what most people will do.

True, I just don't think it is smart by him. He might miss a hit and tear the stitches open or something.

No way is that completely healed already.

(11-18-2022, 10:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The appendix isn't an organ, it is just a small finger shaped protrusion that comes off the end of the colon. The colon heals almost immediately. It is just the small incisions into the abdomen he has to worry about. He may play, but he's not going to like getting hit. 

Let's make him pay for this decision it is what we need to do.

(11-18-2022, 10:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s pretty stupid to rush him back during a lost season. But hey, if the 3-6 Steelers want to mismanage their All Pro Safety that’s their business.

Truth, not our fault if he gets hurt really bad cause of this decision.

(11-18-2022, 10:58 AM)Nepa Wrote: Maybe this game is the Steeler's Super Bowl this year. Set out to wreck the Super Bowl aspirations of their close rivals. Makes me glad the game got downgraded from the Sunday Night Game. Already saw Cleveland embarrass the Bengals on Monday Night Football on Halloween night. Steelers don't need the extra motivation from a home game on national TV. 

Man, the last game was their Superbowl. This is our Superbowl, make no mistake, we cannot lose this game. Especially 
after the Titans getting the win last night and King Henry playing great and having a mini bye to rest up and we play these
guys next. But I agree on having our game getting downgraded, this helps us I think. We play better earlier in the day it 
seems than at night. 

(11-18-2022, 05:42 PM)Nepa Wrote: ESPN is reporting that Minkah Fitzpatrick is set to play.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35054110/steelers-minkah-fitzpatrick-set-play-appendectomy

Although some of the quotes had me cringing:

"The worry is when they cut you open, they cut through muscle, obviously to get into your stomach," he said, also telling ESPN that doctors initially told him it could take 10 days to two weeks to recover. "So you just wanna make sure that that's healed properly before you get out there and go."

Not smart by Minkah, oh well, make him pay.
Reply/Quote
I played a full soccer game but I waited the full 2 weeks. But I also wasn't trying to take down a 250 lb grown man....

I'm not sure I'd be putting my body on the line for a lost season. Maybe he has some bonuses in his contract that he's trying to hit...
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
This is the Steelers Super Bowl. Of course Fitzpatrick is going to play. POS from New Jersey.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had a regular appendectomy and had a lifting restriction for several days. 8 days for a pro might be doable.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote