Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries week 12

that calf is still causing Randy problems

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 06:32 PM)pally Wrote:

Tupou hadn't practiced since Oct 14th? Why wasn't he on IR? Bengals seem oddly reluctant to use IR this year. Still not sure how I feel about not IR'ing Chase so you can maybe get some snaps from a guy who is coming fresh off being on crutches for a month. Feels short sighted.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He'll probably play, but Jeffrey Simmons might be Tennessee's best player. Any limitations to his performance could be a big deal.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 07:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tupou hadn't practiced since Oct 14th? Why wasn't he on IR? Bengals seem oddly reluctant to use IR this year. Still not sure how I feel about not IR'ing Chase so you can maybe get some snaps from a guy who is coming fresh off being on crutches for a month. Feels short sighted.

Could be, in this case, using crutches and needing crutches are two different scenarios.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 07:29 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: He'll probably play, but Jeffrey Simmons might be Tennessee's best player. Any limitations to his performance could be a big deal.

For sure, that guy is a stud.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 07:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tupou hadn't practiced since Oct 14th? Why wasn't he on IR? Bengals seem oddly reluctant to use IR this year. Still not sure how I feel about not IR'ing Chase so you can maybe get some snaps from a guy who is coming fresh off being on crutches for a month. Feels short sighted.

probably because initial indications were that he wasn't supposed to be out this long.  Seems as long as they have elevations available on the PS they can be conservative with placing a player on the IR

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 06:32 PM)pally Wrote:
that calf is still causing Randy problems

FAT Randy!  Which Calf?  Does he know which one to grab?  Hope that payoff for that set up his family for life.

Then again, that season was how they got Chase....all part of the plan :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
looks like Mixon may not clear concussion protocol by Sunday. If they clear in one week they usually have at least a limited practice on Thursday. But we shall see. Good to see Dax Hill a full participant. I suspect, at least publically, Chase will be a game day decision. Might as well keep the Titans guessing

Reply/Quote
Mixon out would be no disaster, let him recover another week. Perine is a perfectly capable back and a better blocker.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 11:14 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Mixon out would be no disaster, let him recover another week. Perine is a perfectly capable back and a better blocker.

Yeah, roll with Perine and Williams
Reply/Quote
Mixon is missing from practice for a 3rd day.
Tufele is back after being sick for 2 days
Chase is back out there

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 11:14 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Mixon out would be no disaster, let him recover another week. Perine is a perfectly capable back and a better blocker.

Especially this week with the Titans being stout against the run we probably need to lean heavily on the pass anyway. Evans has been back at full and will be curious to see him getting more opportunities if that does happen. Also I'll be curious if they still use Williams on kick return with returns he had against the Steelers. Although that was probably a weird game as I think the wind must have been having an affect preventing touchbacks.
Reply/Quote
Mixon has been ruled OUT for Sunday

Chase will be listed as questionable but Zac did say he has looked good all week

Dax Hill and Chris Evans should both play

Reply/Quote
Official report

FP-Questionable

Dax Hill-shoulder
Josh Tupou-calf

LP-Questionable

Ja'Marr Chase-hip
Joe Bachie-knee

Reply/Quote